Author Topic: Can't Change Render Without Crashing  (Read 2319 times)

Valar.Morghulis

Re: Can't Change Render Without Crashing
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2018, 03:57:32 pm »
If nothing works out for ye, you can always try downloading and replacing the original Feral Heart from >here<
If you do just that, make sure to save up all presets/markings/textures/items/etc that you use. But add them after you try the game that has only original files in it. Just to see if maybe one of these things is blocking the render from working properly

Offline Aphalos

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • I bless the rains down in Africa~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2018, 04:16:15 pm »
If nothing works out for ye, you can always try downloading and replacing the original Feral Heart from >here<
If you do just that, make sure to save up all presets/markings/textures/items/etc that you use. But add them after you try the game that has only original files in it. Just to see if maybe one of these things is blocking the render from working properly

I've done that. Also tried updating DirectX as well. Wonder if there's a fault with my PC causing it not to work and that's where the problem lies and not with Feral Heart at all. If I figure out what the root of the problem is I'll update the thread for anyone else who may have the same problem.

Valar.Morghulis

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2018, 04:28:27 pm »
It is possible that there's a problem with your computer, and not fh. I hope not though xD
Here's a page with some problems and solutions, so hopefully you will be able to find an answer there.
https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=2296.msg27175#msg27175
If not, you can always try downloading direct3d9 from this site here 
 http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/120698-13-direct3d-download (I believe that this is the correct site)
I hope that your problem gets fixed soon!     

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2018, 05:03:15 pm »
Hmm. Strange... Right after you crash, check for a file in your main FeralHeart folder called "badfile.reminder". If it's there, open it up in Notepad and read what it says. If it's not there, than we can search for further solutions!

so tell me mon cher, how many people say "no I can't find this badfile.reminder" to whenever you and the staff suggest on finding it.
  If no one is able to find then i suggest on closing the book on that. I asked my friends about this topic and it seems no one is getting it... even if they enforce it.

I really dislike how rude you are sometimes with your snarky comments.

Even if a suggestion fails to fix the situation it is still a relevant suggestion for that issue because maybe in cases similar to this one it has mended the issue before. Hence why the suggestion is made.

Think of it like when you go to the hospital because you have a particular symptom and the doctor runs certain tests on you. Sure the test they are running may not be the one that pin points the final diagnosis but perhaps in prior cases with similar symptoms it did pin point the final diagnosis.

Same goes for here, why out rule a potential fix without knowing if it may or may not work? Staff & other users making suggestions here are simply going down a “possible fix” check list. The suggestion may not always be the right one but the point is people are actively trying to help.

In the future please refrain from making anymore snarky comments because they don’t help at all.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 05:05:52 pm by LordSuragaha »

Offline SenseiRei

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • ❤️ Plz Nuzzle me! I'm super Cuddly ❤️
    • royaldog12
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2018, 08:42:49 pm »
please read that last one i said. ill say it again here

"Last message. when loading the game you would get a window before starting and it should have rendering options. sometimes there is 1 option (commonly OpenGL). be sure while opening the game that you click the icon twice to get 2 of those windows. one should say OpenGL and the other just Direct3D9. "

Offline SenseiRei

• Dedicated Supporter
    • royaldog12
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2018, 08:47:07 pm »
Hmm. Strange... Right after you crash, check for a file in your main FeralHeart folder called "badfile.reminder". If it's there, open it up in Notepad and read what it says. If it's not there, than we can search for further solutions!

so tell me mon cher, how many people say "no I can't find this badfile.reminder" to whenever you and the staff suggest on finding it.
  If no one is able to find then i suggest on closing the book on that. I asked my friends about this topic and it seems no one is getting it... even if they enforce it.

I really dislike how rude you are sometimes with your snarky comments.

Even if a suggestion fails to fix the situation it is still a relevant suggestion for that issue because maybe in cases similar to this one it has mended the issue before. Hence why the suggestion is made.

Think of it like when you go to the hospital because you have a particular symptom and the doctor runs certain tests on you. Sure the test they are running may not be the one that pin points the final diagnosis but perhaps in prior cases with similar symptoms it did pin point the final diagnosis.

Same goes for here, why out rule a potential fix without knowing if it may or may not work? Staff & other users making suggestions here are simply going down a “possible fix” check list. The suggestion may not always be the right one but the point is people are actively trying to help.

In the future please refrain from making anymore snarky comments because they don’t help at all.

Oh don't you go throwing my birth into this situation!
The reason why that kid died was that they went with the same old way that used to work a long time ago! but eventually took suggestion to a process never heard or not knowing if it would work! well guess fluffing what mon cher! problems change to surpass old solutions! and we gotta find and take better solutions!

Offline SenseiRei

• Dedicated Supporter
    • royaldog12
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2018, 08:50:22 pm »
lastly it could be the update of OpenGL and/or Direct3D9 thats on your computer. before 1.15 FH used to run both renders on my mac. now it only runs Direct3D9. and as well due to the Operating System updates which stop rendering programs from updating. so best to go online and configure on downloading an update or fix to your rendering systems. If that doesn't work, then I'm unsure what would work. sorry mon cher