Author Topic: where is the arctic?????  (Read 1019 times)

Offline Dylanfox

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • just a 23 yr old that owns a furry roblox game.
    • /channel/UCD-FpoSZWsZMoA0xoECvAu
    • View Profile
where is the arctic?????
« on: August 04, 2018, 01:24:12 am »
where is a arctic I seen it before in feral heart but where is it??? my oc is winterfur and he is supposed to be in arctic
where is it?
here is my personal oc for the arctic
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/446988233318989825/475115245917044751/unknown.png
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 01:41:07 am by Dylanfox »
just a guy

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
Re: where is the arctic?????
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 01:41:52 am »
There aren't any official artic/snow themed maps anymore - with this patch at least. You could download the old maps that had South Pole, if that's what you're looking for.

Lucius

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 01:48:22 am »
South Pole has been removed in the 1.15 patch. These are the current maps: Bawfle's Quick Map Finding Guide

If you want, you may download the old FH maps from here: FeralHeart Combined (A combination of V1.13 and the current version!) or here: [UPDATED 17/04/2017] ALL of The Original Feral Heart 1.13 Maps Now in 1.15!

And see if you can get to South Pole again.

Offline Dylanfox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2018, 02:02:46 am »
why did it get removed????
just a guy

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2018, 03:24:18 pm »
Quote from: Redlinelies
One of the biggest changes done to the game is the maps and worlds. Not only have we added a lot of new maps but we've also removed the majority of the old ones to get a fresh start, but also for other reasons such as bearing of maps and their directions were very misleading and confusing(you'd head one way and end up another, or go from warm climate to ice), and object groups used for the old official maps causing more clutter than good when cleaning things up. For reasons like those listed, we started fresh and tried to keep as many things in mind as possible such as map sizes, amount of decoration, usage area, directions and whatever might be worth considering when making a map that loads of ferals are going to run around in 24/7 to make it as interesting as possible.

The rest of the update thread can be read here: https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=56609.0

The main reason from what I can see? A way to start anew. The South Pole was a popular hangout, sure, but it was often found to be empty at times as well. Maybe sometime in the future we'll see it readded, hm?
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline Dylanfox

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2018, 05:04:46 pm »
yea bc if there is a arctic id be there all the time bc I have 2 oc's from roblox that are ment for arctic
just a guy

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2018, 08:44:23 pm »
I'll be locking this topic as your question has been answered thoroughly by the helpful users above. c:

A significant reason why it was removed was because it wouldn't fit in with the environment that we have now. The maps are composed in a way that makes more natural sense in the real wildlife-- so you won't find an arctic map a portal away from a tropical one. In the next patch, we're focusing on adding back in the variety of the old maps while still building off the current ones.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.