Author Topic: When people start to notice  (Read 3025 times)

Offline Sayba

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
Re: When people start to notice
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2012, 01:26:12 pm »
YES, someone in cape got so happy to see me they started dancing. I've had a few randoms say hi to me, sit on me... It was a bit freaky but now it's either nice or annoying depending on the 'fan'

Offline -Mink-

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 02:53:03 am »
I feel like I'm somewhat well-known, noticed, and recognized here on FH.  I seem to get mobbed every now and then because of my realistic night and day mod (I can confirm to you that it is VERY popular--420 downloads and counting!), it usually goes like this:

Me: *le sitting in Fluorite*
Random person: ...Mink?  Mura the Mink?  Maker of the night/day mod? 
Me: Yeah, why? 
Random person: Wow!  I never thought I'd meet you! 
Random person (in General): OMFG EVERYBODY MURA THE MINK IS AT NZ! 
Everybody in the map: YAY!  *mobs me* 
Me: Help!  D: 

Since when I'm in Fluorite I'm usually Hohki (from TEC), I generally get rid of them by either stealing their souls or "disappearing in a wisp of smoke".  Or both :D   
Derp

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 04:42:54 pm »
Kids often do this I notice. Seeing someone on forums that is actually in game. But it's nice to see nice people from time to time. But there are those moments where you just get random friend invites from people. Now if you ignore them, then it will sometimes hurt the other user who is greeting you. A simple "Hello" would be ok.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 05:57:24 pm »
I have had alot of random people recognize me in game and my only complaint is that it can be a bit awkward for me when they continue to stand in front of me staring in silence or follow me around in silence once I've greeted them. I don't always know what to say or conversate about with strangers and it's awkward when they expect it.

I am a fairly warm and friendly person but for the most part I don't really like to talk much unless it's a mature discussion or I am with close trusted friends or family. I prefer to sit around in silence most of the time just observing people and learning about them before making any efforts to introduce myself to them or chat. I don't mind the random fuzzlings jumping up on me to sit on me or curl up with me for a little casual chat though. As long as people respect me and don't start buttswinging in my face or on me I am tolerant to the random cuddles. Most people are just trying to be friendly and everyone has their own way of being so. I think it's quite flattering that someone would recognize me from the forum and be so fond of me. Sure there are those days that I can be overwhelmed especially when I am interrupted from RP or talking to a friend but most people here are kids... it's expected behavior from young fuzzlings lol. I doubt someone who is soo happy to meet you has any intentions of coming off as rude, they're just excited to see someone the recognize from the forum. Just be polite and greet them but be firm about telling them that you're in the middle of something but that they are welcomed to stay if they like. It disappoints me when I see others get "fanned" on and they rudely brush them off as if they are "noobs" or ignore them...  not very nice

As for random friend requests... well I don't like to add just anyone unless I really like and trust them but if one of these "fans" adds me depending how well our first meeting goes then I decide whether to keep them on or not. If it's just one of those "Hi!!!I know you from the forum" -then runs away- adds I just accept it until they are offline and then I remove it. Simple as that really...
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 06:13:00 pm by LordSuragaha »

SoulRevenge

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2012, 09:17:34 pm »
Zhis happened with me once~ o3o. Slightly creepy. . every once in awhile I was couched by random people-- nothing very extreme though. Found it rather amusing really xDD. Usually had a rather interesting conversation with them. But it was just the occasional floof that recongnized me from the forum, most likely when I was more active- which was during the summer. I'mmaSummerFloof.