Author Topic: RP preferences. New or normal.  (Read 2881 times)

Offline Killian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Something smart and mysterious.
    • View Profile
Re: RP preferences. New or normal.
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2013, 10:39:02 pm »
Yes, Splatters you're right. They reminded me of the dad in Croods "NEW IS BAAAD AND SCARY!" lol, that sort of thing.

Everyone thinks my character Killian is a wolf, he has massive ears, cat tail, very small and a long body. I just think... Not everyone with the canine model is a wolf...

Offline Tearless

• The strange artist about whom your mother warned you...
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 81
  • Weird Absentee Uncle
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2013, 07:50:26 pm »
As someone whose characters include robots, aliens, jackalopes, and scrub jay/cougar hybrids, I'd love to see something beyond the standard single-species pack/pride/clan groups. It' a bit of a paradoxical problem, though... people who try to make more unusual RPs tend to give up due to lack of interest, and those inclined toward less common character types usually seem to ultimately give up and make a wolf/lion or just sit around on the plains because they can't find RPs. Heck, even at the best of times more creativity means it will be hard to find a group that your particular brand of strange or unusual character will fit into.

I can kind of see why people would have an instant adverse reaction to a slave RP, though. I'm sure it was perfectly harmless, but there ARE a lot of potential negative (and sometimes inappropriate) connotations people might automatically jump to with something like that.

Offline Killian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Something smart and mysterious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2013, 08:36:13 pm »
I think it's fine thinking it's weird and having your own opinion, but saying it in front of all of those people and being really harsh is crossing a line.

I love the sounds of your characters and you're right because I do end up laying about in plains with nothing to do. I always refuse to take part in plain boring standard RP's now, I've been with them too long.