0 (0%)
Laughing At Inappropriate Times
11 (16.2%)
Generally Doing Something Inappropriate At The Wrong Time
8 (11.8%)
Other (Reply)
5 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Bad Habits...  (Read 2697 times)

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
Re: Bad Habits...
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 12:00:27 am »
Oh no. Why'd I enter this thread?
... I have a bundle of habits, mostly from my anxiety and my 'special' meds.
I like to chew my nails, rip hangnails off, chew my fingers, palms.
I like to bite my lip, inside of cheeks, and my tongue. I also play with my mouth(for example if I had a necklace, I wouldn't stop chewing on the chain/string. I've actually gnawed through one of those cheap necklace chains.)
I also crack my knuckles, neck and I stretch my arms and back a lot.
Umm, what else...
I twitch my legs a lot, tap my fingers on things, tap my pencils on things, all things that involve a noise of annoyance.
I like to talk to myself, sometimes it goes overboard and I start arguing with myself... oh well.
I tend to get lost in daydreaming.
Oh, my head hurts now. v.v
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2015, 04:01:56 am »
Oh dear I have several bad habits. Why I have so many, I'm not sure. Anxiety, nervousness, stress, or any other number of things that could result in my habits. I shall list some of em~

1. Nail Biting- It's one of my least favorite habits. As it results in terrible looking fingernails and sometimes it hurts if I tear it on accident.
2. Finger Chewing- I find myself doingb this whenever I'm watching the board in class or on my computer watching videos. It's nothing severe. Usually just chewing on my pointer finger gently. Never results in any tears in the skin.
3. Sleeve Chewing- If I'm ever wearing a hoodie or long-sleeved shirt I often find myself chewing on the sleeves, especially in class.
4. Pulling My Sleeves Down- I often pull my sleeves down to wear you can't see my hands. Not exactly sure why but I do it a lot.
5. Bone Cracking- Like several people before me, I tend to crack my bones a lot. Knuckles, back, shoulders, ankles, even hips. It's a routine thing for me to do right when I wake up, but I also crack my knuckles throughout the day.
6. Laughing In Inappropriate Situations- It's not that I laugh when I'm nervous, I just tend to find certain situations hilarious. I am the absolute worst at keeping a straight face in serious situations. Mostly because of my rather odd sense of humor. And it's not just a little giggle. No no. I'll start heaving until I can't breathe. As you can imagine I must make many friends.
7. Tapping- I tend to tap my fingers, hands, pencils, and pens on things. Usually it's just a random rhythm or the rhythm of the song that's stuck in my head.
8. Chewing- Definitely an annoying one. If I'm wearing a necklace with that small chain I'll definitely chew on that. I also chew on my pens a lot and occasionally my pencils(though not as often).
9. Lip Biting- I tend to do this one when I'm nervous, unsure of something, or when I'm thinking. It's never super hard, or to the point of bleeding. But it's definitely a subconscious thing I do.
10. Hair bands- You can almost always find at least two hair bands on my wrist at all times. Usually two because it takes two to put my hair up properly (since it's so thick). Though I think this habit was formed because I'm in a dancing/singing group and we're told to put our hair up in rehearsals. Plus I'm always ready to put my hair up in case of spontaneous wind a outbreaks.
11. Swinging My Foot- When I'm sitting in a chair I'll often swing only my foot or bottom portion of my leg. It's less of a swinging and more of a kind of mid-air foot tapping or bopping. I'll usually do this when I'm listening to music or there's music in the room.
12. Talking/Murmuring To Myself- I'll often do this when I'm doing math or any type of homework really. I also murmmur lyrics to myself occassionally. When I'm in a more private environment I'll even have little arguments with myself during thought.

Wow. Looking back on this I have a lot more than I thought. This is only a few too. Hurhr well I guess that goes to show how strange/human I am.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 04:06:17 am by Vask »

DreamerDay

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2015, 01:16:38 am »
? Biting my Nails

? Always stalking person profile once I got a chance to talk to them

?Always being angry for no reason

?Being there for others, when I know for a fact they won't be there for me.

?Never doing my hw once reaching home.

?Watching the same videos over and over again

?Not being active

Offline CrookednBusted

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2015, 11:37:54 pm »
  • Excoriation Disorder- Its a impulsive control disorder in a form of skin picking. It was mighty severe when I was younger. Any sort of imperfection such as when my skin would flake off the dead skin to reveal the new layer, I would rip it off. Or as simple as a pimple I would pick, it has resulted in mass discoloration and spotty skin. But now have mange the habits rather well, and have reversed a lot of the damage I have caused.
  • Knuckle/joint popping-  From time to time, I would pop my knuckles, even my knees when I feel a unbearable need to pop them.
  • bouncing my leg- This usually only happens when I'm sitting down, either when I'm at a restaurant, a convention sitting at a panel or apart of a panel. Even As I type this, my leg is bouncing. Any form of periodic sitting makes me restless and wanting to bounce around like a ball of energy. Never a form of anxiety, I just hate sitting. Normally if I'm nervous I will remain dead still.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 11:45:58 pm by Dngerboom »

He just up and left.?

Offline wolflover18178

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 18
  • Flower crowns make everyone happier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2015, 11:41:43 pm »
Ohyes.

-Cracking my toes o.o
-Biting my nails
-Biting my lips
-Biting my hair
-Biting my JB bracelets...
-Biting my hands..

I have a lot more biting habits..lol

Master_callos

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 11:52:12 pm »

6. Laughing In Inappropriate Situations- It's not that I laugh when I'm nervous, I just tend to find certain situations hilarious. I am the absolute worst at keeping a straight face in serious situations. Mostly because of my rather odd sense of humor. And it's not just a little giggle. No no. I'll start heaving until I can't breathe. As you can imagine I must make many friends.
I do the exact same thing, i'll suddenly burst into a laughing fit. Even the smallest thing can set me off and it always seems to happen when it shouldn't haha

I've had it happen in job interviews that, spoiler alert: I didn't get. :P