Author Topic: Over-authorative players  (Read 5126 times)

Offline xXQueenXx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Sippin tea
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
Re: Over-authorative players
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2015, 08:23:40 am »
It bothers me the most when a RP begins to dictate your character's appearance.
I mean, I understand when they have different requirements to keep their RP "realistic" but it goes so far until it becomes too specific
and they ask you to change your markings, colours, height etc. (Assuming your not a neon colour, it's pretty annoying.)
Especially when they personally ask if you'd like to join,
Like, if I wanted you to give me guidelines on my character's design I would have asked you.
It's the same thing with RP samples, why ask me for one when you singled me out and asked me to join?
If you chose me you obviously thought I looked realistic, right?  But I suppose you just need to check if i'm "literate" enough. Basically, all i'm saying is that the "staff" of RP groups really need to understand that they're not the boss of everyone, just their RP, which is allowed to be left if someone chooses.
Well that's just my opinion after a long all nighter from doing work. xD
Feel free to quote me if you think otherwise.

Offline Owly

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • Kryvul
    • View Profile
Re: Over-authorative players
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2015, 03:25:05 am »
It bothers me the most when a RP begins to dictate your character's appearance.
I mean, I understand when they have different requirements to keep their RP "realistic" but it goes so far until it becomes too specific
and they ask you to change your markings, colours, height etc. (Assuming your not a neon colour, it's pretty annoying.)
Especially when they personally ask if you'd like to join,
Like, if I wanted you to give me guidelines on my character's design I would have asked you.
It's the same thing with RP samples, why ask me for one when you singled me out and asked me to join?
If you chose me you obviously thought I looked realistic, right?  But I suppose you just need to check if i'm "literate" enough. Basically, all i'm saying is that the "staff" of RP groups really need to understand that they're not the boss of everyone, just their RP, which is allowed to be left if someone chooses.
Well that's just my opinion after a long all nighter from doing work. xD
Feel free to quote me if you think otherwise.

First bold statement: Okay, some role plays do have requirements. I, being one of these groups, do have a set requirement for height in my role play. Why? Because we are the only ones in said role play [being cats yes] and there are no other creatures rping with us. Therefore, we go on a range of kit to adult heights, using a lot of the height scale as our requirement. Some people also view realism differently than you may, and may ask you to grow if you're too small, or shrink if you're too big. Same with changing colors, that's really up in the air, but I'm almost certain there's a logical explanation.

Second bold statement: Role play samples are pretty much a safety barrier to ensure their role play goes smoothly. A lot of the times, people who may not be right for a certain group can pretty much show it by how they type or what they type. Content can also be a big factor to be sure that they're not some godmodder/powerplayer or even unrealistic according to their species [EX: Lion catching an elephant, or a full buffalo by themselves]. Another thing is really why fuss? I mean it's just the leader you're posting to. Better them see if you're appropriate for the group now than get humiliated with all the other members later.

Third bold statement: They're not the boss of everyone, they're making sure that everyone in their role play has an equal ground. So that some aren't getting annoyed at how a character looks, posts, or acts. And that everyone is pretty much on the same, if not near the same, posting level.

However, the topic at hand. Yeah that's not right of the staff to be that unfair. I'm glad to see you left, and really, why would they care unless they were upset you left right?
The whispering act they did only further makes me believe so.

I'm not one for joining role plays much, I do tend to lead them, and I have to admit, leading is hard. Leaders cannot please everyone, and most of the time they have to go for the majority over one person. But it also reflects the leader if they handle things poorly as well.
In the end, I'm just glad to hear you found a role play worth staying with.