Author Topic: Can't find Steam  (Read 1264 times)

Offline shadowdash

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Can't find Steam
« on: October 02, 2015, 05:13:48 am »
Having some major issues finding the WaterFallSmoke File. Well, I found it, and went to particle maker(Objects maker) and entered in WaterFallSmoke, but it says it is not found. Has anyone else had this issue? I really need the file for a map I'm making.

Offline HollowWolf

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
    • View Profile
Re: Can't find Steam
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 07:17:31 am »
I have two threads to help you with your issue, one just in case you've missed a step, and the other with the watersmoke particle issue.

Well once you have downloaded the particles, place the material, texture and particle file into LocalDisk (C:)\FeralHeart\Media\Particles then Open up FeralHeart. Once FeralHeart is opened go into Object maker and then you should see a button that says 'effect maker', like this:

Once you've entered Effect Maker, you need to type in the PARTICLE file into 'Particle  Template'. As you can see, I typed in 'Swarm' because that is the Particle name of the particle file I downloaded. Then click 'Add New' to add the particle into the effect maker.

After that, go to 'Billboard' and click Object maker. But don't worry, your particle will still be there!

Once you're back in Object Maker, name your particle and place it into IT'S OWN group then export it and re launch FeralHeart and test it in your map! :3

There should be a file called water.particle in your Particles folder. You should read this tutorial: http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=17179.0

The water smoke particle should be typed into EffectMaker as WaterfallSmoke and water splash is WaterSplash. Just remember that is case sensitive ;)

I hope these work for you, if not then don't be afraid to tell us, we're happy to help! c:
Side account for Sigyn