Author Topic: the problems of being a game dev  (Read 2986 times)

Offline Skullfrost

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • @x_skulleh
    • View Profile
Re: the problems of being a game dev
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2016, 02:05:26 am »
at this point, I wouldn't want to do that- it just seems a bit unfair to suddenly take the project and make it private at this point, when there's a bunch of people who still follow the progress and there are still a lot of people who are pretty supportive about it. I mean, it's been public for three years now- why take that away now?

plus there's the fact that if I took MR and made it private, the people who sit there and harrass me over "THE GAME WILL NEVER COME OUT, UR NOT GONNA FINISH IT, BLAH BLAH BLAH" will begin to assume it was just halted and will probably get worse. :/

as much as the "when is the game coming out" thing is annoying, I still wouldn't want to just take the progress away from the users who aren't annoying about it.

Offline Alphabet

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
    • View Profile
Re: the problems of being a game dev
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2016, 05:52:11 am »
at this point, I wouldn't want to do that- it just seems a bit unfair to suddenly take the project and make it private at this point, when there's a bunch of people who still follow the progress and there are still a lot of people who are pretty supportive about it. I mean, it's been public for three years now- why take that away now?

plus there's the fact that if I took MR and made it private, the people who sit there and harrass me over "THE GAME WILL NEVER COME OUT, UR NOT GONNA FINISH IT, BLAH BLAH BLAH" will begin to assume it was just halted and will probably get worse. :/

As I said, don't let the public dictate important choices, if you need to make one. This your game, not theirs. Realize that you DO have control. You can make whatever choice you want. Nobody but you has entitlement to something you started and own.

As for the harassment, as intimidating as people like that can be, what power do they really have? They can say what they want. Just prove them wrong in the end and they will be silenced by the sheer fact that you finished your game.

as much as the "when is the game coming out" thing is annoying, I still wouldn't want to just take the progress away from the users who aren't annoying about it.

save your public development thread if you'd like but only allow members to see it.