Author Topic: questions about the game!  (Read 1134 times)

Offline kibbun

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • wait, what?
    • deviantart.com/krazybunni
    • View Profile
questions about the game!
« on: December 19, 2017, 10:44:52 pm »
hey there!
as i'm sort of new to this game, there's still so much i have no idea about. these are just some general questions i have about the game! if anybody could answer them, i'd appreciate it a ton!!
1. how the heck do maps work? are they singleplayer or multiplayer? how do you get them and how do other people get in there with you?
2. how do i stop seeing everybody as a completely white character? (or as i call them, "marshmallows") is there a fix to this?
3. is there a way to scroll with your mouse wheel when choosing an item to wear/other times you scroll in the character creation menu? scrolling with clicking the slider bar is too fast and it's hard to find what you're looking for.
hope these can be answered ;w;
have a great day, everyone!!

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Re: questions about the game!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 11:04:34 pm »
1. If you're talking about in-game maps, they're already there and you just go wherever you want. If you're talking about member made maps, when you make them in map maker, you export them and then have other people download the files to be able to access them.
2. You download extra markings. The most popular markings pack is the Legendary Items that can be downloaded here. There are instructions on how to install them. There are also extra items you can download here.
3. No there is not, but you can just click on the side bar and it will scroll down the list slower.

Hope these help you out! ^^

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 11:08:16 pm »
Hey, I'll try my best to answer these questions in hopes to help you! Pretty much just going over what Azura mentioned but in a bit more detail?

1. There are public maps and private maps - the public maps being the ones that are apart of the main FH game, such as Lonely Cave, The Grounds, Eastern Pass, etc. The private maps you and every other player can make and optionally put up for download either for role play reasons or just for a hangout map for other users to use.
To download maps, it's quite simple, though can be challenging for most.
Most maps come in .zip or .rar forms, so if your computer can't automatically open these files by default, you'll need something like WinRAR or 7Zip
Once you open the .zip a lot of times there are previously made instructions that the map creator has put in the download, but if there isn't;
.fho files go in FeralHeart > exports
.fhs files go in FeralHeart > media > sky
There may be terrains that you need to put into your game, these will go in FeralHeart > media > terrains > textures
If you successfully install a map then you can move your character to Cape of Distant Worlds, a portal within Lonely Cave. (It's the big globe.)

2. People that you see as completely white, or, marshmallows, as you call them, are using a marking pack that you do not have. The one I recommend to get is here
Everything but the .cgf goes in FeralHeart > media > textures > markings
the .cgf goes in your MAIN FH FOLDER. When asked to replace hit yes.

3. No, I do not believe there is a way to do this, unfortunately, though it would be a great help for seeing all of the markings and items.

I really hope these help!!

in-game: hooli

Offline Michen_S

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • michensneeuwhart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 12:02:14 am »
I see hooligans already helped you out here. Still, there are a few things I'd like to add just in case.

1. Side note: with the default textures the portals to private maps in The Cape of Distant Worlds are transparant. I'd recommend checking this thread to fix that if you run into that problem.

2. Funny, marshmallows is actually the semi-official name we gave to characters that look like that! You're figuring out our lingo already!
Jokes aside, I would like to add that many people also use the Legendary Items pack, but not having it will not affect the number of 'marshmellows' you see. Regardless, you do still need the pack if you wish to see the items from that pack people are using. You can get it here if you want to. All items just go in FeralHeart > media > items, and replace the items.cfg file in the main FeralHeart folder!

If you run into something anywhere, let us know and we'll be happy to see what we can do, okay? See you around!