Author Topic: Terrains in maps (has a few pics)  (Read 2298 times)

Offline Kyra

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Terrains in maps (has a few pics)
« on: August 01, 2011, 03:38:17 am »
I was making a map in the map maker and noticed when I went to put the terrains in that I can only see one terrain on all of my maps.  I see the list of the terrains but I can not change them.  I put the heightmap and the RGB file on my boyfriend's computer and it works just fine, so I know it's right.  I tried to uninstall the game, deleted everything, and reinstalled it and still the same problem.  I have updated my video card and still have the same issue.  Is anyone else having the problem?

Driver is NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX 440 with AGP8X Version 6.14610.9371 (I don't know anything about them..just wrote down what it said)

Here's the startup pic...

Bonfire Island

Ficho Tunnel

My map

and here's what my map should look like..(he doesn't have the rocks and all on his computer but this pic is in the same area on my pic as well as Kow's)

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
Re: Terrains in maps (has a few pics)
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 03:52:59 am »
Go in-game and try this:
Options
Video
Rendering Subsystem
And then switch it to whichever one isn't selected.
Restart the game, and see if it worked.

Offline Kyra

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 05:12:07 pm »
I use OpenGL.  The other one causes the colors of the characters to not be displayed correctly.  I don't know how to describe it other than I can not see the body colors, the tail is all the same color as the tail tip and the body is the color of the belly on most characters.  It's odd.  Does nothing for the terrains though. I have them all in the folder but they just don't show up.

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 08:25:36 pm »
Have you updated the display drivers? (I saw you said you updated the video ones, but I don't know if that's the same.)

Offline Kyra

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 04:37:00 am »
No clue..Kow said my monitor is ancient...we'll look into that. Thanks, Ruby!

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 07:14:32 am »
The monitor never ever changes the content inside the game lol. It's just how well it shows it as a picture.

I think it's the game itself that's messed up since it shows all the colours correctly and no signs of graphical glitches.

Save your files such as maps, objects and presets.

Go in the control panel and remove the game, then remove the folders.

Reinstall the game, and then it should work.

I'm rather certain you moved around the filed or renamed the textures, this causing it to load the same ground text everywhere.

If that doesn't work, uninstall it again and make sure you remove EVERYTHING.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Kyra

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 04:05:30 pm »
I actually did that, Red.  I uninstalled the game and didn't save anything from it but my heightmap and the RGB pic.  I reinstalled it and still the same issue.

EDIT:
ok, Red...I changed the Terrain.material to say green_grass.jpg instead of african_grass.jpg and it shows up now as green grass..but it does nothing for anything except now I see the pretty green grass instead of the african grass (sry, Kov) lol

Is there a file that shows all of the terrains or something that maybe I'm missing? I unistalled/deleted everything just like you suggested and I still have the same issue.  

In the terrain/textures folder there is a .cfg (defaulttex.cfg) file that lists all the terrains and I see them each as jpgs there in that folder as well.  
Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 04:54:52 pm by Kyra »

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 05:05:17 pm »
If you uninstalled properly and deleted the WHOLE FeralHeart folder, this problem should be fixed. Make sure you delete EVERYTHING that has to do with FH. Try re-downloading and re-installing. If the normal download doesn't work, use the torrent, or vice versa.

Offline Kyra

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 05:37:29 pm »
I just uninstalled and deleted everything, like Red suggested and still the same issue.

EDIT:I tried the torrent at one point and it wouldn't work.  I can't remember why but I will try it again real fast and see what I get.

EDIT2:The torrent..I don't know what to open it with.  It says feralheartsetup.exe.torrent and gives me the option to open with some program...but I'm dumb in this and don't know what to use....

EDIT3:Kow suggested we look into getting a new video card for my computer.  He had this one in his computer, and looking back at screenshots he took..we believe it wasn't right on his computer either.  I'll try that, at some point.  Thanks for the help guys :D
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 05:48:07 pm by Kyra »