Author Topic: Weather Cycles Not Agreeing  (Read 2631 times)

echosound

Weather Cycles Not Agreeing
« on: August 01, 2011, 11:52:53 pm »
I have a weather cycle all planned out for a map I'm making, but every time I try to add to my map, I get a pop-up that says it can't find the file. Do I have put it some where before I can add it like the height map and the terrain map?

Just to add on, I have the Mac version, so if this is just not available Mac, I understand.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
Re: Weather Cycles Not Agreeing
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 11:57:42 pm »
  have you saved the Weather cycle first? I know it seems obvious but some people miss those kind of steps. And make sure you spell everything correctly. I'm also very certain you don't need to add .fhw or whatever the end file thing is called. And if nothing happens, and you don't see the weather, it means it worked XD

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

echosound

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 12:02:50 am »
Yes, I saved it.

I spelled it right, I'm sure. I had Finder right behind the Feral Heart window to make sure. I even typed in all the other weather files on my computer and I got the same pop-up each time "______ file cannot be found."

I've run around the map several times online, for long enough periods that it should be running, and the weather cycle still won't work.

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 12:35:24 am »
There are a few glitches with the weather cycle files... but I'm not sure if this is one of them. My suggestion would be going through the other help threads and trying to find a problem similar to yours that has been solved. Best of luck fixing your problem. :/

echosound

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 12:41:17 am »
I searched for similar topics before I posted this and I couldn't find anything. I don't have the best eye though, so I might have missed it XD

But all the things I did see were just asking how to add it. I know how create and add it, it just won't let me.

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 12:47:35 am »
Has it ever worked? If not, this may just be an issue with the type of computer you have. FH wasn't designed to work on Mac computers.

echosound

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 12:57:58 am »
No, this was my first map and everything else had worked fine.

I know it doesn't work with Macs, which is a real pity. I very much enjoy this game and I wish I could play it to its maximum level.

Oh, well, even if I can't add the weather cycle, I think the map looks great. Thanks for the help anyways. I can try to fix it if I get a PC.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 01:38:27 am »
  You didn't reply to the other thing that I said, about the fhw at the end (I don't know what it is, it used to be .weather I think, but it might have changed) Have you been writing example.weather/fhw or just 'example'

echosound

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 01:40:09 am »
I've tried it both ways.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 01:43:28 am »
hmm... Well, I don't know what your issue would be then. Sorry if I sounded pushy, I just wanted to make sure you had done everything I could think of, instead of missing something obvious XD