Author Topic: Couple sky/weather questions for custom maps  (Read 3148 times)

Offline Cheetos

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
Couple sky/weather questions for custom maps
« on: August 02, 2011, 01:19:42 am »
And one terrain mask question.

1- How do I get a custom sky into a map? I've been trying to figure it out and I just... can't. TT; I am silly sometimes, it's probably ridiculously easy! Same thing with weather.

2- While playing with sky maker, I noticed that you can change the material for the moon... I assume this can be used to give the moon a phase, and not just have it full all the time? Is it possible - at all - to change the material to make it appear as if there are -two- moons? I would kill to have two moons on my demon map!

3- Duel terrain masks. How does one get a duel terrain mask to work? I've tried all sorts of combinations and I haven't been able to figure it out. Or is it still glitching so it won't work at all? Transparency. That's the key. Thanks Ruby!

And that's all I can figure out. Thanks for helping me out, I look forward to your aid!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 04:01:16 pm by Pocketwatch »

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
Re: Couple sky/weather questions for custom maps
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 01:49:20 am »
Unfortunately I am only able to answer the first question, as I am not a map maker myself. XD To make a custom sky, open up sky maker and play around with the settings. You can add that to your map by using the sky file once you've saved it. The sky file will export with your map when you're done. Good luck getting answers to your other questions, sorry I couldn't be of more assistance!

Offline Cheetos

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 02:02:07 am »
See, I've tried that but it doesn't seem to work... When I save/export the sky file {am i -supposed- to export it?} it says it's put in the exports folder, but it isn't attached to the map files...

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 02:06:45 am »
You'd export the sky file, and when making your map, in the "sky file" box in the "world" tab, you'd type in the name of your sky file that you exported.

Offline Cheetos

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 02:45:11 am »
And then it says that it can't find it. I'll try it again, and get back to you. Do I need to move the sky file to something else?

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 02:55:38 am »
I'm not exactly sure about that one. :/ You might find a tutorial here: http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&board=85.0

Offline barrettm82

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • I've lost my marbles, Have you seen them?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 03:41:39 am »
Ok, Think I can help with Question 3.  

First you need to make 2 terrain mask file (ex.  MapMask1.png and MapMask2.png )

Enter the Name of the first mask in the appropriate box  (MapMask1.png) and select you first 3 terrain textures.  When you select texture 4 the box where you enter the mask name will go blank.  This is where you enter the name of the second mask (MapMask2.png) and now you can select you next three textures, or as many as you put in the second mask.

Note:
Feralheart is case sensitive so type the name exactly (MapMask1.png will work but mapmask1.png or mapMask1.png might not).
When the path ends, keep going forward and make a new trail.

Offline Cheetos

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 04:59:40 am »
mapmask2. or map2mask? I thought you had to keep 'mask' at the end of the file name?

Offline barrettm82

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • I've lost my marbles, Have you seen them?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 07:57:45 am »
You can name them what you want.  I have terrain masks named like both examples that you gave. (map2mask.png and mapmask2.png).  I just keep the "mask" in the name to limit confusion.
When the path ends, keep going forward and make a new trail.

Offline Cheetos

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 03:33:57 pm »
-that- I did not know.
However, I've done that and the textures don't seem to line up and they glow... Have you had this problem?