Author Topic: Server issues?  (Read 3931 times)

Paltala

Re: Server issues?
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 12:19:39 pm »
I think I found the solution, make sure your firewall has an exception for Feral Heart, if you don't know how to do so, here are the instructions for a Windows based Operating system (These are exact(to my memory) for windows 7, similar for vista and XP)
Start menu > control panel > windows firewall > add new program > check Feral Heart > ok

NOTE: Not confirmed on my end but it's way too conincidental to not mean something.

EDIT: FIVE attempts to post this...

Offline Tubetrain

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 04:24:22 pm »
I think I found the solution, make sure your firewall has an exception for Feral Heart, if you don't know how to do so, here are the instructions for a Windows based Operating system (These are exact(to my memory) for windows 7, similar for vista and XP)
Start menu > control panel > windows firewall > add new program > check Feral Heart > ok

NOTE: Not confirmed on my end but it's way too conincidental to not mean something.

I'm in the Cape right now but firewall always allowed FH

EDIT: ... and now, I'm not in the Cape. That... didn't last long.
EDIT: and now I am. its on and off
EDIT: on and of on everything
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 05:07:45 pm by Tubetrain »
If I'm using this site it is because I cannot get to the server, I would not use it if I could get to the server as I find this site too animal themed Probably the only FH member who hates wolf cartoons and isn't obsessed with animals.

Paltala

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2011, 07:30:22 pm »
Ok, I don't think it makes it work every time but it definately improves it, I have a better connection to no-connection ratio now...

Offline Shivu

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Arooo~ Shivu the Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2011, 08:11:02 pm »
Yeah, moi plus, 'cept my problem seems to be "Cannot Connect to FRONT Server" not main, ce n'est a BIG problem ><
It's annoying me, and worst of all, I don't know how to fix it >8( Feral Heart, TE REPRENDE EN MAIN!!!
This is getting to me, I was starting an all-species RP, just made a group, left my orginal best group to do it, then CELA ARRIVE! Anyway, I had a pending member and now can't get on.
Je suis desole, I don't know how to fix this problem...
Arooo~ Shivu the Wolf

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2011, 08:38:00 pm »
Tonight has been the worst night of connection for me ever.

Every time I log on, I am on for at most a minute (but it's usually about twenty seconds) and it says I am being disconnected. So, I keep logging on and then it logs be off, and I usually get something saying that there is an error with FeralHeart (no, really?).

This needs to be fixed otherwise I just cannot play it, it literally is something that I cannot fix.

ShatteredDemise

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2011, 10:47:04 pm »

Okay, one I can't do that because I have a different software, two, I think firewall has accepted it, because this happened to me maybe half a week after I started, so I was able to play before this happened to me.....x.x

Paltala

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2011, 11:37:48 am »

Okay, one I can't do that because I have a different software, two, I think firewall has accepted it, because this happened to me maybe half a week after I started, so I was able to play before this happened to me.....x.x
Are you using a Mac based OS or Linux? If so, it should just be the equivalent for those OS'

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2011, 02:27:54 pm »
Thankfully, my problems that I had yesterday seems to have died down.

*~*~ Edit ~*~*

I was wrong, they're still just as bad.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 05:08:53 pm by Zarago »

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2011, 05:30:53 pm »
I'm not sure if it's something to completely blame on the servers though.

I know that there's been some problems with a few of the maps the last couple of days. "Failed to connect to map server" and characters getting stuck in various maps. But the server already had a restart 2 times and those were fixed rather quickly.

So unless this is an issue that started this morning, the "reset nao pl00x" Doesn't work cause it's already been restarted.

I myself has been able to play FH for the last couple of days just fine if you count away the few times the map server derrped.

One thing I do've noticed though, is that the servers online users seems to have gone up the last couple days as well, though I can be wrong.

I'm not sure exactly what's causing connection problems for some. But if the server works all fine for some, why wouldn't it do the same for the other half, unless it's an issue laying on their side?

If this problem stays we'd most likely have to look into it though.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2011, 07:37:16 pm »
I'm not sure if it's something to completely blame on the servers though.

I know that there's been some problems with a few of the maps the last couple of days. "Failed to connect to map server" and characters getting stuck in various maps. But the server already had a restart 2 times and those were fixed rather quickly.

So unless this is an issue that started this morning, the "reset nao pl00x" Doesn't work cause it's already been restarted.

I myself has been able to play FH for the last couple of days just fine if you count away the few times the map server derrped.

One thing I do've noticed though, is that the servers online users seems to have gone up the last couple days as well, though I can be wrong.

I'm not sure exactly what's causing connection problems for some. But if the server works all fine for some, why wouldn't it do the same for the other half, unless it's an issue laying on their side?

If this problem stays we'd most likely have to look into it though.

I was wondering if it's my computer but I don't think so, nothing else has gone wrong with it, it just slowly started losing connection every minute making it not play-able for me.

My second main character is also stuck in the portal between the Ashlands and Pathway. He has been there for about one or two months now.