Author Topic: Connective issues.  (Read 2659 times)

Offline Hellcat

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • The Overlord.
    • View Profile
Connective issues.
« on: August 14, 2011, 06:01:18 pm »
hey and first thanks for taking some time to read this.

my problem is simply, sometimes out of nowhere my feral heart loses connection, all my other connections are fine (I can run youtube etc) but it wont let me login on feral heart and cant connect too this site, I tried running a connection fix thingy (sorry my comp is dutch so yeah its called different) and it says roughly translated ''no connection issues detected, connection is working feral-heart host not responding'' then after a while it works again normally 5 min but today it took an hour.

I love helping people! XD ask me and I'll do my best to aid you! your happiness is all the rewards I'll ever need! xD (cheesy, but true)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Connective issues.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 05:30:34 pm »
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Hellcat

• Curious Wanderer
  • The Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 07:54:50 pm »
thanks Red, but I've already read through that, and sadly nothing helped :(

I love helping people! XD ask me and I'll do my best to aid you! your happiness is all the rewards I'll ever need! xD (cheesy, but true)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 08:26:11 pm »
Just exactly how often do you get these timeouts when playing? And not because it will help much but

www.speedtest.net

What's your result there? Pick a server in the UK. Are you by any chance on a wireless network?

Offline Hellcat

• Curious Wanderer
  • The Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 12:49:50 am »
they just seem too happen from time too time, like, today I had no issues, but it happened 3 times yesterday, and I got around 8M download on that speed test and 1M upload. and nope, Im on a wired network, wireless does not work in my house(it gives me 1 bar of speed max)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 12:51:51 am by Brian »

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 12:59:49 am »
In theory your connection should work just fine to play FeralHeart so I do understand if this issue might get annoying.

My tiny knowledge stops here though.

Everyone can get these timeouts and connection problems though, even myself. However, they're usually just temporary and I'm most of the time just able to join the next time I reconnect minutes after.

3 times doesn't sound too bad if it was in the matter of a day. But it does sound worse if it was in the matter of half an hour or less.

FeralHeart can be a crowded place and most probably get connection issues at some point.

I think there might be more users having the same problem as you. Though as long as you've done all the things mentioned in the thread, and you know your connection works fine. You should be able to connect again shortly after these timeouts.

If we should go with a really long run here there might be something like your internet provider is having some difficulties with their network over to the UK. Had such problems myself, and it could take months until the problem were fixed, having high latencies all the way.

Maybe there's a solution for your problem here. But I'm short on experience.

Have you tried plugin in the ethernet cable into another port on the modem if you have? And use that one instead. not because I think it would help but worth a shot lol.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 01:01:59 am by Red »

Offline Hellcat

• Curious Wanderer
  • The Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 01:27:21 am »
my internet provider does like too mess around sometimes, so that could be it. and I can try that. thanks for your time Red lets hope its just a temp issue :3

Offline YaGirlShayy

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 01:45:55 pm »
Hey i hope you can help me :)

okay well you see FH was working for me before till i downloaded the lasest patch and now it will not let me on?

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 04:59:42 pm »
You can always create your own thread for things like these shaleaha.

Also if you could describe in which way it doesn't work more than it's not letting you on it would be nice.