Author Topic: Game Sounds and object sound help. And a few other questions.  (Read 2295 times)

Offline Cheetos

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
Game Sounds and object sound help. And a few other questions.
« on: August 15, 2011, 09:04:24 pm »
1- I have a music-making friend of mine and he's offered to make some music for my maps. What file type should I tell him he needs to save it in? Also, does anyone know how long the day and night is? I'd love to have the music cycle between day and night sounds.

2- How do I make an object have sound, exactly. I want waterfall noises, bird chirping to put in trees, maybe even some hyena cackling to attached to an object to put it in a outlander section.

3- How does one change the color of the crystal glow? Is there an ultra-detailed walkthrough of how to make the effects maker work? I haven't figured it out... Maybe someone could walk us all through making Hammy's bee-hive work if there isn't one in the forums that I've just missed?

4- Is there a walkthrough of how to link maps together? And is it possible to have the maps all linked together /without/ there being an extra portal on the cape? like how Red has The Grounds, and then from there you can go other places?

Offline Kingslay

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 26
  • The Map-Maker ~
    • View Profile
Re: Game Sounds and object sound help. And a few other questions.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 09:16:54 pm »
Sorry, I dont know the answer to 1-3 but i do know the beginning of 4. First you go to one of the maps you want to be linked and find 'Gate' Type the name of the other map you want to be linked, bring up another feralheart witht he second map and look at the bottom there should be numbers. hold your cursor over the place you want the portal to be and write down the numbers, go to the other map and type in the numbers under gate (One or two numbers might not fit in, dont worry about that) and then do the same for the other map. c: Hope this helps

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 09:20:29 pm »
Just use yourself of gates for no.4

Just make a map in the map maker, but never check the box "has portal" for it. Instead, make gates that leads to the map, and gates inside of the map that leads out of it as well.

As long as you know how 1 gate works, the ones inside the map without a portal in cape works the same. Just place one, put a valid map name in, and the choose the coordinates you wish the portal to place you in the other map.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline WelcomeToMyWorld

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • I'm haunted. <|3
    • View Profile
    • VampireFreaks
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 09:33:22 pm »
1-The game supports .mp3 and .wav files
2- Just open up the object and type the name of the sound you want attached to it in the "Sound" box. Example, SoundName.mp3
3-If you have Photoshop or Gimp, just open the glow texture file and change the hue and saturation to get the color you want, then replace the original glow file with the one you just made. Then, if you named it something different, change the name in the crystal material file (Media>Materials>crystal)
Message me if you still need help C:
? - - - - - - - - - - - - ?
stitch . me . back . up .

-Not all those who wander are lost.-
 "If you make your life interesting and follow your dreams you don't need false happiness and love in the form of drugs." -Andy Sixx <3

Offline Emberflame

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 27
    • WatcherMagic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 09:36:35 pm »

4- Is there a walkthrough of how to link maps together? And is it possible to have the maps all linked together /without/ there being an extra portal on the cape? like how Red has The Grounds, and then from there you can go other places?

go to the objects section of map maker, and type in the location and map name the same way you type the first portal in Gates. the click "add gate" and there you are.

Offline ringoluver

• Delay's Nop.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 227
    • ringoluver
    • lavenderdaze
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 09:36:44 pm »
1. It should be a mp3
2. In object maker, load up the object and there's a 'sound' tab. Put the name of the file (it need to be in the sounds folder) in there, including the .mp3 extension.
3. That I don't know.
4. Red and Alice explained it nicely ^^

LOL Ninja'd by Andee

Signature Art by Bawfle, Icon Art by Edolicious

Offline WelcomeToMyWorld

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • I'm haunted. <|3
    • View Profile
    • VampireFreaks
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 09:43:04 pm »
^Haha I'm so proud of myself for learning all this in a day. >:3 NINJA SKILLZ.
? - - - - - - - - - - - - ?
stitch . me . back . up .

-Not all those who wander are lost.-
 "If you make your life interesting and follow your dreams you don't need false happiness and love in the form of drugs." -Andy Sixx <3