Author Topic: Weird wall appears on my map!  (Read 1611 times)

Asheyx

Weird wall appears on my map!
« on: August 17, 2011, 11:15:00 am »
Okay, so I finished my height map and loaded it in Map Maker. But then there was a weird wall that I didn't put in there. I made sure I completely overcolored my height map so there aren't any white spots that could be that wall.
Also, I'm not really sure how I should describe them, so here are some screenies:

(It seems like it's getting the colors of the sky and goes higher.)

(Under water.)

Sometimes they also turn into some kind of spikes, but not very often (Sorry, no screenie).
If I make the map larger, the wall stays at the same point, so it can't be the height map.
I made maps before, and the wall didn't appear there. But since a few days it appears on any map I make.
Anyone know how to fix it?

Offline WelcomeToMyWorld

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • I'm haunted. <|3
    • View Profile
    • VampireFreaks
Re: Weird wall appears on my map!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 02:41:29 pm »
That's odd. O: I'm not sure what could be causing that. I think the only thing you can do is try re-installing the game.
? - - - - - - - - - - - - ?
stitch . me . back . up .

-Not all those who wander are lost.-
 "If you make your life interesting and follow your dreams you don't need false happiness and love in the form of drugs." -Andy Sixx <3

Asheyx

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 03:22:11 pm »
I already tried that, but it didn't fix anything.

Offline WelcomeToMyWorld

• Experienced Traveler
  • I'm haunted. <|3
    • View Profile
    • VampireFreaks
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 03:25:49 pm »
Hmmm...I'm lost. Try contacting one of the site owners and see if they can help you out. C:

"If you make your life interesting and follow your dreams you don't need false happiness and love in the form of drugs." -Andy Sixx <3

Asheyx

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 03:29:50 pm »
Mhmm, I should probably do that. But thanks anyway :3

Offline WelcomeToMyWorld

• Experienced Traveler
  • I'm haunted. <|3
    • View Profile
    • VampireFreaks
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 03:36:38 pm »
No problem! :3

Offline Hamilton

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 102
  • Stand your ground.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 03:57:00 pm »
Does your program have a crop tool? If so, try using that. There may be some colors hiding just outside the canvas area. Crop will delete anything outside it's selected area. Just make the select area the whole canvas and anything outside will be cleaned up.

If not, you can use the square select tool to just outline the canvas, copy it, and paste to a new layer/image. Then delete the lower layer/older image. (or, if you can, once it's selected use the 'invert selection' tool to reverse the selection. then hit delete/cut to remove the unwanted data.)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 03:57:26 pm »
Unless this is a new discovered bug in the game, it all should be the heightmap itself if we were going to think the simple way.

These walls, go up on one side aye?

I'm just thinking that the brush or whatever you used when making it didn't get the last pixels on the side of the image, just making a wall there. Maybe use a zoomy zoomy tool and look if there's any bright corners. If there isn't any, they heightmap picture is the same pixel size on both width and height yar?

I've never bumped into this myself.

If you keep having problems, simply create a new map, import the watermill heightmap to that new map.

If the new map get these same walls as you're having now, even though you imported the watermill one without changing anything, it's the game.

If you import the watermill heightmap to a new map, and the wall is gone, it's most likely something you did when making them.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Asheyx

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 04:10:41 pm »
Whoa, there really was a tiny white thing that I couldn't see o0
I could fix it now, thanks to both of you! o3o