Author Topic: Need help about map maker and object maker  (Read 1550 times)

Offline Godzilla

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Need help about map maker and object maker
« on: August 21, 2011, 05:51:08 am »
I am a new newbie with object and map maker. I recently just got gimp, when make a heightmap, I make sure i put png and name for example Wolfheightmap.png. When i put the name of the height map in 'height terrain map' feral heart will shut down. At first i realized i did the map in RGB, so i placed it in grayscale and the same thing occured. Am i doing something wrong?

Also with object maker i dont know what rar is. I do not create my meshes, i download others. Some meshes i download will have rar at the end of them, for example wolf.rar. It would be really helpfull to know what rar is and how to use it. And im also having troubles with materials or textures whatever they are called, it always come up with white or  black and yellow.

Thanks peeps ^^

girr

Re: Need help about map maker and object maker
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 06:36:06 am »
how do you log in with your charater

Offline aelitastar

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 07:32:31 am »
O.e brenda your supposed to make a thread for yourself and not ask on other threads for help. and RAR is a file that you need a type of program to open, i can't quite think of the name of it at the moment o.O
I am not who I was when I last left here, from the years '11 through '13. I sincerely apologize for how rude and disrespectful I had been, and hope whoever I have wronged before can forgive my previous bad behavior.

Offline Godzilla

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 10:30:52 am »
Ok thats cool

Thanks peeps ^^