Author Topic: What IS a Sparkledog?  (Read 22071 times)

Velocity

Re: What IS a Sparkledog?
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2011, 04:45:22 pm »
A sparkledog in my opinion, or sparklecat/fox/whatever. Has very unrealistic colors and usually has a ridiculous bio about how they're so emo and slit their wrists but they're also happy and have lots of friends but hate people and break up with their boyfriend 38 times a week but their relationship is so amazing. Somehow they manage to wear piercings, gloves, legwarmers, necklaces, and the like without thumbs, as shown here.

Here's an example of a Sparkledog in my opinion.

http://sonicgurl12.deviantart.com/art/Fursona-187537566

And a joking picture talking about the lack of thumbs.

http://nightmarehound.deviantart.com/art/Opposable-thumbs-would-be-nice-99895836

Usually their "fursona" as called and has very insane color choices that do not match or just look awful to a majority of people but still have a "cool factor" to certain people".

Offline Lupaparva

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2011, 07:29:06 am »
As somebody whose feral characters are pretty much all unnatural colors and markings, I have a line between what constitutes as just a fantasy critter and a full-blown sparkledog.

Ah, I just tought about my characters and wether I would call them Sparkledogs or not (Viri is one, though).
I don't mind these neon coloured, bigly beaming, colour screaming animals, although I don't think I would make them without a reason. But I enjoy interesting unnatural colours as long as they match and don't burn the eyes of the beholder.
Even so I think everyone should create a character he/she likes, so I wouldn't horn in their decisions.

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2011, 08:02:37 am »
Yeah, in the end people can make what they want because it's their character and stuff. Even though people might oppose it, no one can really do anything about it except the creator.

Offline IceDarki

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Hurr, durr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2011, 08:43:36 am »
So, would you guys consider this a sparkle/scenedog?:

http://icestarblah.deviantart.com/art/AMAKUSA-212918605

I dunno, I thought her colors might blind everyone else and that her story would be too sue-ish. >.<

Offline Lupaparva

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2011, 09:40:28 am »
Her colours are no problem, I think. Mechanical and futuristic in a nice way. I don't know, whether others would consider her to be a sparkledog (probably yes), but I like her anyway.

Only the tail (or exactly: the injection) looks a little... false. I don't know how to say it in English, but it doesn't look "smooth" to the tail. Hasn't to do with the subject and is only a drawing advice, but you could make it less look like an injection and more like a sting or small tube with poison. (The holder for the fingers isn't necessary at this tail-weapon, so...) But this is only my view and it doesn't matter anyway. ^^"

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2011, 11:59:17 am »
It...is kind of. Mainly the markings and the hairstyle. But it's not too eyeblindy and stuff so it's tolerable on my end XD

Nyan Cat

« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2011, 10:04:44 pm »
Sparkledogs and rape where the whole reason I left Feralheart a long time ago.

Offline Kenji89

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2011, 11:04:33 pm »

This is a sparkledog.

Offline Frostpaw860

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Professional Dork
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr Blog
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2011, 01:10:34 am »
Sorta like that Kacey. Sparkle dogs can also be know as a Scene. But that depends :/ .
A picture sorta like a sparkle dog.

I may even admit my avatar is a small bit like a Scene. But I'm not crazy-like by putting on a ton of colors and such. ^_^

.|.For The Team.|.
.::Only active on the Forums::.

Offline F3rr3tLov3r

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2011, 07:08:59 pm »
What i think is a sparkle dog,is a canine that has unantural colors
.3. Hi