Author Topic: Map maker questions  (Read 2049 times)

draydan

Map maker questions
« on: September 13, 2011, 02:09:11 am »
Alright i've checked throught alo of threads but didn't found what i was looknig for, im wondering, how can i link my map so other players can play it?

Thanks for your time,

Draydan

Offline barrettm82

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • I've lost my marbles, Have you seen them?
    • View Profile
Re: Map maker questions
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 02:18:20 am »
First you need to Place a Portal to Cape of distant world (under the Map tab in mapmaker).  After the map is finished  the hit the EXPORT button and find the files that were just created (they should be in the "Exports" folder in C:\feralheart ).   Then you need to give these file to the people you want to have them.
When the path ends, keep going forward and make a new trail.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 06:12:22 am »
Ive found a link that could help

http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=141.0

Heres the mediafire site to upload them for ur friends to download

http://www.mediafire.com/

Hope this helps!!!
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

draydan

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 11:34:18 am »
Thanks alot to both of you for your time, guess i'll have to check on how to make a portal too xD

draydan

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 02:07:06 pm »
First you need to Place a Portal to Cape of distant world (under the Map tab in mapmaker).  After the map is finished  the hit the EXPORT button and find the files that were just created (they should be in the "Exports" folder in C:\feralheart ).   Then you need to give these file to the people you want to have them.
that map isn,t in the list i have, and how do i make a portal BACK to that place? >_<

Thunderheart

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 05:11:03 pm »
Cape of Worlds is one of the official maps, the one where the portals to custom maps are stored in.
When you enter mapmaker, in the first tab there is a little checkbox that has the text 'Has Portal' next to it. Click the checkbox. Then put your cursor on the place where you want to arrive when you enter your map from the cape. In the small brown box at the bottom are some numbers now, those are coordinates of the place where your cursor is. Enter them in the boxes that appeared whe you clicked the checkbox, then save.
When you enter the cape afterwards, there should be a new portal you can enter your map through.

Offline evelynn

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • ^v^ Keep a Happy face, adopt a SMILEY! ^v^
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 11:50:48 pm »
How and where do I find the cape of worlds???

Pet's name: Lillina
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Come back horsie!!!

Offline Ingredient

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 07:53:09 am »
How and where do I find the cape of worlds???
Wen u arrive at flourite plains run out of the cave and stop at the big tree, then look to ur left or in front of u and u should see some crystals leading to an island looking thing with a portal on it, swim there and go to the portal and it will take u to Cape of Distant Worlds.

Hope this helps ;D

Offline wolfgirlrox1

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2011, 03:25:45 pm »
i downloaded feral heart and it doesnt show an objects folder, i created one but i dont think that helped. what do i do? im totally lost. im just trying to find out how to put meshes in a map i dont have GIMP or anything...that doesnt work for me to well

Offline Ingredient

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2011, 10:22:28 pm »
i downloaded feral heart and it doesnt show an objects folder, i created one but i dont think that helped. what do i do? im totally lost. im just trying to find out how to put meshes in a map i dont have GIMP or anything...that doesnt work for me to well

Well wen u open FH click "Tools" then "Map Maker" go to the "Objects" tab and there will some object lists like "Default, MyRocks, MyPlants" etc click one of them and u can choose objects within them to put in the map. Then wen u click an object u want click the "Add New" button on the side of the list and then the object will be at the end of your cursor.

If u downloaded a mesh i made a tutorial

http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=12012.0

Hope this helps!!!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 10:26:14 pm by Ingredient »