0 (0%)
3/5
0 (0%)
4/5
2 (22.2%)
5/5
6 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: The Howling Manifesto (Chapter 6 : Getting To Know You)  (Read 5068 times)

Offline Password

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
The Howling Manifesto (Chapter 6 : Getting To Know You)
« on: September 14, 2011, 04:25:35 pm »
                                                The Howling Manifesto (Based on "The Beauty Manifesto)

"The howling manifesto will be applied to all, there will be no acceptions." ....

Chapter 1 : Waiting In Line

I waited in line, many were before me.... I stood still a little confused, and found that all my heavy paws were acheing as I had been waiting in the line for a while now.  I wanted to just walk away but for some reason we weren't allowed, strange wolves were watching our every move, they weren't like other wolves though.... There face, it had no expression, they had the same markings and same coloured fur.... White and black, they stood with their head slightly tilted and their eyes had no sparkle.... They seemed to be longing a purpose, they wanted to be free but wouldn't speak of their dream for fear of something much worse than their personality taken from them....

I walked slowly towards a stange den as the line gradually got shorter and shorter.  The den enterance was guarded by the same identical wolves.... It was as though they weren't there... You would blink, look away and suddenly they would be somewhere else, getting closer, trapping you.... I knew it wasn't true though.... They really had themselves stolen from them.... I saw a wolf stray from the line running in fear, he was quickly grabbed by two of the robot like clones, he was thrown into the den.... There was a sudden moment of complete silence, a moment of suspence, my heart pounded but was quickly interupted by a howl coming from the den.... It was a painful howl which pierced the ears and hearts of those who listened to it.... The howl started to change, it started to slurd and became a more of a screaming.... It had all gone so fast.... I approached the den, it was my turn...... I slowly entered but what caught my eye wasn't very plesant....

Chapter 2 : On The Other Side Of The Sheet

Two wolves, identical to the guards outside, but that wasn't the thing that bothered me, it was the fact that the inside of the den was smeared with blood, filled with bones and the odd body part had been crammed tightly into the corner of a den. There  was also tools spread around the un-tidy den, but they weren't animal.... They were well, human, twist and bends of carved wood, plastic and metal, the confusing patterns were intimmidating and somewhat, scary. I wasn't sure what was going to happen, but I could tell it wasn't good, I reacted by running into the nearest section of the den, the enterance to it was covered by a silky, white sheet. When I entered the cramped section of the den, I really wished I hadn't. On the other side of the flowing white material there was something so disturbing that it would chill the hearts of the strongest of creatures.......

It was another wolf, it wasnt a clone, well not really, it was rocking back and forth crouched against the wall. I slowly moved around the other side of the wall trying to keep my distance, the slightest sound made by my padding feet stopped the wolf from rocking. I stopped in my tracks as the strange wolf slowly moved its paws away from its face revealing what the clones had done to it. The wolf dragged its self along the floor and groaned as though they were in pain, I pinned my ears back in horror and pressed my tail between my legs at what I saw. The wolf had only one hind leg and a body which was patched up with stitches, the wolf's face was horrible as one eye was pure metal, a tiny camera with a red blinking light in the center of the eye. It had many bald patches which only added to my fear, the creature made its was towards me making un-earthly noises, my spine filled with shivers, I screamed and backed away close up to the wall lowering my head in fear.

Suddenly two clones bardges through the white cloak and vicously rammed the stranger against the den wall, I felt somewhat sorry for the innocent creature, it was obvious that the wolf was in pain and wanted it to end......

Chapter 3 : The Great Escape

Another clone threw themselves angrily through the white sheet, but started heading for me. The robotic clone gripped my chest fur and pulled my closer to them before slamming my limp body back against the wall. I yowled in pain as the clone pressed their face against mine and snarled vicously.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING!" snapped the clone.

"DON'T YOU TRY TO ESCAPE OR YOU WILL END UP LIKE THAT HIDEOUS THING!!!!!" I flinched as the clone screamed at the top of their voice, I then followed along the clones arm, to the paw and to the finger. It was pointing at the creature. I dropped my ears, widened my eyes and watched in horror as the other two vicious clones began to man handle the creature. It was horrible to watch, I tried to cover my eyes but the lead clone, grabbed the back of my head and squeezed it tightly, it then foced my head closer to the creature. I felt my eyes welling up with tears as I gazed into the eyes of the disgusting wolf, it glared back at me which only made me feel more sorrowful for the thing. One of the clones took it a step too far and slammed their paw down onto the creatures head, it fell to the floor and screached as its body began to shake vicously. The clone that had me in its grasp threw me to the ground, my head nearly hitting the wall, they then grabbed the one twin which had hurt the creature too much. I glared in tears as the largest identical wolf began to beat the smaller one, a series of bites and clawing eventually drove the smallest clone to stop moving..... It was dead, beaten by its commander.

I didn't know what to think, or do.... My eyes darted around the small enclosed area, I then fixated my eyes on the creature who was laying on the floor gazing back at me. While the other two clones were distracted with the murdered corpse, I slowly began to inch my way over to the creature, it groaned a little quietly but I whispered back at it.

"Shhhhh don't worry.... I'm getting us out of this....." I then slowly muzzled under the body of the bloody wolf which caused my nose to stain with blood, I then muzzled harder making my way under the creature and flipping it onto my back. I dragged myself to my feet carrying the heavy load, without thinking I sprinted into the larger part of the den trailing blood behind me. I then pounced out of the enterance of the den and found my self face to face with the front of the line.....

Chapter 4 : Escaping The Clones

I shoved past the first wolf who was in the line as it frowned angrily at me, then pouncing over a large rock I turned my head finding myself being chased by a stempede of clones! I ran gasping in shock, trying not to stumble and drop the stranger. There was loud snarling coming from behind me and I have to admit, the clones can be scary when they want to be.... One of the identical wolves stretched out their front legs as they ran and managed to grab my hind leg, I found myself tumbling to the ground, fliping, tossing, turning and finally being crushed by a furless body.

I had failed..... The clones pinned me not paying much attention to the weak creature, I gazed at him with sorrow in my eyes and he blinked for a moment. The bloody body then staggered to his feet and backed away slightly, I widened my eyes as the wolf began charging towards the large pile of clones who were attacking me. He bardged his body right into them sending them soaring, the creature then stopped and looked at me before falling to the ground weakly. Without hesitation, I quickly flopped the heavy body back onto my back and sprinted away. I didn't dare look back, I wasn't even sure if I was being followed anymore but I wasn't going to chance it. Taking one final leap over a large rock I glanced behind me and found that all of the clones were nowhere to be seen.

I laid the creatures body gently onto the floor and awated him to come through, I then flopped down myself and panted. The rain began to pour, it trickled down each strand of my detailed fur making it shine and reflect the moon light. I gently dragged the creature closer and further under the rock in an attempt to keep it warm and out of the rain.

Chapter 5 : Positive Turn

My tired body, lay sprawled out on the floor. I panted hard each time taking in masive amounts
of air, amazingly I managed to force my body up, my legs were ready to give way. I lowered my head and gave the strange creature a slightly nudge with my muzzle, it didn't move which only made me more determin to wake it. I tugged gently at the creatures ear, I hoped it wasn't.... No it couldn't be, dead... Could it? Suddenly shock and horror filled my head as I began pleading.

"Oh no please don't be dead... Come on get up!" I gently placed one of my paw on the creatures chest and gave a sigh of relief when I finally detected a heart beat. At the touch of my cold paw the creatures eyes sprung open and glared up at me. I gave out a slightly scream and pressed my back against the rock as the almost dead body made its way to me.... It opened its mouth and I prepared myself for the worst, I closed my eyes tightly.

"....W-why did you do that....?" The creature said in a slow almost robotic voice. I opened my eyes quickly a little shocked as I gasped at the creatures cold voice.

Chapter 6 : Getting To Know You

"Well I.....w-..... wait I......." I stuttered struggling to find words. I allowed myself to slowly slide down the face of the rock, it rubber my back red raw but I didn't care. I finally came to a halt as my rear hit the floor. The creature just glared me in the face, blinking it's one good eye which made a strange snapping noise everytime the tiny camera went black. I trembled finally finding the courage to repliy to the hairless beast.

"why did I...? Why did I do what......?" My voice quivered and seemed to echo right to the edge of the stretching horizon. The creature jerked it's head back before asking again in more obvious detail.

"Well.... Why did you take me away from that place....?" The same question raced through my mind, ripping at my brain searching for an answer, in reply I lowered my head and shrugged slowly. The creature sat back and looked around before it's eye firmly locked on my face.

"M-my name's Silas.... By the way...." I widened my eyes and looked up in the face of the mangled body. It had a name? Well of course it had a name, what was wrong with me? I couldn't help but allow a smile to creap along my face. The once feared stranger suddenly felt like a close friend.

"Well I'm Chloe." My voice lightened while my tail slowly began to sway.

"Chloe..." The Silas repeated, "that's a nice na-" we were rudely cut of by the sound of paws draging along the floor. The sound was almost a faint echo which mocked at our suspense. Fearing that our time together was almost up, I was desperatly trying to get as much information as possible.

"Tell me what the clones are doing." I commanded. Although Silas had no emotion I could tell that he wanted the subject to change.

"It's not a pretty story...." Silas replied, his voice lowering....

« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 06:57:38 pm by Password »

Offline spirit333

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Spidyman c:
    • View Profile
Re: The Howling Manifesto (Chapter 1)
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 12:54:39 am »
Yes you should ^^

Offline DungeonSiegeWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 01:09:52 am »
I vote 5/5 of this ^_^

Offline Kiyoi

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 02:35:40 am »
1000/5 i like how the intro chapter went :D

Offline Password

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: The Howling Manifesto (Chapter 2 : On The Other Side Of The Sheet)
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 02:40:25 pm »
Added an image, enjoy ^-^

EDIT : sorry image is a bit dodgy, I may add a better version of the image in the future. It was just to give you a basic idea on the character.  :-*
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 05:44:36 pm by Password »

Offline DungeonSiegeWolf

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 11:51:40 pm »
Now with the image.... ME WANTS TO HEAR A LOT MORE

Offline Password

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 01:21:14 pm »
:D N'awww thank you -karma-

EDIT : oh yeah XD, and if you like the images, I shall try to add one for each chapter. I'd like your opinions on the images before I do so though. ;)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 03:17:16 pm by Password »

Offline Password

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: The Howling Manifesto (Chapter 3 : The Great Escape)
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 04:16:15 pm »
I just realized that I haven't thanked you all for reading @_@. So thank you all for reading :D xx

Offline DungeonSiegeWolf

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: The Howling Manifesto (Chapter 3 : Escaping The Clones)
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 01:38:09 am »
300th veiwer, or 301st ^^

Offline spirit333

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Spidyman c:
    • View Profile
Re: The Howling Manifesto (Chapter 3 : Escaping The Clones)
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 07:00:42 pm »
Amazing stories :D I can't wait for more! They are abosolutely amazing! (I already said that but anywho..) Keep up the good work! ;D