Poll

What do you think of cross-gender RPers? (Guys that rp as girls, and girls that rp as guys.)

Totally acceptable.
I'm one of 'em!
They make me uncomfortable when I find out they're not their character's gender.
They should stick to rping their IRL gender!

Author Topic: Your Opinion on Cross-gender RPers?  (Read 23201 times)

Pein

Re: Your Opinion on Cross-gender RPers?
« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2012, 02:08:48 pm »
[removed]
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 09:33:52 am by Pein »

Offline StarWarsWolf7

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2012, 05:02:05 am »
I'm a cross gender role player as well. Yes I'm not sure what the big deal is either; one time I role played for so long as a male charrie, then when I revealed I was a girl in real life, everyone freaked out. I mean, it's not like us cross gender role players are about to  start a real life relationship or something; it's all part of the role play in my opinion. That's just me though LOL

Offline evelynn

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • ^v^ Keep a Happy face, adopt a SMILEY! ^v^
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2012, 03:47:45 am »
I RP as a male or a female lion I just don't do the mating thing... TOTALLY UNNECESSARY!
It is play but people do get thier emotions wrapped up in their characters, and I have conversed with people who take their mate-dating thing seriously. Even to the point being personally upset when there RP Mate leaves.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 03:50:31 am by evelynn »

Pet's name: Lillina
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Come back horsie!!!

Offline Miles101

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Praise Helix
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2012, 08:37:58 pm »
Well, no...I'm a cross gender roleplayer and I don't see the problem. The majority of my characters are male, and I have gotten my characters into in-game relationships (be they romantic, friendly, or unfriendly) with charcters controlled by other females. I'm honestly not bothered by that at all...

Offline Mewwn

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2013, 09:46:23 am »
I am female, but I RP as males and females, but I find myself rping males mostly...
Females:
Somberpaw, Falconsong, Falconstar, Falconpaw. (I have an addiction to Falcons xD)

Males:
Maskedkit, Jaykit, Darksky, Hawkflight, Adderstrike, Adderstripe, Adderclaw (Oh yay addiction to Adder!)

Yea I RP Warrior Cats Only but you get the idea xDD There were many people who fussed at me for cross gender rping .-.

Offline KizzaBabay

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Shoot-For-The-Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2013, 10:24:13 am »
I believe it does not matter, I don't play as a male character. (I Am Female.) But. That's beside the point. This is a game so it shouldn't really matter what gender you play as.

Though, this may be different when it comes to getting mates on the game. For some people they might want to be mates with someone who is from the other gender. Over all I do not think it matters. This is just an opinion of my own.
KizzaBabay <3

Offline Loopyloola

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 02, 2013, 02:53:50 am »
I have no problem with it! Unless they are being sexist which is rare I don't see what the problem is It'd a character not the person itself! I like to play as male characters and it doesnt feel weird at all!

Offline TheDragonKitten

• Curious Wanderer
  • "Hello there..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 02, 2013, 03:07:06 am »
I will admit that even with as many male characters I may have, it's more or less just to level out the population. Too many females for me to feel comfortable to have a 50/50 gender ratio in my characers slots. That's just me though.
Also, I honestly have no problem with it. A character is a character, not the person playing it.

Not gentlemanly at all!

Offline Whirrbee

• Curious Wanderer
  • I have a love hate relationship with bees
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #88 on: September 02, 2013, 04:09:33 am »
I honestly have a ton of male characters, I've roleplayed as a guy for a while from rping animes and cosplaying and such. I just find it more natural I guess to rp as a guy cause I've done it for so long. But I have my share of female characters to. Its annoying to think that some people get kicked out of rps cause there not the right gender anybody who thinks like that can go suck eggs or something.
ACCOUNT MOVED  http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&action=profile
Reasons for moving
- I hated my name
- Whirrbee was an oc of mine and he was the worst character I've ever made.
- Seeing the name made me annoyed
I changed it to something I'd love forever so I won't move again.

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 02, 2013, 09:58:31 am »
"Role-playing refers to the changing of one's behaviour to assume a role, either unconsciously to fill a social role, or consciously to act out an adopted role."

If we're 'adopting' a role, why shouldn't we cross-gender RP? I don't usually play as males because I think I fit better with females, but I have male characters too. However, someone kicking someone out of a group because of his/her gender? That's just plain wrong. Some people are uncomfortable with it, and that's fine, but if one decides for a change, let him/her be.