Author Topic: Forgotten how to Compress Files for Upload and Object Problem  (Read 2125 times)

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Forgotten how to Compress Files for Upload and Object Problem
« on: October 05, 2011, 04:22:23 am »
Well i havent uploaded a map in ages and i want to test a map on another computer but i've forgotten how. Ive looked at the Uploading Maps and Downloaded Maps in the Maps board and it doesnt make sense. I compressed the files together somehow and i dont remember how i did it. Wen i try following the tutorial then extracting the zip file all the object files, sky and weather files come out wen i remember only the map file was suppose to. So i tried compressing just the map file into a zip folder and it seemed to work. The only problem was the weather and objects i created using Object Maker didnt show up. Also some of the objects r larger on the other computer. I had this waterfall sliding offa rock but the rock has grown and the waterfalls stuck inside the rock. Anyone understanding this? Id really luv some help here. Mainly because i hav a new laptop with no map lags which means way better maps then wat i used to do, and i really want to share them now more than ever.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 04:36:03 am by Ingredient »
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Definition

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten how to Compress Files for Upload and Object Problem
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 11:29:49 am »
You have to also share the .fho files to get the objects to show up. Sometimes when you export your map you'll notice a few other files like .fho, .fhs, fhw additional to the .fhm. You have to upload/share all of the files exported for your map to fully work ^^ Your .fho folder will be the names of the object groups you use.

For example, if you exported a map called, I dunno, "BerryLand" and notice a few new files such as
berryland.fhm
MyRocks.fho
lolcoolsky.fhs
weather.fhw
in your exports folder, you have to send all of them.

And to make a .rar or .zip folder select the folders or files you want compressed and right click, then choose "Add to archive".

« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 11:34:46 am by Defined »

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 12:23:38 pm »
It always works better if you upload your own object lists though. Instead of things like MyRocks, Default, MyTrees, all that. Sending people the default object groups when they already have them, sometimes causes problems with their game.

Offline Ingredient

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 11:15:52 pm »
ahhh yes its starting to come back to me now. One thing i still dont get is the last time i did this there was only 1 file, (the map file) all the other files werent there but i think they were all inside the map file if u noe wat i mean. Why isnt it happening again?

Offline Definition

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 11:36:57 pm »
It depends on your map, if it has certain objects, sky, weather, ect, the number of files might be different.

Offline Ingredient

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 11:48:17 pm »
Well it has a custom sky and rain cycle, downloaded objects and normal FH objects. All my other maps had this before and was still one file with all the objects, skies, weather etc.

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 01:54:30 am »
That'd be because you used things that are already in everyone's game. They don't need the same stuff again, they already have it. So the objects will show up and the weather will work, cause everyone has it.