i dont know how to post without a poll XD, so you can do this optionaly >:3

Waffles
1 (50%)
Pancakes
0 (0%)
French Toast
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Waterfall mesh file ruined! help!  (Read 1318 times)

Moonsoul333

Waterfall mesh file ruined! help!
« on: October 05, 2011, 08:13:47 pm »
I am new to this game, and love it, im working on a map with rivers and lakes and stuff. but i diddnt know how to get my waterfall files on the game, so i youtubed it and followed directions. but it was a bad tutorial, and my files are ruined. i know how to make other objects, but the waterfall is vital. when i type in the files on the object maker, i get the waterfall mesh, but the material is just "BaseWhite" i tried tracing and undoing the steps i did on the tutorial, but its still not working. anyone know what to do?

KaizaKan

Re: Waterfall mesh file ruined! help!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 08:41:04 pm »
Well you should redownload FH first, to restore your files. After that's done with you should check your object folders in FH, that way you can double check for correct spellin g and such when typing in the files. Where you find your waterfall mesh and look for what the material file for it is called, which should be something like waterfall.material . You simply load  the mesh of the waterfall into FH VIA Object Maker. After loading the mesh in, go the box to type in material files and put the waterfalls material file's name there.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 08:43:50 pm by KaizaKan »

Offline Hamilton

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 102
  • Stand your ground.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 09:35:39 pm »
WaterFallMat will put the texture back on your waterfall.mesh once your files are repaired via re-installing. Capitalization is important. If the mesh still loads with the base mat, select the mesh and type "WaterFallMat" into the material box and hit the update button.

Moonsoul333

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 11:47:46 pm »
ok, thanks. but if i redownload, wont that erase the files i have for my map? or not?

Moonsoul333

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 12:16:47 am »
nvm, i risked it anyway XD. thanks guys! it worked >:3