Author Topic: Mapmaker is confusing map after export with previous versions.  (Read 1043 times)

Offline HeroOfCanton

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
    • View Profile
Mapmaker is confusing map after export with previous versions.
« on: October 21, 2011, 12:27:58 am »
Basically what the title says, I've been working on a map for about three days now. I've been saving on and off as I made progress. I exported my map today after everything looked to be about right. It export successfully however;

When I went into the map through the Cape something really crazy happened. My map has the wrong terrain height and mask. Well, they are correct they are just old versions that I used on the very first day of making that map and have since been edited.

Also objects I had in the map during the first save but took out after that are also in the map now. I'm not exactly sure what's going on as when I pull up my saved files everything is in the correct format.

Any ideas as to what this problem is and how to solve it?

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Mapmaker is confusing map after export with previous versions.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 12:40:48 am »
I'm not sure except maybe..
The portal you went into were infact an old export.

The map folder you add the height images and mask images to work as (1 map).

The exported map file work as (1 map as well).

If you have both an exported version and the map folder itself, you will have 2 portals to the same map. My guesses are that you might went into an old exported version of the map you were still working on.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline HeroOfCanton

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 12:45:23 am »
See that's what I thought aswell however when I turned around and went back into the Cape I only had one portal to that map.

I went into Mapmaker and exported the map under a different name but it didn't help any. :/

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 12:53:53 am »
arr.. Then it's somewhat odd, not sure I had this issue myself.

You do have just 1 version of the map in the map maker yar?

Unless there has been any secret update to the game, you shouldn't need to export the map at all since the exports works the same as the map itself. I'd say clearing the export folder from your map unless it's something you already tried.

Go into cape and see if your map portal still is there, if there's no portal something is wrong, if it's there, it's in order and try going into it again.

If there's still no result of the new map being there, go back to the map maker and uncheck the "has portal" box in the world tab.

The portal in cape should disappear. If it does, Add a random object to the map, and check the "has portal" again and make sure you save the changes and try again.

If the portal would still be there, I'd say something is really wrong cause you don't have any exported map, and you don't have the one in the map maker using a portal.

Play around a lil, I'm not actually sure what's causing this unless you actually have an old copy of the map laying around.
Former community manager of FeralHeart