Author Topic: How can you recolour a default object?  (Read 1086 times)

Offline FableTheWolf

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
How can you recolour a default object?
« on: October 24, 2011, 08:40:21 pm »
So I've been doing some map stuff and I want to know how I can make a green crystal for my map. I've changed rockMats for platforms and dens, but beyond what's already in the game I cannot seem to do. I've looked for help, but I never found anything straightforward, or it didn't explain everything. I've spent a few hours toying with things, but I could never seem to figure it out on my own.

Any advice for me? Am I just trying too hard? It seems pretty basic to me, which makes me upset because I cannot seem to pull it off.
Oh and if you know how to do music in a map, it would be appreciated if you gave me a hand with that too.

From a frusterated FableTheWolf, thank you very very much for trying to help me.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: How can you recolour a default object?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 07:34:51 am »
Well go to the FH folder and go to the one with the crystals in it, i think its called "Misc".
Open up the crystal texture in GIMP or something.
Change it to how you want it then save it in the same folder and call it a different name like "greencrystalTex.jpg" put the jpg at the end though (very important)
In the folder there should be a file called "crystal" make a copy and paste it in the same folder, then open it up in Notepad.
This is what you should see:

material crystalMat
{
   technique
   {
      pass
      {
         cull_hardware none
         cull_software none
         emissive 1 1 1
         texture_unit
         {
            env_map spherical
            texture crystalTex.jpg
         }
      }
   }
}
material crystalGlowMat
{
   technique
   {
      pass
      {
         scene_blend add
         depth_write off
         fog_override true
         texture_unit
         {
            texture crystalGlow.jpg
            tex_address_mode clamp
            wave_xform scale_x sine 0.9 0.5 0 0.1
            wave_xform scale_y sine 0.9 0.5 0 0.1
         }
      }
   }
}

When you go to Object Maker, load the crystal and go to the second tab there should be a box called Material. The current material for the crystal is "crystalMat". Here you change it to whatever u want like "GreenCrystalMat" or something.

What u saved your texture as you type in here. So "greencrystalTex.jpg" you would put in if you saved it as that.

Now you dont have to worry about this its just the glowing thing around the crystal but thats only if you added it on. Otherwise its just a green crystal with no glow but you could add a green light to it if you wish. You can also delete all this if you want, it wont affect the texture.

Ok done changing the codes click "Save" not "Save As" then close it. Go to Object Maker and bring your crystal up then change the material from "crystalMat" to whatever you called it.

Hope this helps ;)
Will be inactive due to work and exams.