Author Topic: The Plague of the Clans (Story WIP)  (Read 1537 times)

Offline Saylor156

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
The Plague of the Clans (Story WIP)
« on: October 29, 2011, 03:58:54 pm »
I hope I don't forget about this one like I did with my last one. Ok, here goes! (I'm making it up as I go except the beginning)

Agonized screeches and yowls rent the air and the scent of rotting flesh wafted about, intoxicating those who rushed from patient to patient. Ghastly wounds opened themselves in cats' flanks, spreading all along their bodies and causing unbearable pain.
A gray tabby she-cat lay alone under a shade of ferns, her fur gone in places where deep trench-like cuts in her flanks had taken over. Her breath was harsh and painful as another cat -a young brown tom- padded hurriedly to her, dropping wet moss beside her quivering nose.
"No. Give.. It to someone...else," she whispered over the noise of anguish around camp, pushing the moss away.
"Stormstar, drink it!" the small tom meowed, his voice shrill with fear and stress.
"Rustpaw..." Stormstar seemed to calm at the name. "Rustpaw, you must leave this place." She fixed her pain-clouded eyes on him, smiling through the tear that dripped down her cheek. "The plague will kill you... I don't want that..."
"But-"
"Leave, my son... before it is too...late. We need those... like you... to survive this..."
"Mother please." Hot tears coursed down his face, and he made to nuzzle her.
"No!" she snarled, wincing at the pain of it. "I'm sorry... I love you... I'll be with you always..."
She went limp and her eyes dimmed, staring straight ahead. Her last life trickled out of her, wreathing Rustpaw in warmth for a moment before leaving the earth forever.
Rustpaw turned to look at his mother and the other cats who still pleaded for mercy as strong jaws pulled him from camp. Three other cats were with him -Troutclaw, Rowanfall, and Frostpaw- , half dragging half carrying him through the entrance, all casting one last glance into camp before they disappeared into the trees, never to return to the camp that was visited by death.

I hope you like it so far! :D Please comment on it and give me some ideas!

Offline DungeonSiegeWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • View Profile
Re: The Plague of the Clans (Story WIP)
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 01:32:17 am »
I likes it! ;D