Author Topic: Just a Copyright Question.  (Read 1547 times)

Offline Meiari

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • The RP Addict
    • View Profile
Just a Copyright Question.
« on: November 20, 2011, 07:01:53 pm »
I have FH+, but can't find much more use for it other than mapmaking. And after showing a friend of mine one of my maps, she wants to use it in an RP. Thing is, it uses textures and objects default to FH+ but not to FH.
Basically what I want to do is put the objects and textures from FH+ into FH, and put them in the map's zipfile as well.
I worked pretty hard on the map, but will still refuse to take credit for making the objects and textures, of course. It seems there shouldn't be a problem since TLK4EVER allows them for free use in FH+, so why not regular FH? But I thought I'd check with the forum first.  :3

Offline smokey ash

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • :D
    • View Profile
Re: Just a Copyright Question.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 07:13:08 pm »
They probley wont work and dont work because FH and FH+ is 2 different things , yes Fh+ is based on Fh but its made it to different ways... I dought its possible
THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IS USE.
IF YOU WISH TO FIND ME CONTACT;

Black_Veil_Brides on the forum.
Or blackVbrides ingame

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 07:15:47 pm »
They probley wont work and dont work because FH and FH+ is 2 different things , yes Fh+ is based on Fh but its made it to different ways... I dought its possible

FH+ IS Feralheart, just with changed maps and new textures and a whole lot more particles I beleive, It would work.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Meiari

• The RP Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 07:16:22 pm »
FH+ is almost entirely the same. Objects downloaded for regular FH work just fine in FH+. FH would treat them the same as if I downloaded them from the forum.

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 04:08:08 am »
Try this tutorial :)

http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=13777.0

Ack, misunderstood the question. It shouldn't be a problem though, as they are part of the same game.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 04:17:47 am by Sameth »

Offline Meiari

• The RP Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 03:40:31 pm »
It's been awhile, and I still haven't gotten a straight answer...so...bump?

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 04:42:41 pm »
There's always two different ways to see this really.

Either you can see it this way,
FH+ was made by TLK4EVER and he can in no way possible control all the maps and other content that is made and changed around. Going just onto your map alone saying you are not allowed to use some textures because it was for FH+ isn't exactly the wisest choice since NO ONE gets anything out of it. FH+ and FH is pretty much the same game, and if simba is the owner of the textures he shouldn't really bother, if he for some reason isn't, then he would've been doing something far worse than you could ever do with the textures in that map, unless he got admittance to use these textures from either a friend or free for use.

Or the more complicated way that doesn't really work in general since it happens everywhere,
You are not allowed to use ANYTHING at all without permission, if you know you didn't make these textures you must ask TLK4EVER for his permission to use them, and if not make sure the sources of the textures were free for use, doesn't matter if you give credit or not, still not your work.

The first one is pretty much how it works, and the 2nd one is pretty much what the actual copyright rules says.

Something a lot of people seem to misunderstand is that you cannot live 100% by the rules, and neither can you ignore them all together since you must keep a few things in mind. I spose each and everyone has to find out when  there's musts, and  when you can make exceptions.

Copyright rules is a serious subject though, but if you were not able to work around it or everyone would've followed them by 100% all the time, sites like youtube, tumblr, myspace, maybe even facebook would not exist or be popular. Whole internet would not be known as it is.

Hope this clears it up a bit.

//Personal view,
No, I do not think you will get in any trouble.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 04:44:33 pm by Red »
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Meiari

• The RP Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 09:49:53 pm »
Thank you very much, Red. Like I said, I kind of assumed that there wouldn't be much of an issue simply because he allowed those new textures to be used freely for mapmaking in FH+, which is simply a modification of Kovu's FeralHeart.

--Thread has been solved.--