Author Topic: More suggestions (inproved map, chat, and group features)  (Read 1209 times)

Offline Keiththewolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
More suggestions (inproved map, chat, and group features)
« on: December 05, 2011, 07:49:22 pm »
Ok, I'm here again with suggestions. These are things I really care about though. First of all, we need a better map! The current minimap doesn't show where caves, or portals are, or show how to travel to other places in the game. I followed a wolf (because we made a pack, and we want to settle somewhere nice), and I would have no idea how to get there again. I went back to my home on Bondfire Island, because I need to meet someone there tomorrow, but other than that, she is gonna have to lead me back. The problem is, she can't even find her way back! XD So I think this is a clear indication we need a better map, with landmarks shown, and maybe even paths. Maybe even a large world map, to show all the places in game, and where things are. I feel like this is very important, as if players keep getting lost, they'll get frustrated. And a frustrated canine or feline is not a happy one. Plus, new people are unable to navigate correctly. So please work on making a better map! Or maybe some kind of arrow thing to point you in the direction of where you want to go.

Next on my list is the chat. There are so many users logging on and off, that I miss messages if I'm not paying full attention to the chat window. Even when I am, I may missed them, because of a flood of people connecting, or disconnecting. While I learned you can filter out other chats, so I can focus on what channels I want, we cannot filter out that. I suggest an option to allow us to turn off the connect/disconnect message, or something like that. Or be able to filter them out in chat. Also, scroll buttons are desperately needed in this game, as dragging the scroll tab takes me too far. And then if I do happen to scroll the message I wanted to read, a single connect/disconnect sends me back to the end of the chats. I think you all can tell it's something that rather annoys me. XD; And I'm sorry if I seem too passionate, but it's just this is a really great game, but there are a few things that are making it unplayable. So in short, please allow us to switch off connect/disconnect messages, and add scroll buttons that allow us to scroll slowly.

My third suggestion is minor. The one thing I notice is that you can only be part of one group. I think this has something to do with the fact there is only one group chat, and having more than one would make things alot more complicated. So I'll let the pass. But since we're talking about groups, I was thinking of adding additional features, like being appoint ranks withing, just like wolf packs, and lion prides have. Like the person who makes the group should have full charge of it, but can also give people permission to add ones to the group, so it's not like an open frenzy. Ofcourse, I don't know how the group things all work, so maybe we can do that, and I don't know. Thats another thing: we need a better documentation page for FeralHeart! Or maybe a Wiki for us, atleast.

Anyways, I hope people read this, and consider these things. I can only hope the people who matter will view this, but a joke about suggestion boxs are that they're just something for people to give suggestions, so the user feel heard. XD Ofocurse, I dont beleive that. I know forums admins and moderators care about this forum, and the game. :)
Evil...evil live in the giant Rubrik's Cube! (If you don't get it, look up Kharzem Fortress from Skyland) XD

Offline Keiththewolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
Re: More suggestions (inproved map, chat, and group features)
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 08:15:12 pm »
Please disregard what I said about the connect/disconnect message in the second paragraph. You can turn them off, and I feel so stupid! XD; Sorry everyone! ^^;;
Evil...evil live in the giant Rubrik's Cube! (If you don't get it, look up Kharzem Fortress from Skyland) XD

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: More suggestions (inproved map, chat, and group features)
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 09:19:14 pm »
Keith, you can edit your own posts if something in them aren't suiting anymore :p

The minimap might work to some extent. I think kov would be able to actually make portals visible on the minimap if he wanted. If I remember correctly they were shown on there in IT, and it wouldn't hurt.

The maps in the game could use some work indeed, and more added to give the players more variation and fun sturf. These have been here since the launch of FH, and FH+ pretty much played around with the community giving us problems even though it had extra maps for users to play in. I can just hope energy will go into the actual FH right now instead of giving us more issues needed. I'm not sure if a world map would be integrated in the first place, however, if a nice world were created for the game, someone would most likely make a world map by it and post on the forums, to show how things are linked.

The chat is very clogged up, many chat functions for one box and this can bring chaos, the map layouts with bigger empty maps that users must pass through doesn't always help either. There's lots of ideas that can go into the chats to make it more suitable for everyone.

and about the groups, well this idea has been mentioned before, and I do agree that users should be able to assign leaders within the pack so they can recruit for rps, kick others out when needed. Just easier management for the group really.

Good post.
Former community manager of FeralHeart