Author Topic: ? Frostclan ? Open! Semi-advanced literate warrior cats roleplay /map soon  (Read 8832 times)

Offline Flatsoda

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • hOnK (o:
    • View Profile

? Intro ?
[Nothing is as it seems]
[In the forest wrapped in haze]
[Am I sleeping? Am I dreaming?]
[Or do I walk with deadened steps]
[Hearing all the wretched threats]
[That cry from darker things]
[How eerily they ring]
[I claw the earth and scream]
[Oh please let this be a dream!]
[Nothing is as it seems]
[In the forest wrapped in haze]
[Am I sleeping? Am I dreaming?]
[Or do I walk with deadened steps]
[Hearing all the wretched threats]
[That cry from darker things]
[How eerily they ring]
[I claw the earth and scream]
[Oh please let this be a dream!]

~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~
A glowing pair of eyes peer out at you from the shadows. Nervously you shift your weight from paw to paw, sneaking glances at the two burly cats who sit on either side of you. Never did you imagine that your paws would lead you here, to this "clan" as they call it. Though you had always wanted to belong to something bigger then yourself this looks like a hard life, and the fact that three young cats, two living and one dead, lie in the center of the clearing does not make you feel any better about this decision. Suddenly a handsome tom steps out from the shadows and the disembodied eyes you saw previously finally have a body to accompany them. Somehow though it makes you feel no less intimidated especially with this regal cat sitting and looking down at you with an unfathomable expression in his eyes. Ducking your head you stare at the ground, looking everywhere but into the intimidating cats' eyes. Finally, after what seems to be a full moon of time, the tom sighs softly and turns his head to study the three young cats in the center of the den. Feeling as though a weight has been lifted off of you with the removal of his gaze you sit straighter and give your chest a quick lick before turning to secretly study this larger-than-life cat. His eyes are filled with sorrow as he glances at the three youngsters but also a steely resolve as well. When he speaks there is no trace of amusement in his voice and you can't help but feel that he's staring straight through you. Even though his eyes are fixated on the dead cat. "We live a difficult life here stranger. Our young cats must be strong or perish. And sometimes even the strongest perish anyways. You must be here for only one reason, that you wish to join our clan, but let me tell you now that if you join Frostclan you won't be living with a paw in both worlds. You are either one of us, or not one of us, there can be no in-between feelings. If you will swear to live for the clan and abide by the warrior code I will allow you to join us, we need more warriors, but be warned, we shall not go easy on you simply because you did not become one of us by birth, rather you will endure much taunting and cruelty because of your origins. Yet if you are certain of your decision......then we will welcome you." the tom's piercing amber gaze settles on you and you feel an intense desire to please this cat no matter the cost. Sitting straighter your answer seems impossibly clear.
"Yes, I will join Frostclan."
~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~

« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 03:09:17 pm by Embrastic »

Offline Flatsoda

• Finest Floof
  • hOnK (o:
    • View Profile
Re: ? Frostclan ? Contents and rules
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 01:32:20 pm »
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 08:14:29 pm by Embrastic »

Offline Flatsoda

• Finest Floof
  • hOnK (o:
    • View Profile
Re: ? Frostclan ? Setting and Plot
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 02:00:06 pm »
? Setting ?

CURRENTLY MAPLESS; CREATING MAP SOON

The Frostclan territory is diverse in that it has several different biome types, ranging from a small marsh to a grassy field, yet the biggest part of the territory is covered by thick forest.

Territory:
As there is no map, there will no be in-game pictures right now. But, however, I'll supply us with some real-life ones to get a good looking at the territory.

The Marsh
The Field
The Forest

The Starfall:
Where medicine cats and leaders go to commune with Starclan.

The Starfall

Camp:
Entrance to camp
Camp
Leaders Den
Warriors Den
Apprentices Den
Elders Den
Medicine Cat Den

The Barren Fields:
The Barren Fields
All apprentices must spend three days alone out here with predators abounding and little to no prey. If they survive and make it back alive they have earned their warrior name.

? Plot ?

Essentially this is just another warriors RP. You might be looking at this and rolling your eyes thinking "dude really? ANOTHER one?" and to be honest thats been my mentality with a lot of the Warrior RP's out there as well. They all seem to be the same and more then a little monotonous, so, after much time and thought, I decided I'd try my hand at making one that includes all the aspects of Warrior Cats that we love, with a twist. Basically the difference is that apprentices can't become warriors through normal assessments where their mentors simply tell the leader that they think its time for them to be made warriors, rather they must endure some difficult task beforehand. Namely, they must make it through three nights alone in the barren fields -more info can be found within the "Setting" section- if they survive then they become warriors and go on to train their own apprentices in turn and the circle continues.

There WILL be prophecies that occur along with some surprises that I have in store for everyone who joins to make things interesting. I'm open to ideas though so if you have this brilliant idea to further the plot PLEASE feel free to PM me and share so I can figure out how to incorporate it.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 10:16:11 pm by Embrastic »

Offline Flatsoda

• Finest Floof
  • hOnK (o:
    • View Profile
Re: ? Frostclan ? Cats and Joining Form
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 02:30:39 pm »
? The Clan ?

Leader:

Username::
Flatsoda
Cats Name::
Sandstar
32 moons
? / Tom
Leader
Personality::
Sandstar is something of a "strong and silent" type. He cares deeply for his clan and never ceases to worry about them and do his best to insure the clan's survival. He is deeply affected by the death of apprentices during their trial on the Barren Fields, especially because of his own past, but he knows that its a necessary part of the clan's survival and unity to continue this tradition. Still, if he could find a way to help the cats who must take this journey he would. Though he knows that Starclan is with them on their journey it doesn't ease his conscience much when he knows that he may be sending them to certain death. He has had issues with feeling incredibly lonely and the weight of responsibility that sits on him is sometimes almost too much for him to bear. With that in mind he DOES long for a reprieve from the duties of leadership but he would never give up the title to another cat, he simply wishes he had a sympathetic ear who would listen to him and his problems. Still, the thought of having a mate isn't something he sets out to "accomplish" he feels that it would be unfair to the she-cat to have a mate with so many problems and, with that being the case, he guards his heart fairly strictly.
History::
Sandstar is fairly young for a leader, that much is certain, and that in itself is a fairly unusual occurrence and testifies to the impossibly tough life he's lived so far. Sandstar, formerly Sandstreak, has been subjected to a large amount of battles and struggles that, few cats of Frostclan, have ever had to face. For one he was pushed as an apprentice and sent to the Barren Fields at only 8 Moons old. The fact that he survived was miracle enough, but to have him given his warrior name and then immediately thrown into battle, without so much as a nights vigil, should have been too much for any cat to take. Yet miraculously Sandstreak survived, barely, and went on to become a highly respected warrior within the clan. His youthful exuberance was uplifting to the clan and caused the down-turned spirits of his clanmates to feel a little hope. When he lost his mother and siblings in the next fight however, Sandstreak's spirits plummeted and he refused to eat or sleep. The medicine cat at the time, Frostfang, said that the young tom wouldn't last another moon if he moped about like he was. The clan lost hope in him and he was slowly fading when Starclan spoke to him. It was, in fact, his father who spoke to him in his dream. His father had actually been the clan deputy and had died in a fight while Sandstreak's mother was still pregnant so Sandstreak never knew him, yet when the star-encrusted tom-cat spoke to him and said that he was destined to become a great leader and had to snap out of his stupor. Needless to say Sandstreak snapped out of his stupor and worked hard as a warrior. At only 16 Moons he was deputy, and at 20 moons he became leader.
Crush/Mate:: None
Kits:: None
Kin:: Born an only kit
Other:: Sandstar if very skittish. If he did not see a cat walk up to him and suddenly one is there, he will bolt otherwise.

Deputy:
-I will assign this position after the roleplay starts so DO NOT ASK for this position-

Medicine Cat:
-

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
-

Warriors:
Picture coming soon
Username::
EvilSock
Cats Name::
Adderstrike
39 moons (2.6 Years)
Tom
Warrior
Description::
Adderstrike is a large, hulking brute of a cat. Despite his fair youth, he often looms above most other warriors, with his height greater than his length and width though his proportions do give him a slightly outward appearance. His thick verbose-long fleece is a solid dark brown, with a lighter more creamier variation for the underpelt. The texture of his pelt is smooth, but despite this he can often appear rugged. His bulky silhouette is rippled with fair amounts of endowed muscle, kept concealed within his layers of thick fur. Twin-sets of emerald jewels speculate the world around him, often with an uninterested dullness that can betray his actual sense of visual dedication to scan every blade of grass and thicket for potential threats and anomalies. He would appear to be quite the handsome fellow, if not for the scars of battles past that litter his embodiment from head to toe.
Personality::
Adderstrike is no saint, a serial sinner would be more accurate. He has lied, betrayed and even killed a member of his own clan in cold blood, though this is unknown to the rest of his fellow members. To the majority of the clan, Adder is at best neutral and never has a friendly word to say. His words are often blunt and to the point, he speaks his mind and in general is a very hotheaded cat who doesn't hesitate to raise his opinion. Proud and arrogant, he gives off a very cold and selfless vibe that often puts other cats off him; as a result, Adderstrike spends most of his time in solitude when not accompanying another cat on a patrol, but even then he tends to stray away by himself. Despite his lack of compassion for his clan, he actually puts them first before anything else- Constantly out hunting for the clan and checking the borders, his loyalty seems to be unwavering though at the same time, it is diminishing very slowly. He will not stand for loners, kittypets, other clan cats or rogues in the territory and will stop at no means to chase them off, or even kill them. A secret tyrant, he belittles all cats that he views as weak or less important than himself, such as Apprentices whom he despises for their apparent naiveness, and treats them like the scum of the Earth even after they've been approved as Warriors. He keeps his violent side contained around the Leader and Deputy, his persona often switching like a lightbulb to a more affirmed and dedicated soul who would stop at nothing to please the clan, even if this is performed through a false facade. Adderstrike is extremely ambitious and believes that the clan would run better in his own command, and as a result will stop at nothing in attempt to climb to the top of the pecking order, even if it means plotting the demise of specific cats in order to do so. He acknowledges this will take time, patience and common sense, but beneath all the patience, he is a ticking bomb waiting to explode.
History::
Adderstrike was the product of Fallenberry and Vipertalon, a lovable bundle of brown fluff who was the prize of the litter. As a kit he was always optimistic, continuously asking questions and pestering the Elders every single day until the day of his Apprenticeship, on that day however, his young life was to take a drastic turn for the worse. On his 6th moon, he had his ceremony and Darkstar chose the warrior Badgerclaw to mentor the young cat. At this time, Adderpaw could barely keep his excitement through his silent vigil. As soon as the sun rose, he practically flew to the Warriors den to wake his still sleeping mentor who swiped his ear in annoyance at being awaken at such short notice, Adderpaw was extremely rebuffed by this sharp rejection and spent the entire morning by himself under a sycamore tree, watching it's branches sway above him, he reflected sadly on why his Mentor wasn't as eager as he was to start training. To become the greatest warrior Frostclan had ever known! His anticipation at such a feat was extreme.

One day at 8 moons, when on a patrol with four other warriors including his Mentor, Adderpaw smelt something that wasn't very familiar. Quietly separating from the older cats, he spotted a shape quivering in the foliage. It was a small tom, who looked extraordinarily skinny. Curiosity overtook the young tom, and as he was about to inquire a voice resonated in the space behind him.
"Excellent, Adder. Now, why don't you show this little scrap the way out, mm?" Badgerclaw chuckled as he moved to the apprentice's side. What he meant was obvious, and the desire to please his Mentor was unexplainable. He had to do it. Without further adue, he rushed forward to meet no resistance as he toppled the weakened stranger over. A few scratches and nips to the opposite side, and finally Adder abruptly released the cat after hearing it yowl in pain. He looked on, confused.
"That was good, but next time.. Hold nothing back, Adderpaw, I expect this and more of you." He hissed.

For a few moons, Adderpaw and his Mentor spent more time together, training in fighting ruthlessly with so much intensity that after every session, Adderpaw was often left worn out until he slowly became used to it, and almost matched his Mentor in his combat skills despite his slightly smaller stature. He was often praised, it was the only thing that kept him so centred on becoming better. Becoming stronger.
Finally  at 11 moons, when Baderclaw bellieved that Adderpaw was ready, without any warning at all he was taken into the Barren Fields and left there. During the time when he was weak after not eating for two days, he encountered an emaciated looking fox, who hardly gave him the nonchalant eye, no, he went straight for Adderpaw. Already weak, Adderpaw was reluctant to fight against such a capable predator, but this fox was only just out of kithood, and just as weak as Adderpaw was without food. But Adderpaw had trained for many, many moons and would not let his efforts go in vain. The struggle between the two lasted for almost an hour, both sides extremely weak and deteriorating, but Adder had obtained many more wounds. His face and flanks had received the most attention, leaving him battered and bloody and close to collapsing, but still he remained standing, too weak to raise another strike against the fox. When he expected the final bite, it didn't come. Adderpaw opened an eye, the fox had vanished and he was by himself, why, he couldn't possibly fathom. He dragged himself to a long-abandoned rabbit hole, curled up and waited to die.

His death never came. The next morning, he was still breathing, still alive, still moving, but with such desolateness that he considered leaving his clan all together.  The wounds he had succumbed from the fox were still bleeding slightly and weeping, if he had spent much longer before his Mentor arrived to pick him up, he would've died. Badgerclaw had been extremely disappointed in the state of his battered Apprentice even though he survived, as all the clan seemed to be in Adder's eyes. After receiving his Warrior name, the young tom swore to himself that he would try harder, fight harder and strive harder to please his clan, but at the same time a strange hatred started to brew inside of him, that was aimed mostly toward Badgerclaw for dropping all faith in him. 

During a battle between a rival clan, Adderstrike seemed to have the advantage. Now older and a little more larger and experienced, he was quite capable of fighting cats including those who were larger and more experienced than himself. In one particular battle, he spotted his old Mentor being overcome by a group of three cats, Adderclaw waited in the wings, not doing anything to help until he saw the large tom fall to the ground, and the enemy cats move onto their next quarry. Adderstrike approached his ex mentor, glaring down at the beaten tom, and to his surprise could see that he was still breathing.
"Adderpaw.. Help me, get me to Poppywing." He croaked.
"Adderpaw? I'm not your apprentice anymore, you decaying piece of foxdung." Adderstrike spat mercilessly, the anger that had been contained was starting to overflow, his legs trembled until he finally couldn't bare to contain himself, without checking that any of his own clan was watching him, he lunged down and enclosed his teeth around the back of Baderclaw's skull, applying force until he heard a faint crack. Badgerclaw was dead.

Since then, Adderstrike lives mostly on the side of the clan, not really putting much effort into integrating with them though he still focuses on providing and protecting them, his future plans are of yet to be commenced.

Crush/Mate::
Himself.
Kits::
N/A
Kin::
Unknown
Other::
He has an inexplicable phobia of Robins.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Apprentices:
-
-
-
-

Queens:
-
-
-

Kits:
-
-
-
-
Please do not apply for this unless you have a Queen willing to take care of you!
Username:: Flatsoda

Elders:
-
-
-

? Cats outside the Clan ?
-Drivokych /ROGUE Form coming soon, going to fill out when she's introduced into the roleplay

? Character Forms: ?

REMOVE ALL THINGS IN BRACKETS! It makes it really hard to read when they're left in so please try to remember this.
Code: [Select]
CODE: SELECT ALL

[color=lightblue][Place cats picture here [color=red]MUST BE 150X150!]
[color=lightblue][b]Username::[/b]
[b]Cats Name::[/b]
[b]Age::[/b] [6-10 moons=apprentice]
[b]Gender::[/b]
[b]Rank::[/b] [Do not ask for deputy please]
[b]Description::[/b][If you cannot specify a picture, use this. Fur colour, eye colour, general build, scars ect. As detailed as possible]
[b]Personality::[/b] [Detail preffered]
[b]History::[/b] [Required, especially if you're a warrior, please explain your survival of the Barren Fields]
[b]Crush/Mate::[/b] [Specify which]
[b]Kits::[/b] [If any]
[b]Kin::[/b] [If any]
[b]Other::[/b]
[b]Roleplay Sample::[/b][/color]
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 09:51:21 pm by Embrastic »

Offline Flatsoda

• Finest Floof
  • hOnK (o:
    • View Profile
Re: ₪ Frostclan ₪ Prophecy and other stuff
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 02:39:10 pm »
₪ The Prophecy ₪
Starclan has not spoken yet, there is currently no prophecy.

₪ Other Tidbits ₪

Ceremonies
Warrior cat terminology
Warrior cat wiki-with info on anything you might need to know
Medicine Cat Herbs list
Scale

₪ Cats of Starclan ₪

Frost
- Original leader and creator of Frostclan. Snow white tom with one black foot and golden eyes.
Longshadow
-Previous deputy of Frostclan. Muscular gray tom with amber eyes.
Darkstar
- Former leader of Frostclan. Black tom with white patches and green eyes.
Poppywing
-Old medicine cat. Ginger tabby with pale green eyes.
Birdheart
-Small brown she-cat. Died in a battle many, many, many, moons ago.
Scarface
-Battle marred she-cat, was brutally injured by a fox, very cynical yet wise.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 04:47:35 pm by Embrastic »

Offline Flatsoda

• Finest Floof
  • hOnK (o:
    • View Profile
Re: ? Frostclan ? Season and Relationships
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 02:42:48 pm »
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 02:53:45 pm by Embrastic »

Offline Flatsoda

• Finest Floof
  • hOnK (o:
    • View Profile
Re: ? Frostclan ? Open! Semi-advanced literate warrior cast roleplay
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 02:48:38 pm »

OPEN!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 02:54:24 pm by Embrastic »

Offline Flatsoda

• Finest Floof
  • hOnK (o:
    • View Profile
Re: ? Frostclan ? Open! Semi-advanced literate warrior cats roleplay
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 02:59:56 pm »

'NUFF SAID

Offline Saylor156

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
Re: ? Frostclan ? Open! Semi-advanced literate warrior cats roleplay /map soon
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 04:16:07 pm »
This sounds fun! I'll join soon!

But a question first:

What is the average size you want for an adult cat? Sometimes people make them different.

Offline Flatsoda

• Finest Floof
  • hOnK (o:
    • View Profile
Re: ? Frostclan ? Open! Semi-advanced literate warrior cats roleplay /map soon
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 04:40:41 pm »
This sounds fun! I'll join soon!

But a question first:

What is the average size you want for an adult cat? Sometimes people make them different.

..... /add