Author Topic: Will wings change Feral Heart?  (Read 9407 times)

GamerGirl

Will wings change Feral Heart?
« on: December 27, 2011, 12:42:27 am »
I'm just raising this questions for a friendly debate, and because I want to hear what others have to say. Since the addition of wings in FH, many have been hit by a wing-craze. Everywhere you go, you see felines and canines with wings. Yet some have not caught this craze and think that wings and items (like the Christmas hat Kovu also added) will ruin the game, turning it into yet another Impressive Title.

My thoughts on the controversy is that the wing-craze will end after everyone gets used to them. Like the release of the game, everyone was crazy. Eventually this will die down and things will go back to normal. After all, this has been one of the biggest update since the release of the game. Also, on items: So far, the only item you can have is the Santa hat, so why would hackers try to get more items if everyone has them? I mean, I think Kovu has learned by now what works and what doesn't, so he's not going to give the hackers anything to hack. So far, I'm not going to go too deep into the items issue, because we don't know if Kov will add any more items.

Please, reply and tell me your view on wings and items in Feral Heart!

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
Re: Will wings change Feral Heart?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 01:33:24 am »
My thoughts on the controversy is that the wing-craze will end after everyone gets used to them. Like the release of the game, everyone was crazy. Eventually this will die down and things will go back to normal.

in the thread that KovuLKD posted about wings, someone pointed out that no one in IT ever got over wings, and that was there almost from teh very start. What makes FH so different, especially when people have been craving and begging for them forever. Wings are not something people just get over. This wing craze will not stop. there might be a small few more people with wingless characters eventually, but we will still be swarmed with winged characters.

Also, from what I have seen in screenshots (I haven't installed teh patch yet) the wings are just as bad as they were in IT, no detail, nothing good looking about them. They seem to fold better, but they are not nice looking at all, and do not suit the character models at all in my opinion.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline GaaraRocks!

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 01:46:55 am »
i totally agree with Kyugima here. The wings craze wont die out. When i actually played the game almost everyone there had wings. This wolf came up to me and asked me why my character didnt have wings. It was like shes was saying it was weird for me not to have them. I actually tested the wings out in Preset maker and the wings do not suit the models at all. The models look more on the realistic side, the wings dont.  Maybe kov should think about upgrading the wings in the future to make them look better not just a flat mesh with a texture on it. Something more like what super is doing for arokai's wings.

Offline wolfgrrl13

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
    • View Profile
    • Roleplay Land
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 02:07:29 am »
I've been a member of FH since May 30, 2011 at 10:26 a.m.  I have tried out the wings one time, for 2 minutes.  I have grown to love the old FH way better than the winged version.  There are some people that have been here longer than me that loves the wings, but some are newbies that didn't get to see how fun wingless characters could be.  I finally read some warrior books the other day and I want to be in my very first warrior rp.  I couldn't find any.  I've tried finding unrealistic WINGLESS wolf rps, but still, no luck.  I love FH, it's my favorite game in fact.  But I don't know if I want to go in-game anymore because I want to rp, and a good rp is hard to find now.

Offline cherrytimebomb

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Not my own picture. Found online~ <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 09:04:11 pm »
I think I'll stick to the wingless side of FH.... :D But I agree... the wing craze WILL NOT STOP.  Some of my chars are winged... but only two.... because of what they are.... Transformers.. JET transformers... And I do agree with the more realistic wing idea too. The wing are evn LESS detailed then IT's! And, Brittany? I have a wingless wolf rp. I just gotta use the wolf char more... XD Add me as a friend.. username is cherrytimebomb.  :D I'll invite you if you want!

GamerGirl

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 09:27:26 pm »
I'm starting to rethink my statement about the wing-craze, thank you for all giving your opinions!

Also, I agree with the unrealisticness of the new wings. There are barely any detail, and they do not fold very well. When I make a winged character lay down, I find it very messy looking. I think the concept of flying is a good one for fantasy roleplays, but the way it is shown in this game does not give it justice. I'm interested to see how Aro' Kai do wings with their owl and gryphon models.

Offline cherrytimebomb

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 09:38:06 pm »
I've seen arokai's models. :D I follow the maker on DeviantArt, and, I must say, they are IMPRESSIVE! They have much more detail then FH and they fold perfectly, though the gryphon is a little strange...

Offline aelitastar

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 02:11:22 am »
Im sorry, i am staying with the wingless side of FH. I mean, if wings get better texture and fold against the characters bodies? i'd have more then one or two winged. Im afraid to find what has become of rp's when i come back to FH.
I am not who I was when I last left here, from the years '11 through '13. I sincerely apologize for how rude and disrespectful I had been, and hope whoever I have wronged before can forgive my previous bad behavior.

James Wolf

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 02:16:04 am »
wings have already changed FH

Offline cherrytimebomb

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 04:26:40 am »
No wingless rps can be found. D: I have awingless warriors rp WITH a map, but I never uploaded the map to Mediafire, so it never got going. I WILL be doin that now that FH is just another IT. D':