Poll

which one would you like to play the most?

Dolphin!
2 (8.7%)
Falcon!
8 (34.8%)
Vulture!
2 (8.7%)
Parrot!
2 (8.7%)
meh. I like wolves and lions.
9 (39.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: new playable character models possibly?  (Read 3599 times)

Offline Moonwolf678

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Came back after a millenia.
    • View Profile
new playable character models possibly?
« on: January 04, 2012, 03:58:58 am »
 ;D so i has this kewl idea but i have no clue if you guys like it. so here we go!  subject says! playable character models! i would like dolphins and birds lol but if you think its a good addition, comment please! if not keep it to yourself or just vote in the poll ok i hope that you like it (especially Kovu) ok byes!  ;D
I need a new signature.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
Re: new playable character models possibly?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 06:02:28 am »
  This has been discussed so many times before. And I still say no. Just NO. And DOLPHINS? What? How would that even work? These animals do not suit FH whatsoever in my opinion. A bear? Possibly, that suits the theme more, But birds and dolphins? No, they don't fit.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Harkane

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 06:54:15 am »
^ This.

Offline Windance

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Om nom om om
    • View Profile
    • My Preset Thread
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 07:18:24 am »
A game called "Feral Heart" should obviously have more animals meshes than canines and felines, or it should be called something else. But with Arokai in the works I never see this happening. But the suggested ones in this thread...wouldn't make much sense at all in my opinion, especially dolphins...like whut? Land maps have land, dolphin die, the end.

Offline Moonwolf678

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Came back after a millenia.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 05:23:12 pm »
i was thinking of aquatic maps too ya know and besides i dunt want bears! theyre land animals! we need more variety!
I need a new signature.

Offline Windance

• Experienced Traveler
  • Om nom om om
    • View Profile
    • My Preset Thread
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 04:15:16 am »
i was thinking of aquatic maps too ya know and besides i dunt want bears! theyre land animals! we need more variety!
This is kind of a land animal game, and the majority of maps are huge land masses. Land animals can swim, and go on land...things with flippers are limited and they'd just be stuck to some areas, which I don't think would be too fun. I could see equine animals added, or other types of land mammals, but anything that can't at least go on two types of terrain would be severely limited.

Offline Lawcere

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 04:26:19 am »

Along with a great part of Fluorite, we now have Atlantis and the Last Cave maps which can serve aquatic characters, though to have strictly aquatic animals such as fish would be ridiculous. Unless FH later developed separate "worlds" (not just maps, but more like separate servers) for aquatic animals -only-, having a fish character "swimming" over land masses would be a bit strange.

Arokai is going to take a -long- time to come out. A long time. To have a greater variety of animals in FH wouldn't be so bad; deer, bear, horses, and dragons (we already have wings, who cares at this point?) would be neat additions to the game. Birds too, I think, would be fine; they're just as "feral" as a wolf, most can take to the air, water, and land, and we already have winged lions flying around.

But I doubt FH will progress much beyond wolves and lion models.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 04:28:08 am by Lawcere »

Offline rocky

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Rocky and the pic are copyrighted to me, DONOT use
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 08:27:13 pm »
I actually spoke to kovu himself awhile back. I brought up the point of adding equine,bovine,or,euclid animals models in to which he repiled "Im keeping FH feline and canines, thats what it was intended for" but I dont blame him since this game was sort of inspired by TlK which was centered around felines and very briefly canines in a way. Though I love my lion OC Ill admit it may be cool seeing horses,deer,etc but things such as dolphins, birds,etc would not fit the whole atmosphere of the game.This is why I donot agree with the addition of wings.

Offline Lawcere

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 08:56:19 pm »
Mhmm. People will just have to wait for Arokai if they want to play other animals.

Offline Windance

• Experienced Traveler
  • Om nom om om
    • View Profile
    • My Preset Thread
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2012, 03:19:53 am »
I actually spoke to kovu himself awhile back. I brought up the point of adding equine,bovine,or,euclid animals models in to which he repiled "Im keeping FH feline and canines, thats what it was intended for" but I dont blame him since this game was sort of inspired by TlK which was centered around felines and very briefly canines in a way. Though I love my lion OC Ill admit it may be cool seeing horses,deer,etc but things such as dolphins, birds,etc would not fit the whole atmosphere of the game.This is why I donot agree with the addition of wings.
I'd be nice if Kovu make a bit of a public statement about this, since I think a lot of people are giving their hopes up for some things that obviously won't happen in this game. The wings....didn't quite get how that matched the game but it was popular demand.