Author Topic: Meshes with Blender?  (Read 1121 times)

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Meshes with Blender?
« on: January 05, 2012, 03:51:52 am »
Ok, well im not sure this is the place to put this topic but i do want to make meshes to bring in game. There is Hammy's tutorial but no one is replying and its been about a month already.
I know how to make meshes but i dont know how to export them to a .mesh. I installed some files and it now exports to a .txml and .mesh, .scene and .mesh when i click either one it doesnt export to a .mesh only .txml and .scene. I have made many meshes and there no good in Blender they would be better in FH. If this has to be moved then please do so, if it needs to be locked for whatever reason it would be nice if i had an answer first.

Help would be very much appreciated and i will give karma, this is a question ive been meaning to ask for ages.

Thank you
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
Re: Meshes with Blender?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 04:14:09 am »
Alright, first, you need
OgreCommandLine Tools
download and install that first, and let it make its own folder in your (C:) drive.
Then, open your .blend file.
Go to export and export it into the folder that OgreCommandLine Tools made, (as a .txml) and then it should automatically convert it into a .mesh. If not, drag the .txml onto the OgreXMLConverter program and it will convert it into a .mesh file.

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 04:40:21 am »
^^^ also be sure to take a look at the material file generated, sometimes it is incorrect.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 11:40:16 am »
^^^ also be sure to take a look at the material file generated, sometimes it is incorrect.

I looked at the code and i dont understand it, files would come up as a .xml file not a .material file. The coloured meshes came with 6 material files and idk what to do with them, they showed up in Object Maker though but were too bright. I want to add a FH texture onto a mesh in Object Maker but it wont come up right. How do i make a material file for the mesh?

Thank you Ruby for that it really helped.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 08:50:24 am by Ingredient »
Will be inactive due to work and exams.