Author Topic: Not able to delete  (Read 1033 times)

Offline Sori

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Not able to delete
« on: January 06, 2012, 12:49:05 am »
I've been trying to delete everything that Feral Heart put on my computer to re-install completely but some of the folders refuse to be deleted, I have two folders left in the Feral Heart folder: media and textures. When ever I try to delete them, I get an error message saying; Cannot delete textures: It is being used by another person or program. Close any other programs that might being using the file and try again. Feral is un-installed on my computer yet these files won't leave along with it. If I try to delete the Feral Heart folder it comes up with the same thing. These folders have nothing inside them so I have no idea why my laptop insists on keeping them.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: Not able to delete
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 01:12:09 am »
If they have nothing inside them then i would just rename and use them for something else since you cannot delete it. The error that keeps appearing is appearing because you possibly have that folder open or someone else has. Check and make sure of that first, otherwise when re-installing just let the FH set up replace them.
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline fhamanda22

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: -1
  • "It's a very, very mad world" ~Gary Jules
    • View Profile
Re: Not able to delete
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 05:48:48 am »
I've had this problem myself and what I've done in this situation is to delete everything inside the folders and then delete the empty folder. I don't know why it needed to be done like that but -shrugs- it worked for me :) Hope it helps.

"All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and early for their daily races
Going nowhere, going nowhere"
     ~"Mad World" by Gary Jules

Avatar and signature photos edited by me <3