Author Topic: -Error Updates- Still having problems. Help would be great.  (Read 1944 times)

Offline MelRose

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • ~Temptation is a Beast~
    • View Profile
-Error Updates- Still having problems. Help would be great.
« on: January 10, 2012, 03:52:27 am »

I think I'm really starting to become a regular to this help section. It seems like every time i fix one problem several more spawn in its place. I'm really starting to lose hope here.

I noticed that I'm having the same exact problems as posted here but only while tying to run my FasterHeart modded version. When I run just the normal FH version everything works fine & I'm able to play. I now know that it has nothing to do with the way I've downloaded FH since it works fine un-modded. It also has nothing to do with my laptop because I've tried it with 2 other computers & i get the same error problem every time.
Then once i dug into the ogre.cfg file i noticed that the un-modded FH had a completely different text than the modded FH.

Below is a screenshot of the original unaltered ogre.cfg file for the unmodded FH:
x

Below is a screenshot of the original unaltered ogre.cfg file for the modded FH:
(Crashe after character selection & map connection page.)
x

Below is a screenshot of the FeralHeart. exe has stopped working error:
(Occurs after character selection & map connection page shows. Every once in a while a bad token will show up instead of this error.)

x

Below are FH Application errors taken via Windows Event Viewer:

x
xx
xxx
xxxx

I guess my question to you now is, am I missing an action sequence from the ogre file? or is it just set up completely wrong.

Also is it possible for me to get the download link to the 1.06 update. Im aware that it no longer works as is but I'm hoping to download the 1.06 version & the faster heart then download the latest patch to see if updating it works.

Please note the following:
`FasterHeart worked fine for me even with the new updates until I messed up & deleted FH. When i went to re-instal everything, FasterHeart no longer worked. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that it was built for the 1.06 update? But that doesnt explain why it only stopped working when it got deleted.

`Ive tried both the OpenGL & Direct3D9 Rendering systems & still get the FeralHeart exe. problem

`All my drivers are up to date.

`I've downloaded & installed everything multiple times, always making sure I delete everything FH related between attempts.

`It's not something that will fix itself within a few minutes to a day. Its been going on for over a week now.

`My connection to the server & internet connection is fine.

`I've tried this on multiple computers & FH Accounts.

`Changed the option of 'fastest' to 'consistent'

`Tried running it as an administrator

If your needing more info reguarding my system just let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Even if your not 100% sure, please feel free to join in ^^

« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 09:55:59 pm by MelRose »

Offline BlueKinTsukiko

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Still having problems. Help would be great.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 04:56:05 am »
Well like you said, you deleted it, so installing it might not work, I would re-download the installer, then try that, it should work. It wont work because once you delete something then try reinstalling, it kinda goes....er....dead. So Just downloading the set up ought to make it work, and use that one only. If the problem continues, then I wouldn't know how to deal with it. I would also recommend deleting the old installer you got also, to help fix the problem

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 07:12:05 am »
If there would be anything missing from the game it would get sorted if you reinstalled it, but only if you did it completely to make sure you get fresh new files from the installer, and no old ones laying around not getting overwritten.

You do say you crash before the kovuworks screen, but yet you have a screenshot in there that shows the loading screen for a map? Gets me a little confused.

However, if you do have crashes and it crashes the game right at startup, and switching  the rendering mode back and fourth doesn't help.

Go into FeralHeart\media\particles

and then delete and doublets of any particle if there's anyone that exist. They should go by the name _01 _02 etc. It's a bug anyone can get really.

But if that doesn't help, setting new rendering modes doesn't help. And installing a completely fresh game doesn't help. Chances are there's something with that computer of yours.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline MelRose

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 01:13:18 pm »

@Blue:
I have no problem when using just the installer for FH. Everything works fine & I'm able to play, the only problem with that is I get hit with wall after wall of lag. The normal unmodded FH is useless to me at this point. That's why i was attempting to re-download the FasterHeart.

@Red:
There's always the possibility of me overlooking an old file but after a week of looking i haven't found any extras laying around & I've pretty much searched everywhere.

That statement was a mistake, I was having that problem before i re-downloaded everything one last time. Surprisingly that took care of my auto crashing upon clicking the launch button. I just forgot to delete that bit.

For some reason every time I play the rendering systems automatically switch back & forth. I wish it could be as easy as me switching my renderings. I just get the same message at the same place even with different renderings. I've also checked the particles, I have no doubles.

At this point i really wouldn't be surprised if it was something wrong with my computer. With the understanding that it may just be my computer I decided to try it on 2 other computers but I got the same results. These two computers have been updated to the max & run FH like a breeze but have the same failure rate when it comes to FasterHeart.
 No matter how many times i ran through the files, double, triple & quadruple checked, nothing worked.

I went ahead & asked if an up to date version of FasterHeart could be made but im pretty sure theres bigger things Sly has to work on. Besides its not like all of FH is having this problem. Its only me so whats the point, Right?
But anyways ill continue to fool around with it & see if i can come across any other glorious problems. Hey maybe ill get lucky & actually fix it this time xD

Thank you both for the suggestions, ill be double checking everything you mentioned... again :]

« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 01:29:46 pm by MelRose »

Offline AirWolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Whatever I say, in-game or here, don't trust it.
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 03:07:08 pm »
i had same problem, BUT:
- change "Fastest" to "Consistent"
and it should be ok
DeviantArt: wolfcost.deviantart.com
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/wolfcost

Offline MelRose

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 06:17:13 pm »

Sadly changing the 'fastest' to 'consistent' didn't make a difference. Back to square one.

Offline WolfgangtheHusky

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 08:02:45 pm »
If there would be anything missing from the game it would get sorted if you reinstalled it, but only if you did it completely to make sure you get fresh new files from the installer, and no old ones laying around not getting overwritten.

You do say you crash before the kovuworks screen, but yet you have a screenshot in there that shows the loading screen for a map? Gets me a little confused.

However, if you do have crashes and it crashes the game right at startup, and switching  the rendering mode back and fourth doesn't help.

Go into FeralHeart\media\particles

and then delete and doublets of any particle if there's anyone that exist. They should go by the name _01 _02 etc. It's a bug anyone can get really.

But if that doesn't help, setting new rendering modes doesn't help. And installing a completely fresh game doesn't help. Chances are there's something with that computer of yours.
Thank you so much Red, it was crashing for me before the Kovuworks screen.
'Twas those pesky particles! XD
If you wish to contact me please seek my Deviant Art account~ WolfgangtheHusky.

Offline MelRose

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: -Error Updates- Still having problems. Help would be great.
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 10:04:00 pm »
-Update-
Added 'Windows Event Viewer' error report screenshots
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 10:05:48 pm by MelRose »

Offline MelRose

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 07:54:36 pm »
Bumping

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 08:38:15 pm »
If you did the things in my previous post I'd suggest you to run updates for your system since I doubt it's the game.

If you know for certain that you got a working "game" installer(not patch) that is working, and you installed it all clean removing the old version of FH, it's not the game.

As mentioned the game did go through some updates of the ogre engine it's running, which most likely means the game itself need more current versions of other software it uses.

If you download the game setup(not the patch) it should give you a directX setup directly after FH. DirectX is one of the components needed to play this game, and if you don't have it or run a butt old version of it, the game might not work at all. Though how well this directX installer work I don't know.

There's another thing that most likely needs an update too, and it's the Microsoft visual C++ Redistributable updated to a later, if not the latest version you can find.

The event viewer also mentions something about C++ Libraries so it might be something there.

If you run Windows Vista, or Windows 7, auto updater should take care of this just fine and update your system to the latest versions, but maybe you even got it turned off, and it that case you MUST go into your control panel and check for windows updates. Windows updates lay somewhere in the "Security tab" of it, or just called "Windows updates" if you have classic mode turned on. Scan for updates, and install the Important ones, restart the computer, and try the game again.

If you do not have windows update, or maybe run XP computer it might not update this? I'm not sure actually cause I don't use that OS anymore.

Only try this if you do not have C++ on your system(You can easily check if you have a recent version from around atleast 2010 installed in your program and features tab where you remove programs.

For 32 bit windows OS
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=5555

For 64 bit windows OS
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=14632

Make sure you pick the right one used for your system since it matters, ask someone that knows which one you use if you do not know. Otherwise I should be able to help you somehow.

Here's DirectX download
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=8109

If you couldn't run windows updates, C++ update didn't cut it, download that aswell and run the installer and make sure you restart your system after it's done.

If that doesn't cut it either, just try to update your Graphic card drivers as well. And if it still doesn't work, I simply cannot help you. I know this did the trick for other users though, and all along they had an outdated system because they didn't take care of it, something that's expected since the mods here are far from a PC clinic.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 08:40:00 pm by Red »
Former community manager of FeralHeart