Author Topic: Ideas, ideas and Some more ideas  (Read 11595 times)

ZombieKitteh

Re: Ideas, ideas and Some more ideas
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2012, 03:26:10 pm »
I like most of these, especially the mods in groups. Would make own rolepalys so much easier :'D Say if someone is recruiting and the leader of said groups are offline, etc.. Typical stuff.

All of these are good ideas. c: I'm not sure if I'd like the chat bubbles, clock or different head freezing options though. Then again we could always have the option to toggle them on and off?

One thing I think should be adressed in Feral-heart is muzzle options for both models, well more so. Like- if I want to have a normal, domestic cat character, the muzzle, even if I shrink it down, still looks like a big cat muzzle and jaw :c And shrinking them all the way makes it look silly in some cases, so meh. xD

Offline Jayfeather55

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 165
  • It's been 6 years?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2012, 05:38:16 pm »

Great ideas ;3
That is all. I agree with everything ;D

Offline Kelhati

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • People need to learn your age isn't your IQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2012, 02:14:15 pm »
Loving these ideas, but what about climbing? Would there be any way to make that possible in-game, or at least easier than it is now? I've seen a lot of RPs where someone has posted about climbing into a tree, had to try to glitch up it, then just stand at the bottom and say to pretend they're in it. I had to give my Warrior Cat wings for a minute so I could get up into a tree. And plus, when you have a small character, you tend to go INSIDE the tree.
And, would the ability to change your name in-game be too complicated? On the same cat, when he got his clan name, I had to go back to edit the character and change the name from Bobber to LeopardPelt. Then I couldn't manage to get back in for a few hours as I drowned in the sea of bad tokens and failed attempts to connect to the server, and when I finally could no one was around anymore.

Another thing, something like the group initials in a line under the name idea. I'm sure everyone here has seen someone that has to have their species in their name to avoid confusion, could there be a line or spot or something, anything, for just this? Sure, people put it in their bios, but more often than not unless others are told, they will not read someone's bio. On my old fennec I had "Species: Fennec Fox" as almost the first words of the bio, and still everyone thought I was a pup or coyote until I put it in my name. But then, sometimes when someone said my name they would put the species there too, as if it were a last name. -facepalm-
Plus, some characters have a long name, and can't fit it.

A little nitpick: A different position for flying? It just.. looks.. really dumb to me right now.. It barely looks like they're flying to me sometimes.  The position is fine for hovering, but when you're giving chase the whole flying thing is kind of dumb, given the speed and position. A small change of position when you start moving, the hind legs moving more back, everything straightening up a bit, would maybe look nicer.
Also, has anyone noticed you seem to be naturally looking up more than you're supposed to while flying? That's a tad annoying. Have to look down and freeze just to kind of be looking ahead.

Also, somewhere I saw an idea for paw pad colors; Instead of the trouble of an animation for lifting a foreleg so you can see, there could  be an image of a paw pad somewhere that's of the same shade and texture as the one on the foot. Problem solved.

Also also, *cough*http://tinyurl.com/7vs28xg*cough*
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 03:38:14 pm by ChervilChewer »
Hold fast to your dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird, that cannot fly.
DeviantART
PleaseClick

Offline Ouuka

• Ramine's Nuudel
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Burp
    • Blue-Rakuen
    • SliferBeau
    • View Profile
    • Blue-Rakuen DA
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2012, 08:30:21 am »
Dam red, awesome ideas o.O never thought of some of them.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2012, 06:15:44 pm »
Bumping this thread since I do believe many would find it nice reading the list if they haven't.

Also fankies for the replies. And that link you sent chervil looked extremely nice, would probably be rather complex to set it up though.

Yet 2 more ideas added with some help from ze communiteh.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 06:32:37 pm by Red »
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline bluesnow26

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • I don't settle for second. Finish the puzzle.
    • TheShadowCherry
    • bluesnow261
    • @bluesnow2610
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART~
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2012, 06:26:10 pm »
i agree with all of them except the chat bubbles. we need to be able to see wat we r doing and if a bubble chat comes by, it blocks he view. mai best counter arguement

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2012, 06:31:25 pm »
Chat Bubbles
Yes, we do want them. These bubbles would do so much for the game as well, not only because it's fun to have them. In IT some users got used to look at these bubbles instead of the chat, it also gave local a bigger reason to talk into it instead of clogging up other chats, it also helps new as old users to easier identify who's saying what, and would still do if it were added today. If someone doesn't like this idea for the reason of it "Covering up your screen" or "looking ugly", just give it an on/off option like IT had, and the few users that do not like it can just keep it off. Chat bubbles do tend to make things more fun for some reason.

If someone doesn't like this idea for the reason of it "Covering up your screen" or "looking ugly", just give it an on/off option like IT had, and the few users that do not like it can just keep it off. Chat bubbles do tend to make things more fun for some reason.

Herpaderp.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline WhysoSerious?

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Fear the Cookie-Shotgun !
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2012, 10:12:09 am »
Oh yes, the RAWR & HOWL spamers xD
Epic ideas Red! -patting Reds shoulder-
But i also realy hate it when you are in a peacefull RP and super much other people take over the world and you lose the other comments. Thats bad, mostly by RP samples .3.

Offline Caesar

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -1
  • I wish the 2011 Feral Heart would come back. :I
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2012, 03:57:43 pm »
Everyone most likely have some sort of ideas or like the ideas and suggestions from other users. There's of course the bigger needs and the more smaller ones. Even though we shouldn't beg for things over and over, it never hurts to point out a few things you think are worth to put out for everyone to see. Feel free to take a few minutes away from your life to read these suggestions.

Of course I'd love to see some more actions, more than anything, or possibly preys you are able to hunt(and possibly nom afterwards?), this thread is in more general about ideas, ideas that I've either come up with from the back of my head, or seen here on the forum, in the game or from friends. Ideas that I personally think would improve FH in so many ways. Even though some ideas might not be at everyone's likings, I tried pretty much to put down general ideas that shouldn't give too much of a "YES!" and a "NO!" side. More like a group gathering point of view and hope of seeing it. Some are new, some are old, but I'd say they are all great ideas that should be put into the game if possible.

Superduperawesomesauce list that redders think should make it into the game:
  • Users Being able to set pawpad colours
    As some might know, we had this "official poll" here on the forum when we first started up. This was the question, if we were to have own colours for the paw pads or not. This is an idea that should be possible to make as far as I know, and it wouldn't exactly hurt anyone if it existed. If Possible, maybe even make an "action/animation" when the character holds up 1 paw in the character creations screen for easier looks of the colours. Maybe even later on implement that action into the game so you can use it as an action? I think everyone would love to see something like this in the future.
  • Chat Bubbles
    Yes, we do want them. These bubbles would do so much for the game as well, not only because it's fun to have them. In IT some users got used to look at these bubbles instead of the chat, it also gave local a bigger reason to talk into it instead of clogging up other chats, it also helps new as old users to easier identify who's saying what, and would still do if it were added today. If someone doesn't like this idea for the reason of it "Covering up your screen" or "looking ugly", just give it an on/off option like IT had, and the few users that do not like it can just keep it off. Chat bubbles do tend to make things more fun for some reason.
  • Being able to view group bio from group invites page
    Haven't you ever gotten a group invite from a group you have no idea what it is? Well you are not alone, and I bet you probably wanted to check up on this group, and then had to search for it instead of being able to view the bio directly. What I pretty much think would help this is another options on the actual invitation page, that when you click the "Reject" or "Reject" menu, you should also have one that says "Group Bio". That way you are able to see what group that maybe invited you without notice more easier.
  • Users being able to give mod privileges within their own group
    Seen this suggestion from others before, and some even scream for it. This is pretty much needed for several reasons when it comes to those that actually rely on their groups in the game. Groups do work as the mainframe for many Roleplays that goes on within the game, and being able to structure it up is needed. This suggestion is pretty much that the creator of the group can assign mods within the group, that can accept/kick members to help recruit for roleplays, but also take care of those not wanted anymore. The mods wouldn't be able to kick the group creator though, and if for some reason the creator would leave carelessly, the first mod assigned would be given the group unless the group creator "Kills" the group(Also a new options that should be added).
  • Auto following head + Eyes
    Yet another idea suggested by users before and it's worth to bring up again. This exists in IT as well, and is really a nice thing to have around, it does tend to make the characters more alive no matter how it's done. If a character is marked by a mouse click, and then runs away, the character in the game that has them marked, should have their head following their movements. This makes users able to make their character seem like the have attention on someone without the need to constantly look at them in f2 mode. The eyes is a part of this as well, if you as a character would  look behind you, and you cannot get the character to move their head any further, the eyes should  move that little extra, so it actually seems like they try to look backwards. It's a fun and nice little touch that never got moved over from IT, and I hope it does.
  • Being able to turn off collboxes completely in the map maker
    Most map makers probably know about this, though I don't know if everyone would find great need of it, however. When inside the map maker(not the test mode as a char), you are not able to turn off the yellow collisions that are shown from objects. This can cause lag for some simply because they place lots of vegetation in their maps that soon enough fills their screens with lots of yellow transparent boxes that slowly strangles their framerate. This is not a "big" issue, but for some it can be quite the mess.
  • Fix the "Tongue" emote
    This one is easy to explain. When any user in the game uses the tongue emote(Felines at least), their tongue doesn't really look placed correctly and instead being between their somewhat lips, it looks like it's placed inside their chin slightly under, not between. Small yet easily noticeable flaw.
  • Official Maps loading screens has actual screenshots from the maps linked to them
    This is a thing I have thought about quite some while, and it would make things feel more based around the world that we play in. Lets assume we will have a more official maps in the future and more structure. Wouldn't it be nice if that when a users enter a portal leading to a certain map, a screenshot taken on the actual map is assigned to show every time you enters it. For example "Welcome to.... *Big screenshot with a jungle and a text saying "FeralHeart Jungles"*. Sound like something extremely nice to have, and even though it's not the biggest guide, it would also guide new members but also give maps a clearer signature to users within the game.
  • More Feralheart music
    This is one of the not so important ones, but I think it should be put out here again. Many players of the game seem to want more music for the game. I wonder if it's possible to find some more suiting free music for the game that everyone can enjoy, if not then it would be understandable really.
  • Actual ingame time with icons assigned to it!
    Oh boi, where to start this. Lets just say I'd love love to see this getting put inside the game for more than 1 reason. But lets explain it first. What I want to see is an actual ingame time for the nights, days, dusk and dawns. For example in the top right corner of the screen when playing, there would be an icon that displayed an "ingame time" and not a real life one. If it was 11 am in the game, it would be 11 am in the game for everyone. These times would also match an icon placed above, so if it were night time in the game there would be a moon over the clock, if it was dawn, there would be a half orange sun. I think you get it by now. Users within the game would also be able to set up meetings easily if they wanted to use it within the RP or whatnot. Great addition!
  • Thunderstorm weather effect
    Another thing from IT that is dearly missed. Pretty much allowing us to have thunderstorms with sound effects and flashes. Improving from IT as well, when a thunder strikes it would be perty coolz if they sky and the characters flashed slightly from it before the actual thunder sound comes out from the speakers. Also, why not add weather effects to the official maps in the future? It would improve things greatly as well. I can see a pack of random users crawling a random tree away from the rain because they can <3.
  • Gloom effect added into options
    As in IT and many other games that exists they have this "Gloom" options. Now the IT one might not be the best example that exists, but I gladly see such an graphics option in the game FH as well, back in IT I used to have it enabled all the time cause I found it more pretty to look at things. Sure I have gotten used to the way FH looks by now, but it would be a fun thing to have in the future.
  • Markers on the Mini map for the portals
    Awmygawd another IT thing? Yep... Another onezz. Why not be able to view the portals on the minimap really? Since you can zoom out on mini maps with the mouse by clicking, you should be able to locate portals as well. Not something that's extremely needed either, but it's a slight of "why not" idea.
  • Revamp that heightmap!
    Why not upgrade that mini map some in general? It would be nice if your mini map showed the users way north, south, east and west is located, also why not add some sort of smexy boarder on the heightmap mini map image that is displayed in the game instead of just the image itself? let it blend in some more with the rest of the in game hud ya?
  • Being able to TAG your custom maps!
    Here's another one I find very important for a game like FH, and many users have discussed this in many threads before, some have suggested this while others might have suggested just plain out not so smart ideas. In this case I talk more about a field in the map maker that you can choose to check and use if you want(No musts). When checked, it will give you yet another field to write name of the creator of the map in. And once someone enter the map, the creator name will be shown for you a few seconds EVERYTIME you enter the map. This will not prevent users from claiming maps, but those who still does are rather dumb and fill certainly not trick anyone since it says for everyone who the actual creator is. Good idea me thinkzzz.
  • Slower running speeds
    Rather simple one here and is probably one people are able to discuss of the list, but to be really honest I find the running speeds in the game just slightly to fast for the characters, they move a great distance too fast, and maps that should be big for real, is not. Maps with great detail automatically doesn't get the same attention at times and in general the FH worlds feel smaller than they are, by just lowering the running speeds slightly we'd have a bigger game on auto even though it wouldn't be a visible change.
  • Make shorter distance for local chat
    This is nothing that is extremely needed, but lets use this thought for a map like bonfire. The chats might seem chaotic just because the local range is actually rather far away. It gets flooded easily because users are able to read others sayings via local even though they aren't that close. I'm not looking for a GREAT change when it comes to the distance since it might would be silly to be forced to stand almost directly next to a user, but just make the range slightly lower than it is now would improve everything slightly, and would local more "local-ish". Not to mention if chat bubbles were added, it would reduce cludder at some times. As said, not a must.
  • Water splash and other various sound effects
    Another IT thing that should've moved over to FH. When a user jumps into the water it should make a "splash" sound. It's really fun to play around with it at times and would be a nice addition to the game over all. Just adding ambient sounds maybe? Or set up the textures that you assign in the game to give out various sounds as you run over it. For example a few cracking sounds when you walk over snow and ice, maybe add a more gravel-ish sound when you walk over gravel or dirt. Sounds does A LOT in a game and would raise a few bars if it was set up here.
Having new weather would be cool an also claws maps like the temple only have day and night but if maps could have other weathers and stuff that would be nice tosee music i dont care for music really have im sure it will take time to do all this stuff so all of us can wait :D

Offline Raoran

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Don't forget about taking care of yourself. Love u
    • Raoran
    • Flyingtoyoublue
    • Shira_Wolf
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2012, 08:21:27 pm »
I have more ideas. ^^

What about groups? Say your group has enemies or allies, you'd have a box of both of them and if you're the group creator you could send a request to be allies with another group and see the members who are in that group in the map in the upper left corner. If you have more than one group there would be different colors for them and the members would be the same colored dot as the group is on the map. Enemies would be dark colors but no request would be needed... or maybe it would? Not sure. :D

The group creator would have three (or less) trusted people on a list 'Co-leader(s)' or something similar to add more members when he/she is gone.  :P
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 08:32:33 pm by Raoran »