Author Topic: Export Glitch  (Read 1255 times)

Offline Leneka

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Export Glitch
« on: January 12, 2012, 02:16:53 am »
Ive posted on this subject a couple times already, but I would have figured that it would have been fixed by now. Im sick and tired of having to copy my objects and terrains elsewhere, reinstall, copy them back, delete the extra crap that was deleted b4 but always comes back, and then delete double particles and THEN be able to get on the game again.

And so I plead.

PLEASE FIX THIS

Offline Zaephyr

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
  • The Derpinater
    • View Profile
    • Atrum Lux
Re: Export Glitch
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 01:12:50 pm »
The only glitch I know of is the double particle glitch.

Also, this should be in the suggestions thread, not in the help section, seing as you're not actually requesting help, but calling for a glith to be fixed.

On another note, be patient. The glitch is known, and it will eventually be fixed, posting multiple threads about it wont get it fixed any faster, just be patient.

Offline Leneka

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 01:03:29 am »
Well then you would be glad to know I havent posted multiple threads on it. I simply said that I've stated on it several times. And I do think this is right, as im not suggesting anything. Not once did I say, "I think the game should or shouldnt have this        "

But yes, Im glad it's known, it's just frustrating to see that the site is getting all prettied up with new pictures while this very troublesome glitch remains and has caused me to lose an entire map already. And this glitch has been around since the wings and dash came out.

And no, this isnt the particle glitch, as I pointed out, this happens with or without particles, and even after I delete the doubles.

Offline galania

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 01:20:26 am »
leneka ispartly right but so is zephyr. it's just a misphrasing of words you need to rephrase your opening.

also lenaka you may want to rephrase your opening post. tell what the problem is and as is there a way to solve this.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 01:22:11 am by skyblade »

Offline Rainbowfur

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • cut my life into pizzas this is my plastic fork
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 01:44:31 am »
I don't know if this will help...But it's worth a try:
When I first started on Feralheart, I ended up not having an exports folder, (don't ask why I didn't just re-download the game lol fail) so, with many months of experimenting, I found this out:
When you have a map zipped file and you unzipped it, you find many different files, this is what I do with them:
.fhm file(s) goes into Feralheart>media>terrains
.object file(s) goes into Feralheart>media>objects
.fho file(s) goes into Feralheart>media>objects
.mp3 file(s) goes into Feralheart>media>objects OR Feralheart>media>music
.particle file(s) goes into Feralheart>media>particles
.fhs file(s) goes into Feralheart>media>sky
Hope this helps  :)
profile pic by me
mapmaker/preset maker
PM me for commissions^^

Offline Leneka

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 12:18:09 am »
Lol, that isnt the problem Rainbowfurry, although I'n sure someone else might have the same problem you did and would be happy to see someone found a solution.

So, the thing with mine is clearly stated. I export a map, close  the game, (if it has particles I make sure to delete the doubles it makes on its own) then when I go back into game, it crashes. The window pops up, greys out, and then the little pop up comes up and says Feral Heart Is Not Responding (or something like that) then it "checks for a solution" (which when does it ever find one?) and then says Solution Is Not Found, and the only option is to click Cancel. And this happens every single time I export maps.

And I'm not the only one who has this problem, and I was just slightly frustrated because every time I export, I have to copy my "Objects" and "Terrain" and sometimes my "Sound" folders, save them else where, reinstall the game, copy the folders. and past them in the "Media" folder. And I have forgotten to do this on more than one occasion, meaning I lost some amount if not all the work I had done before. So you can imagine just how extremely annoying and stressful this is.

And to put it more simply, this has been happening since Christmas Eve .... or day (when the wings and dash came out) and it hasnt been fixed, and yet here the site is getting all prettied up. Thats even more frustrating.

Now dont get me wrong, I love the new pictures and new things to look at and yada yada yada, but I think that can take a back seat until this stupid bug gets fixed.

LOVE the game btw, just annoyed and frustrated.

Offline Rainbowfur

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • cut my life into pizzas this is my plastic fork
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 03:25:15 pm »
Oh, I'm sorry lol, I see the problem now -facedesk-
I unfortunately have never seen that problem before, so I don't know what to do. The only people that may be able to help you out is Red, or the other mods and administrators. :/
profile pic by me
mapmaker/preset maker
PM me for commissions^^