Author Topic: keyboard & Settings.cfg Does not update.  (Read 1117 times)

Offline Brickstin

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • Bricksquad
    • View Profile
    • Bricksquad
keyboard & Settings.cfg Does not update.
« on: January 15, 2012, 12:36:43 pm »
I am going to bring this up again: as I have brought this up a year ago and a half when I first joined here into the F-H community

Keyboard.cfg does not properly update all the way up to five keys get saved but other keys still do not stay when making changes to customize on which Keys I want binded and assigned.

This goes for the same for the settings.cfg files as well: other main settings do not properly save (example: Arrival chat does not save it's selected setting" )

Another example is that when Say for example taking the binded key Groups from Period "." and moving it to "G" Key.. It doesn't change the CFG File Keyboard: It only refresh it but does not bind it into the file for future  reading from FH.exe The executable would bind the G key but the Period Key would still remained Binded as well. There for two Keys are running the Group Key.. This goes for the same for several other Commands as well: at least listed here but not limited to the following:

Run Mode
Rise
Fall
Show/hide GUI
Show Chat
Toggle Minimap
Show Actions
Show friends
Show Party
Show Group"

Each of those areas listed including more most are not changable: They cannot be re-binded to another key function permanently and loose it's saved function upon restart and exiting of the game.

The CFG file does not properly update it's KEY # Numeric ID according to Standard keyboard Layouts.

Those are the major issues and concerns that I have with the game: IS the script writer going to address this situation? Is there anything I can do to help assess the situation? I have written scripts for Starsiege Tribes community and worked with some scripts. Perhaps I could be of some help: but I don't know what kind of language the FH executable was written in. Perhaps I could recommend a great coder named Kody Aka Waterfox whom is registered within this community as well.

Please after so many patch updates this situation has never been fixed: So I beg any of the code writers and software language writers to take my plea into consideration.

Sincerely yours,
                          Erick J. Vasquez

~Former user of Impressive Tittle (Screwloose)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 12:47:25 pm by Brickstin »

Offline Brickstin

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • Bricksquad
    • View Profile
    • Bricksquad
Re: keyboard & Settings.cfg Does not update.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 12:06:09 am »
Bump

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
Re: keyboard & Settings.cfg Does not update.
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 03:53:28 am »
Hmm. Regular FH users, and even mods aren't programmers, which makes this a very difficult thing for us to answer indeed.

I would suggest you send Razmirz a PM regarding this matter, and possibly a link to the thread. Hopefully he'll be able to help you with this matter.

Edit: Many apologies that your thread was not addressed sooner.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 03:55:10 am by Sameth »