Author Topic: Can't change/reset home - Help?  (Read 5087 times)

Offline Varagena

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: -7
    • View Profile
Can't change/reset home - Help?
« on: January 15, 2012, 11:16:45 pm »
I'm stuck with that black screen in FH+ unless I test, but I don't want to just play by testing.  Whenever I try to change my home, it won't let me type the name.  Reseting doesn't change it.  Please help! 
I see you.....MWAHAHAHAHA.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: Can't change/reset home - Help?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 12:22:10 am »
The solution to the FH+ blackness

http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=13593.0

Were you able to change your home before? Try re-installing the game and see if it makes a difference.
Im sorry, i do not have FH+ so if none of this works then im sorry i couldnt be much of a help.

Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Varagena

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 01:34:02 am »
That's not the glitch I'm talking about!  I can't change my home!  I've reinstalled the program at least 20 times! 

JazzForLife

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 03:12:51 am »
You're not supposed to be able to type in the Home section. Resetting doesn't help? Once you reset it, it should go to Bonfire Island I believe, for FH+. Not sure if they've gotten the update yet.

I'd click Set Home and see if anything changes. If it does, click Reset Home. Then Go Home. If nothing changes at all, I'm not sure.

Offline Varagena

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 04:54:14 pm »
I've tried all that.  Why can't I type in the box that is clearly meant for typing!? 

Offline Taramafor

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 01:16:36 am »
This is the exact same problem both myself and my gal have had (on different comps). The way I sorted it out was to put on the none plus version of feral hearts and THEN set home to bonfire island. After that, I logged out and logged into the plus version and it was fine.

Unfortunatly, it doesn't help my gal much as she keeps getting an error when downloading the none plus version. So I just have to hope there's some other way to fix it or that it installs for her. I really wish there was a way to set your home by typing it in a game file as well as having to log in and getting issues whre you can't click the typing area in the home section (which is exactly what has happened to me and her).

Edit: If you get the "bad token" error, just make antoher character (you can still have the same name. Just create another character) and that should sort it out. The Bad Toekn error on the character it happens on resolves itself sooner or later from what I hear (though considering someone mentioned waiting 2 weeks I'd rather just make another character).
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 01:24:40 am by Taramafor »

Offline Varagena

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 04:21:38 pm »
This is the exact same problem both myself and my gal have had (on different comps). The way I sorted it out was to put on the none plus version of feral hearts and THEN set home to bonfire island. After that, I logged out and logged into the plus version and it was fine.

Unfortunatly, it doesn't help my gal much as she keeps getting an error when downloading the none plus version. So I just have to hope there's some other way to fix it or that it installs for her. I really wish there was a way to set your home by typing it in a game file as well as having to log in and getting issues whre you can't click the typing area in the home section (which is exactly what has happened to me and her).

Edit: If you get the "bad token" error, just make antoher character (you can still have the same name. Just create another character) and that should sort it out. The Bad Toekn error on the character it happens on resolves itself sooner or later from what I hear (though considering someone mentioned waiting 2 weeks I'd rather just make another character).

I'm not getting the bad token error.  And my computer won't let me get the old FH.  It says it isn't commonly downloaded and may harm my computer. 

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile

Offline Varagena

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 03:55:06 pm »
Dude, that, like, fixed the twenty-some glitches I've been having.  Thank you so much! 

Offline Varagena

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 04:20:25 pm »
Gah!  New glitch!  Now, it won't let me visit the cape of distant worlds!