Author Topic: Is it just me or is this game full of cliques  (Read 5575 times)

Ryve

Is it just me or is this game full of cliques
« on: January 23, 2012, 01:15:32 am »
What i'm talking about it, new people (such as myself) join and try to get in rp, only to be ignored. I'm not sure what this is about but it seems like this game is full of cliques and they do not seem to want to incorporate new players. Is this true or am i just logging on at the wrong time?

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
Re: Is it just me or is this game full of cliques
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 01:41:28 am »
...I'm not sure how that's a cliche. I think it's just people being jerks.

Offline galania

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 01:52:05 am »
theres probalby some cliques out there i am sure. some rps only accept semi literate or literate roleplayers. but hers the funny thing literate means being able to read and has nothign to do with writing thats what i find funny. the fct that semi lit and literate have becoem terms in an rp is kidn dumb because everyone can read an rp. grammar is never factored into literacy they are two seperate things. so yeah it's msot likely they are either jerks or cliques or they ahve too many roleplayer in there group and don't liek tto talk to newbs

Offline DarkendStride

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Got herbs?
    • View Profile
    • Meh Youtube channel~ <3
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 01:58:09 am »
Well, it really depends on a lot of things; I don't think there are too many Cliques in FH.
Some RPs only accept Literate players, or players that can read and write properly with little to no mis-spellings. Also, Literate can imply being mature as some people think there is a correlation between the two!

Dunno, you really just have to shop around for a RP that you like. Also, make sure they're actually accepting players.  :P

~Kekitan
This is not the wolf you are looking for.~ - Waves paw -

Offline galania

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 01:59:12 am »
nevermidn and for the record kekitan your not using literate the way it's supossed to be used. it means you can read has nothing to do with grammar. pretty much any rp can be literate even if you make spelling mistakes as long as you can read lol. ahh the irony of fh's idea of literate.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 02:08:45 am by skyblade »

Offline DarkendStride

• Curious Wanderer
  • Got herbs?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 02:01:45 am »
literate is not grammar. literate means you can read never call soemoen illiterate jsut becuase they can't spell you!
Erm...?

Quote from: Dictionary.com
Literate:
1. able to read and write.
Reference: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Literate

Just putting that out there. :3

EDIT:
Actually, it's exactly what everyone says it is AND it includes grammar.
I'm just putting this out there, to avoid further confusion about the word! ^^

EDIT 2:
I really do love a good debate. But, I think I have this one slightly locked up.

Also there is no such thing as having different opinions of literacy it has one definition only! means you can read look it up in dictionary.
That is the definition above, making your statement an opinion differing from the original definition of the word.

i laugh at peopel who say you illiterate because if that was true we wouldn't be able to read and also peoepl are jsut jerks
If "Illiterate" is NOT able to read and write, then the opposite must be to be able to read and write. I.E. Literacy

Umm... I think that's it!
But, you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that. :3
Now, I shall go roam the forums! :D

~Kekitan
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 02:11:58 am by Kekitan »

Offline galania

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 02:10:10 am »
yes but you can't go out and  say someones illiterate jsut becuase they a spell few things wrong. i am very very literate you knwo problem is i have adapted to rpign fast becuase in fh you have to type fast . honestly kidn of hard not too this why i rp with friends who won't be rude and call me illiterate eveyr five seconds or few days. it doesn't matter how much  someone can write or weather they make a mistake ocasionally what matter is how well the rp and if there sentances make sense.

i ahve many many peopel say i am illiterate and others say mistakes happen. it is rude to call someone illiterate some peopel ahve even asked me if i have an education yes i do  i say and they say you never went to school or i do not believe you there are cyberbullies on this game.

the mistakes you see now are the result of being a fast typer. no one types slowly all the time. it would take a logn to get a reply out if i was typing slow
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 02:24:45 am by skyblade »

Offline DarkendStride

• Curious Wanderer
  • Got herbs?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 02:14:05 am »
yes but you can't go out and  say your illiterate jsut becuase you spell few things wrong. i am very very literate you knwo problem is i have adapted to rpign fast becuase in fh you have to type fast

Well, the little debate we had there was really just about the word. Running around and calling people "Illiterate", which I might add has nothing to do with this topic, would be rude in my opinion. :3

So, I agree with you on that point?
Anyways, I think this has gone off-topic enough and I'll stop continuing.

~Poofs to another topic~

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 02:54:27 am »
yes but you can't go out and  say someones illiterate jsut becuase they a spell few things wrong. i am very very literate you knwo problem is i have adapted to rpign fast becuase in fh you have to type fast . honestly kidn of hard not too this why i rp with friends who won't be rude and call me illiterate eveyr five seconds or few days. it doesn't matter how much  someone can write or weather they make a mistake ocasionally what matter is how well the rp and if there sentances make sense.

i ahve many many peopel say i am illiterate and others say mistakes happen. it is rude to call someone illiterate some peopel ahve even asked me if i have an education yes i do  i say and they say you never went to school or i do not believe you there are cyberbullies on this game.

the mistakes you see now are the result of being a fast typer. no one types slowly all the time. it would take a logn to get a reply out if i was typing slow

I type extremely fast as well and the only words I misspell are the, they there and such because I have a bad habit of typing the e before the h.... So I do not see what your excuse is for extremely terrible writing.... Sorry for being offensive, but typing fast is no excuse for terrible spelling.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 06:16:46 am »
Also there is nothing wrong with typing fast, then pausing to take the time to spell check your posts. If people are impatient then that's their problem.