Author Topic: Highly Important Notice To All FH Users Updated 27/1/12  (Read 341674 times)

Offline Falconwing

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Highly Important Notice To All FH Users
« Reply #150 on: January 24, 2012, 01:28:46 am »
/rant/

I disagree with much of this.  It is not Feral Heart's responsibility to monitor other peoples children, nor should they take that upon themselves.  I don't disagree with requiring children under 18 to have parent/guardian permission, however it is NOT possible to prevent them from playing anyway, I should know.  I spent about 12 years of my life going to sites and playing games that were deemed 'inappropriate' for my age.  I signed up for Myspace 'underaged' when they used to have age restrictions ... it's rather simple to dodge for anyone that really wants to play.  The only thing I could think of that would prevent that 'dodge' is to require a Credit Card Number.  I'll tell you right here and now that that is a STUPID idea.  You will lose the majority of the player base for this game ... A)  This game has been hacked before ... and I'm sure would be simple to hack again if you know what you're doing ...  WHY on Earth would anyone trust you with their Credit Card information?   B) Most parents do not trust websites with their Credit Card information  C)  Parents will start rolling in the complaints about how their child stole their credit card to sign up for the website and you'll have an entirely different (and harsher) problem to deal with.    I can honestly say, I just don't see any way to require what you have stated you are requiring.

I'm 22 years old now, so this doesn't affect me all that much ... I come here for a good time with friends and to enjoy decent roleplay.  I'm glad you are trying to 'take to task' those that are breaking rules, however I feel that most of what you are doing here is over-the-top extreme.  

This is a game ... the mentioned act is not even graphic and if someone doesn't like it, there was a block button created for a reason ... for those that take this too seriously, THEY are the ones that perhaps should not be here.  People come online to have a good time and get away from real life problems and issues and everyone has their own way of blowing off steam.  Would it be nice if people followed the basics of RP etiquette?  Absolutely!  Will it ever be feasible to force that upon them?  Not a chance ...  I argued with many a user about interrupting my role play or just being plain rude, but it never got anywhere.  I got away from all of it by jumping into private map role play, that solved the issue just fine.  Most, serious, RPers all use private maps now because everyone is tired of interruptions out in the plains and other 'stock' maps.  

Have I ever interrupted a role play?  Sure!  Everyone does at some point or another, some on accident, some on purpose.  I've never purposefully ruined an entire RP day for a person or group, however.  If I'm out 'trolling' I may pop in with a line or two and then leave, because nobody wants everything ruined ... but sometimes that short break is fun for everyone.

/end rant/

Now I have a feeling everything I just typed makes very little sense ... but I'm fly by wire sometimes :P

My whole point behind my ranting is that I feel shutting down FH for a week, just so that you get folks to read the forum?  Is a bit over-the-top, though I'm not entirely sure how else you'd get folk's attention ... but I also believe that this whole 'extreme' is going to be a large waste of your (the FH staff) time.

Feel free to comment back and 'lambaste' my thoughts how you wish :P

PS:  I'm mostly just pissed because I've been without power for almost a week ... just got it back about 4 hours ago ... and now find out I'll be without FH for another week -_-#

Offline pinkee66

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 24, 2012, 01:29:04 am »
1: im as mad as crap that this happened 2:im 9 so will i still be able to play? and 3: what about the umm "thing" in maps?

Offline Amencii

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 24, 2012, 01:29:21 am »
Ok Ok, I agree. But some people need a site to do whatever. I think its a good thing. I agree. but imma miss FH for a week :( lol

Offline Sky Lily

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
    • View Profile
    • Sky Lily's Deviantart
« Reply #153 on: January 24, 2012, 01:31:21 am »
This is why I believe the dances need to be modified or replaced with something more... appropriate, for lack of a better word.

Hopefully there's a way to implement an IP ban in the game--it would probably be the best solution for dealing with these kinds of people. :/

I agree wholeheartedly, maybe the dances should be revised..

Anyways, I feel that this was much needed, and anyone who -does- want to do some private mating crud can do so in their own maps. -_-  The rest of us really don't care to see.
MyCharacters
MyPresets
[url=http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=1

Offline Sashastriker

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 24, 2012, 01:31:57 am »
Leneka, I must say I agree with you. Closing the site for a week makes everyone wait a week, the good user and bad. Who's to say the bad users just won't come back? Becasue they will, and it's likely they'll troll worse to get back at FH. And then what? Do this again? What about the Good, responsible users? I do think this problem is one that needed to be adressed properly, but this isn't the way. A week is a long time for people who live on FH. This is an unusual punishment, and it's for everyone, which makes it worse. In a way, this is cruel to people who, like me, love FH and their FH buddies.

Remember people, There's more to us than our mistakes.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 01:37:02 am by Sashastriker »

Offline Cycada

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Grumpy Fluffbutt
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 24, 2012, 01:32:09 am »
well people im trying to keep you all from dealing with broken computers and i has proof. the virus happened to come the EXACT day i got feral heart.
http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare-Free/3000-2086_4-10407614.html?tag=mncol;1

Look at those ratings. All stars. I swear by this antivirus software.

Hey, thanks for the link to that! :D The anti-virus on my laptop recently expired so I've been looking for some good software to replace it. You're wonderful~<3

James Wolf

« Reply #156 on: January 24, 2012, 01:33:53 am »
This is gonna be hard for me I'm a 24hour 7 days a week hard core FH player

Offline Frostpaw860

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Professional Dork
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr Blog
« Reply #157 on: January 24, 2012, 01:37:28 am »
Collisons should be put on for those underaged. I want to be able to snuggle with my mate T.T -shot-
I agree with Tangle here.. Its honestly stupid to put a collision block.. I honestly think if your character is being "raped" block the guy and get over it -_- The RP I am in allowed mating so does that mean all of a sudden we cannot anymore without being over 18 or some crap like that?
Hm...I never really thought of that (I haven't been in-game for awhile). I'm sure that the best way to fix this is to perhaps: Block the User, Change or Remove the 'rape' emotes, or something else. This really does seem like a sticky situation. Their are so many opinions on this subject.

.|.For The Team.|.
.::Only active on the Forums::.

Offline DimensionGal

• The Poison Dragon's Tainted Lily
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • aka Kerrigan the Mapmaker
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #158 on: January 24, 2012, 01:39:42 am »
So, if I am reading this correctly... You'll be tackling the problem of UNDERAGE users? I find it hilarious that parents are actually contacting the site and are upset because they're too lazy to make sure their kids are under their thumbs. No fun for you, little kiddos! But you shouldn't be on a PG13+ game anyways, heck - you shouldn't even be on the internet. So, in dealing with the youngin's and this strange arrangement of shutting down the server for a week (of which I am still not sure what that will accomplish, exactly) will there be a sweep through and/or time limit for users whose profiles register as under the age of 18?

As much as I do like the idea of cracking down on the rape-y tiemz, I can't help but be concerned about an over reaction of banning for harmless or out-of-context things. But I suppose that'll be a lesson for people to keep all funny stuff in whispers and party chats.

Also, all your big text and colors annoy me and my tired eyes. o.e'
?Mapmaker serving 16,700+ Feral Heart users?

Offline Nights_Shadow

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 24, 2012, 01:39:53 am »
I do agree that something seriously needs to be changed around here. Personally, I feel something should be done about the dances. They should either be removed altogether or changed. Of course, people would most likely still find ways to "rape" others in the game. I feel that restricting people because of their ages isn't the best thing to do, and that modifications or removal of the dance actions would help a lot and would be the better option, and perhaps add a filter. Cuss words and words like rape, sex, etc. would be unable to come through into the chat. FeralHeart should be a game that's fun and safe for everyone. Anyone who is behaving inappropriately (particularly in a sexual manner) should be banned on the spot or not allowed to play for a specified amount of time, and perhaps an IP ban for repeat offenders, although the latter being a bit iffy due to that a lot of users probably share a computer in which multiple people play the game on that computer. Also, people can fairly easily change their IP addresses.

~Note: I've also seen a few people with inappropriate user names, and the number of those has increased recently. Perhaps if a filter were to be implemented, it would also include what words in user names are allowed?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 01:59:31 am by Tiffany »
"Our species needs, and deserves, a citizenry with minds wide awake and a basic understanding of how the world works."
-Carl Sagan