Author Topic: Map questions! Please answer!  (Read 2377 times)

Offline Truewolfheart

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Why love her, when you can love me?
    • View Profile
Map questions! Please answer!
« on: January 24, 2012, 08:05:57 pm »
I have a few questions about making maps.....

1. How do you name your map something other than Windmill?

2. What does mesh files and stuff like that mean?

3. How do you get other items you can't get from the map maker?

4. How do you use object maker?

5. How do you download maps? (Important question!!!)

As you can see I am a complete noob in map making! Please help it would be great!
We're in love with a guy, who loves a terrible girl. Please don't let him fall into her trap, when he has two beautiful souls to choose from....

~Everybody has a dark side, do you love me, with my dar side?~

feralheartdog

Re: Map questions! Please answer!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 09:33:12 pm »
1) type in the desired map name in Map Name: and a Desired name in Map Display name (the map name that will be displyed as you enter the map.
2)Mesh files are like objects that can be added to the game (well into your maps) Material is files of what is the texture of an object.
3)In object maker go to the 2nd tap and there you will see 2 places to type at the top Mesh; and Material
in mesh you see those mesh folders in the Fh object folder? well thats where you type em in like :den.mesh (that is a true one) in the material you would put a material file name there like rockMat,rockMat4 (becareful with Caps and symbols in Materials because it is sensitive.)
4)open up Fh click tools find object maker click it it shall pop up. then go to the second tap and type the meshes materials like what i explained a lil earlier. Be sure to click save and name your object by after typing in the meshes name and material click add new the mesh will show but also click own collosion so you can climb it. then go to the first tab give the mesh a name and a group then click save Tadah you got a new iteam you can work with in map maker :D Group (typwe in a new goup name or an old one that is s=used like Default typing a new one makes a new folder.)
5) Downloading maps that is easy so this is what you wil need WinRar : free download: http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR-32-bit/3000-2250_4-10007677.html
One you have that downloaded this is what you do: Type in the link someone has provided you click enter you will be redirected click download--->save as----.search for the FeralHeart folder--->in the feralheart folder find the exports folder--->Click Save . now close internet explorer since you wont need it anymore. find the Fh folder and open the exports folder you will see a file with a icon that is a stack of books with the name of the map you donloaded right click on it and click extract here and the files will be unzipped and be in the export folder next if a folder has been created drag that folder onto the desktop and drag whatever is in it into the exports folder one by one DONT DELETE EM!. now restart FH go to Cape of Distant Worlds and see if the map is there if not Tell me and i will help you. (but once the game is back up)
Need more help? ask me more questions and will be willing to respond. If you are wondering what Karma is and how you get it it is when someone nuzzles you. Nuzzling gives a person +1 Karma biting takes away Karma    Hope this helped you be free to ask a ton of questions  
Ohh and you can also download other ppls meshes from the mesh section if you need help on that be free again i say be free to ask me :D

kamoniak

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 10:52:24 pm »
but when i enter a name it ways it is invalid !

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 12:19:38 am »
but when i enter a name it ways it is invalid !

For the Map Name you cant use spaces so just make your map name one word, for the Map Display name you can add spaces though.
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

kamoniak

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 08:53:20 pm »
ummm another question...there is a way to change the test character?

Offline Ingredient

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 12:34:49 am »
ummm another question...there is a way to change the test character?

No i dont think there is, though but if there was it would require coding and images i believe.

feralheartdog

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 12:37:58 am »
I too agree that it would require coding and things lke that to change the text characters...if you really wanted to find an expert...im no exprt at coding....sorry ;( but im not but my dad is ut only for specialreasons he does it because he works for the F.B.I and suchhe's done it once for me but he has never taught me...Well hopefully one daysomeone could teach me maye myolder brothers ....all 9 of em .....

Offline Ingredient

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 12:45:29 am »
Well im sure the coding is similar to the material and cgf files. If i know which file it is to change then i probably could try.

Offline Truewolfheart

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Why love her, when you can love me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 05:32:09 am »
Thanks guys :) This is a huge help.
We're in love with a guy, who loves a terrible girl. Please don't let him fall into her trap, when he has two beautiful souls to choose from....

~Everybody has a dark side, do you love me, with my dar side?~

Offline Ingredient

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 05:36:11 am »
Your welcome Cynder ;)

Hey Shanith? Did you change your name from Feralheartdog?