Author Topic: What are the system requirements for FH?  (Read 8403 times)

Kitty Lue

What are the system requirements for FH?
« on: January 24, 2012, 11:06:04 pm »
Hey, its Kitty, and I have a question. What are the sustem requirements for FH? the game crashes EVERY time I select a character, and my dad says the closest thing he thinks it might be is maybe the computer doesn't have enough RAM, which seems really... weird, to me. The computer has 2 GB of RAM, which shouldn't be too small for a computer game. Does anyone know what the requirements for this game is? Even if you don't, if the FH game works on your computer, do you know how much RAM you have? Is it more that 2 GB? I have tried it out on every computer at the house (except for my sister's computer, which I believe is the only one with more than 2 GB of RAM), and it does the same thing, except for mine, which, in that case, the whole computer just shuts down if I even try to open the game. I have given up on trying to get it to work on that one, but does anyone have any ideas??????

Offline Dunstan26

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 45
  • Insanity is my middle name.
    • View Profile
Re: What are the system requirements for FH?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 01:59:18 am »
I believe your dad is correct. My computer has a lot more RAM than 2GBs and it runs fine. My computer is also newer so I expect it to have more than 2GBs. Your best bet from me is either get a better computer/laptop with more RAM or just try and get more RAM (think that's possible. I'm a slight dunderhead to computers xD)
Obsessed With A Creature

Thierry

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 02:06:31 am »
Your computer seems to be far enough to play Feral Heart
The system requirements are:

I tested feral heart with a computer with Windows XP and 384MB of ram and it worked acceptable.
About the graphics card I have a nvidia FX 5500 (an old graphics card) and it work a bit slow.
feral Heart should run fine at any 3 years old computer or less
About procesor is recommended to have 2 cores if you don't want to freeze your other apps

the freezing problem is due to another kind of problem (installation maybe?) i'm sorry i have no idea of why happening, i never had a similar problem.
I think if the whole computer just shutdown, can be a BSoD (blue screen of death), which means the windows is crashing.

Offline shell_prisoner

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 04:39:42 am »
I was successfully running FeralHeart on Athlon XP 2200+ with 1GB of RAM and GeForce 6600 video (It is about 8 year-old computer).

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 06:05:00 am »
As long as your graphics card is dedicated with driver updates from the recent years, you should be able to run FH visual wise.

When it comes to ram, you should be indeed be able to survive on 1 gig, maybe even  512 if you had to play it. The most important part when playing FH is no doubt the processor though, so if you have a decent processor as mentioned above with 2 or more cores, or a decent clock set to it you should be able to play just fine.

Plain off something like:
Windows XP Or newer
Intel pentium 4 processor@(3.0 GHZ) or recent
Dedicated graphics card from 04 and up with atleas 128 MB video memory
512 MB of RAM

Recommended would be something like:
Windows XP, Vista, or win7
Processor with at least 2 physical cores at 2.0 GHZ or above
Dedicated graphics card with atleast 256 mb video memory
1 GB of Ram

These are no official ones, just something thrown together now(also take not that these are by running the game only, and not other processes). Maybe we should have official requirements somewhere though.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Kitty Lue

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 12:29:49 am »
Thanks for the info, I'm pretty sure my dad's computer has all this, maybe not the 2 cores (I am not too familiar with processors) but I will check with him -when he comes home- to be sure. I've had this problem a long time now and hope to get it fixed soon :)
-------------------------------------
UPDATE:
I have figured out that the only 2 computers in the house that have 2 cores are my dad's new work laptop ( which 1. is his and 2. cannot download anything now work-related) and my sister's new laptop (which we found to have REALLY major graphics issues). Are 2 or more cores needed to play FH now?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 08:26:09 pm by Ericka »

Kitty Lue

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 03:04:46 pm »
I don't mean to be double-posting, but it has been a while since the last post when I said I would check. I figured out my dad's laptop has only a single core, like all the others eccept my sister's computer (which says "feralheart.exe has stopped working" if my sister or I try to open it), and my dad's new work laptop (it's his most used one and it cannot download anything not work-related). Do I need multiple cores to play online FH but not offline? Because I can do all the tools (object, sky, map, preset makers), and I can log on, but then it sits on the loading screen for a while, and the the game crashes. It sounds weird that I can play offline but not online. (This is how the problem started) It's also wierd because I previously played the game (and it worked on nearly every computer I used it on), absolutely no problems, the game ran smoothly, I played in some RPs, and then for a bit, i played another game I like to play, when I came back to go on the RPs i play in, the game said "download the latest feralheart patch" so I did. I log in, no problem, I click a character, it just loads forever and then gives me a bad token. I tried again many times, same thing. This was back when Red had the post to copy and paste something into the Feralheart folder. Unfortunately, It didn't work. So I wait a few days. New patch. I download it, and BOOM. Now I'm at my current problem. Would the lack of multiple processor cores do this? I'm sorry this is taking so much of other's time, but I would like to know the answer.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 03:20:24 pm by Ericka »

Thierry

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 02:07:37 am »
Is not needed to have a procesor with 2 cores to play FH (i have 1 core).
But your problem is in the game itself, i don't have idea of what is the problem, you should try to uninstall the delete the feral-heart folder and then reinstall.

Kitty Lue

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012, 12:19:37 am »
I wish the problem was that simple. I have tried that on all of the computers at my house, so it's probably a computer problem. This also happened some time around when my anti-virus, AVG, had an update. before, the first time I tried to run FH after a new FH installation, AVG always thought FH was a virus. Do any other AVG users use FH online?

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2012, 12:51:09 am »
aye, I run avg and FH. I just put it on ignore threat since the very first game installer, and since then it has been working all fine.
Former community manager of FeralHeart