Author Topic: help i dont know how to upload a object  (Read 1330 times)

Elihunter

help i dont know how to upload a object
« on: January 29, 2012, 01:08:33 am »
How do i upload a object? I know you have to put it on mediafire or such but i made a object and i want to upload itt. I exported it from object maker so i have the OBJECT file...but what mesh files, teexture files do i have to include or what do i entirely have to do?

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: help i dont know how to upload a object
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 01:12:13 am »
Go to Feralheart>>Media>>Objects and where ever you put the objects. Find the .mesh, the material file and the image texture. Put them all in a folder then right click it>>Send to>>Compressed zip folder then just upload it to mediafire.

Using the export button in Object Maker will only export the object group not just one object.
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Elihunter

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 01:24:47 am »
I tried but i dont know the mesh files and such the only file i have of what i exported was :whateever.OBJECT -.- wheres the meshes?

Offline Ingredient

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 01:31:32 am »
Exporting ONLY exports the group you have to include all meshes, materials and image textures yourself. Go to Object Maker and go to that group you wanted to export. Choose the mesh you wanted to upload and load it. Then go to the tab called Mesh and in the Mesh box it should say what the mesh is called. The Material box has the material the mesh uses.

Example: RandomTree.mesh
Example: RandomTreeMat

That is the name of your mesh. If it was downloaded it would be in the Feralheart folder in the my_objects folder. So you just need to find that file called RandomTree.mesh, the material and texture image.

Elihunter

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 01:33:52 am »
Uhhhhhhh huh......so i find those and just add em to the folder and once i find them all i compress?

Offline Ingredient

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 01:36:45 am »
Yep thats what you need to do. Are you unsure what .material and image texture you need?

Elihunter

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 01:41:40 am »
Yes i used objects like the Mount and many other objects I dont know wheter i have to add those to the folder too do i?

Offline Ingredient

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 01:43:54 am »
So your uploading FH default objects? Did another person accidently delete them and need it back? You said "used" did you use these objects in a map or something?

Elihunter

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 01:48:33 am »
No i made a Big mountain with caves in em i  added Acacia trees to it downloaded Boulder clusters from Hamilton i think and boulders from Hammy again i think and i bigcave from hammy again......and deerpelts and a rock bridge and rocksldide the rest of the objects i used were default objects all ready with the object maker

Offline Ingredient

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 02:08:00 am »
Hm, i havent tried this but it might work. You can save that object in an empty group then export it. Then find all the .mesh, .material and images and add those and the .object into the folder and upload it. I can try help you find the default ones if you like.