Author Topic: Karma and other animals  (Read 1948 times)

Offline Shadowtail

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Karma and other animals
« on: January 30, 2012, 08:30:31 pm »
Hello, what is Karma and in the header sometimes there is a picture of zebras. Can the move? Or do anything else?
Shadownight

Offline Silhouette

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
Re: Karma and other animals
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 08:37:13 pm »
Karma is just... well karma. You usually nuzzle (which gives karma) for when people on the forum do good things/provide ideas/ help you, whatever. And bite does the opposite.

As for the zebras, that was a banner featured in the banner contest that won. Those zebras are from Impressive Title (The game preceding Feral Heart) and they USED to run around, but that was on Impressive Title, not Feral Heart, as hunting hasnt been implemented into Feral Heart just yet, SO... any zebras/other animals other than canines/felines that you find in screenshots are simply meshes. And the meshes are just the structure of the animals... think of it like a statue placed in a map. They dont run around or move, they're just there for role play hunting or to look at.

I hope that answers your questions. :)

Offline Shadowtail

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 08:46:27 pm »
Yes, it did! Thanks!

feralheartdog

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 08:56:59 pm »
Some people do wish that there woulld be prey that "Moved" on FeralHeart....which would be hard to do

Offline Silhouette

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 09:13:09 pm »
Not a problem Shadownight. And FeralHeartdog, from what I can tell, there are possible plans to incorporate hunting/live prey into Feral Heart some point. Afterall, Impressive Title (and I mean the ORIGINAL Impressive Title, NOT the newer servers) had prey so it certaintly can't be too hard. But I've never done mesh-making/animation work/Artificial intelligence, so I would'nt know for sure. But based upon on what was in Impressive Title, Im sure its not impossible. :)

feralheartdog

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 09:17:40 pm »
I actually take a class and do Artifical Intellience its pretty easy once you get a hand of it but putting it into a game can take some programming and som scanning.

Offline Shadowtail

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 02:57:38 pm »
I hope they make prey on FeralHeart. It would be fun!