Author Topic: Bad Tokens, and crashing (this didn't used to happen!)  (Read 4148 times)

Offline Keiththewolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
Bad Tokens, and crashing (this didn't used to happen!)
« on: February 05, 2012, 05:42:21 pm »
Ok, before anyone starts commenting on what I should do, i'll say what I have done. I have uninstalled, and re-installed FH, but with no luck. I haven't tried FH on another computer, because i only have my laptop (please don't tell me to get a new computer, as this computer is very powerful, isn't that old, and cost me a pretty $1000+ bill), although if i were very desperate, i could try running it in Kubuntu, since I have WINE installed (which allows you to run Windows applications on Linux), but i'd prefer to run it in Windows. And nothing significant has been updated lately at all (no drivers, Windows updates, ect.)

Ok, now onto the issue! What the problem is that for some reason, my characters get bad tokens when they login. When i go to login again (which usually solved them in the past), it would appear to be logging in (like it would before you got a BT), and then FeralHeart would crash. It has also started randomly crashing during in-game sometimes. Now there are two funny things about this problem: 1) It started after the servers came back up ever since they went down for a week, and 2) give it some time, and I may be able to get back onto the characters! Now, I have my characters scattered about everywhere, so that if one map won't login, I can try others. But there doesn't seem to be much connection to what map i'm logging into. This is very strange behavior, and it's getting to the point where FH is almost unplayable!

Is anyone else having this problem, or is it just me?
Evil...evil live in the giant Rubrik's Cube! (If you don't get it, look up Kharzem Fortress from Skyland) XD

Offline abyssalkei

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Asuka's lifestyle....
    • View Profile
Re: Bad Tokens, and crashing (this didn't used to happen!)
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 06:26:19 pm »
I've had this problem ALL day yesterday and so far today. Once Atlantis map was fixed, Fluorite Plains map crashes. It took an hour or more of me logging in with my same character to try to get into Fluorite Plains, reset home, and get out.
So... I suggest letting a Mod/Admin know of this problem. I'm about to do the same myself. If this problem continues, I may quit for a lot longer than three months this time for more than one reason. {And I'd hate to leave all my new friends behind}

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 06:26:54 pm »
Strange.
Is there a pop-up when you crash? Also, the Crashing & Bad tokens is probably because of the number of people playing. Yesterday is was around 900 + people online.
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline heartsgirl99

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 06:28:44 pm »
Try deleting your characters and re-make them or you had to clean or update/upgrade your graphic card(s), you may try getting a new video game graphic card if you want but it might take some work. You may want to wait for the numbers of people to lower so you can play if you want.
Signature by Green

Offline abyssalkei

• Curious Wanderer
  • Asuka's lifestyle....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 06:32:29 pm »
Only on Fluorite Plains map, I get this upon first signing in:
Bad Token
Failed to connect to map server, try again?
Feral Hearts has stopped working...

Note: I can go to Bonfire Island, of course I lag because there's a slight problem in my computer, but it's just as easy and switching to F1 view and looking away from groups of 7 or more. Most of my characters now are either in Ascending Islands, South Pole, and Sky's Rim. I still can't get Tai, one of my best RP wolves, out of Fluorite Plains map, and he's isolated by the +/x on the map.

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 06:35:59 pm »
Once the Failed to Connect to map Server pop-up comes up, don't click retry, click cancel then log in again on the same character. Also, right now there are 921 people playing because its the weekend, things might get better on Monday.
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline meowool

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 06:38:55 pm »
I hope so...

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 06:39:49 pm »
So, I would just wait or avoid the main places you crash in until tomorrow.
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline abyssalkei

• Curious Wanderer
  • Asuka's lifestyle....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 06:46:41 pm »
Just so you know, I'm not trying to argue, I do hit cancel, and that's when it crashes. It hit retry, and I'm sitting there like, "I had enough time to make myself lunch because this is still loading."
I can literally go everywhere else: Ficho Tunnel, Bonfire Island, South Pole {Which was crowded on a Saturday due to Fluorite trouble, we had a few spammers there too; in howling non-stop and doing all CAPS, after being politely asked to stop}, I never go to Cape of Distant Worlds and Temple of Dreams? unless I'm dragged there by a Hetalia group. I'm rarely in Last Cave. Ascending Islands has a lot of people in it during the day, and I have no problem hanging out with everyone there. Sky's Rim is okay during the day, a little crowded on the highest rock, but it's really not a problem. I'm only having the trouble with Fluorite Plains, which at night, it's not very crowded, and I was following a friend, and we both crashed.

Offline Keiththewolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 10:55:37 pm »
I should clarify my problem: I'm not trying to get into Flourtine all the time, but also a friend's custom map. It happens no matter what map, it seems. And even if i use a character i just created, it does this to me sometimes. But no messages saying "failure to connect" (that happened yesterday, but it's a different problem all togteher), just reports that FeralHeart has stopped working. This is not a connection problem, as the game would display an error saying it can't connect, not crash. And the fact is it always crashes on the second attempt. First attempt I get a bad token, but when i try again (which worked in the past to get rid of BTs), it crashes.

Also, there are no updates, or have i installed updated drivers for my graphics card ever since i got FH. Buying a new graphics card is out of the question, because this is a laptop. And re-installing the drivers won't do any good, since again, nothing has changed with them. If FH worked fine before, the logically that means there must be a problem with FH somewhere. Also, i find is suspicious that this started happening AFTER the server came back up after the week of it being down.

BTW, how am I supposed to report this problem to an admin? Is there some kind of bug reporting thread?
Evil...evil live in the giant Rubrik's Cube! (If you don't get it, look up Kharzem Fortress from Skyland) XD