Author Topic: Mates and Such  (Read 4494 times)

Offline samshadow24

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
Mates and Such
« on: February 07, 2012, 01:19:19 am »
Now don't get me wrong here, I'm all for finding a mate to rp with, But there are a few problems I notice...

1. First off, When people want to find a mate, they advertise for one, or just walk right up and go 'hey we can be mates wanna?' When they could actually have their chari meet someone one the game, and get to know em', instead of straight out asking a strange wolf/lion/creature.

2. Some people think that finding a mate means getting into a serious relationship, rather then just as a rp wise. I mean come on people, your not going to find your future husband of FH!

Offline Windance

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Om nom om om
    • View Profile
    • My Preset Thread
Re: Mates and Such
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 02:06:29 am »
     Yeaaaah, one thing you have to get used to on this game is the matebeggers. To be honest, I never understood it. This isn't eHarmony after all...and I just find it darn weird to be honest. :X
   Yes, some people want a mate for their character, but it's quite awkward when a stranger just comes up and asks. When my old characters had a mate on IT, they were usually a friend I knew for a while and we just paired up our characters for comical nonsense. XD For a while, had my charrie Foxtrot in a love triangle kind of rp that was hilarious. But hitting on strangers...even if meant to just hit on the "character" you're playing as...can be kinda creepy to me. That's not some sort of rp I think should be an introduction to someone lol.

Offline wolfgrrl13

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
    • View Profile
    • Roleplay Land
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 02:08:21 am »
Yes, some people take FH seriously.  I myself, have only mate-begged one time.  And that was the first day on FH ever!  Now, I know that it's way better to rp with the person.  When I'm in-game, I never go without seeing a mate-begger post or movie.  It gets annoying when people blow up the chat looking for a mate.  Like I said, I only begged once, and I know now how those people must have felt.  I was a tard to do something like that, but I wasn't the only one that did that at that moment.  But anyway, I think people should rp with others and not mate-beg, and they need to understand that FH is just a game, and the character that you're talking to could be a rapist or a cereal killer or something in real life.

Offline NuclearParadox

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • The Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 02:43:17 am »
I honestly believe that a lot of people mate beg just because so many other people do it.  Newbies to the game probably see a bunch of these other people going "I need a mate", and react by either going "What?" or "Golly gee, I probably need one of those, too!"  It's just a theory, but the latter probably believes that FH is less of a virtual chat and more like WolfQuest, but with felines as well.  Then there are those who just want a friend, and seeing as mate beggars often get results, they use that as a way of meeting people.  Long story short, I don't think most people who mate beg are actually looking for a romantic, quality relationship for their character.
In-game I am NuclearParadox.

Offline samshadow24

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 11:44:11 pm »
Very true, all of you. And you do have a good point, Paradox. I never thought of it that way as a bandwagon sorta thing.

Offline Raoran

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Don't forget about taking care of yourself. Love u
    • Raoran
    • Flyingtoyoublue
    • Shira_Wolf
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 04:00:05 am »
Haha I'm glad I never did that in FH to regret it. But I've gotta say, it's getting a bit obnoxious(Actually it has been ever since FH was out). I've never really seen people taking it seriously, as if they'd really date someone. But only as characters.... People really do that? xD

Alsooo, when they just come up to you and ask if you want them as your mate. I have that issue on my male characters and it's very weird. Lol.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 04:02:27 am by Raoran »

Offline Ouuka

• Ramine's Nuudel
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Burp
    • Blue-Rakuen
    • SliferBeau
    • View Profile
    • Blue-Rakuen DA
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 06:30:14 am »
Yea mate beggers get annoying at times, there needs to be a map for just MATE Hunting XD there anyone looking for mates can go in and know that everyone else there is looking for mates. That way they leave the rest of us alone in peace, and only disturb the others who do the same XD

Wildgirl101

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 06:36:13 pm »
well i think you should look out there are people out there who kidnap others well ill cut it short LOOK OUT!

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 07:55:04 am »
I find mate begging completely annoying especially when someone hooks you up without knowing whats going on.
I shall tell yee a short tale. I was in an rp with about 7 members not including me, 6 had mates except meh. I didnt care i just kept rping.

Alpha: Shadow im sick of you not having a mate, could you please get one?
Shadow (me): Um i dont see the problem without one
Alpha: I'll advertise for you, ill find you a mate dont worry
Shadow: No you really dont have to do that, please just dont
Alpha starts advertising and spamming the chat with it and movies.
I log off

That kinda ticked me off, i hate when no one listens to me >:(

I believe having mates are fine, though a character made of pixals shouldnt be used for serious relationships. You dunno who that person is on the other computer screen, its not an online dating site.
Of course mates can do quite......uhhhhh not so nice looking things. I dont mean snuggling together i mean buttswinging and headbanging in certain places. Its not just trolls but two dirty minded mates that do stuff in public. Quite revoulting really.
Ive had a stranger ask me to be his/hers mate (I couldnt tell which) not knowing the person i said no. The lion didnt stop though, it tried lying under me, going on top of me, buttswinging over ect. When it was convinced i didnt want him/her it left to try my friend.

I prefere getting a mate by rp, not force. We had a matebegger join our rp and she couldnt even rp very well. She just wanted this guy.

An rp by her

gets rabbit from a hole and brings it back

Thats all she did in the rp.
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline xXJackForeverXx

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Flooffeh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 10:22:54 am »
I dont get some people... They just ask for mates insted of actully meeting the person... really strange....
J.K.G