Author Topic: Collisions not working in Map Maker.  (Read 2293 times)

Offline Arystina

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
Collisions not working in Map Maker.
« on: February 07, 2012, 03:22:29 am »
I'm not sure if it's a result of the new patch or not, but for some reason I can not add collisions to objects in map maker. Well, I can, but when I test it, my character runs through the yellow box like it's not there at all. I can check the little box to make the object completely solid, which works, but adding a collision by hand doesn't. I'm not sure why this is, I don't recall having this problem in the past.

I can make everything solid I suppose, but I'm certain people with winged characters will find it quite annoying when they can't fly through tree tops (I hope to make a jungle map, so....lots of trees). o___o

Offline Windance

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Om nom om om
    • View Profile
    • My Preset Thread
Re: Collisions not working in Map Maker.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 03:27:16 am »
I know that the box ones can be odd at times...but does this happen on meshes created by the game? Like, if you upload in object maker an already existing object like one of the trees, does it do the same thing when you test it?

Offline Arystina

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 03:28:53 am »
I know that the box ones can be odd at times...but does this happen on meshes created by the game? Like, if you upload in object maker an already existing object like one of the trees, does it do the same thing when you test it?
Yep. I run through every object I test in map maker, including the default ones, unless it has the "own collision" selected.

I just checked in game. I run through objects there as well. :(
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 03:33:07 am by Arystina »

Offline Windance

• Experienced Traveler
  • Om nom om om
    • View Profile
    • My Preset Thread
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 03:34:31 am »
Hm...that's really odd. o.O I'll test it for myself as well. Other than that, only thing I could suggest is trying to reinstall the game...but that always sucks. Do you have another computer you could download it on and see if it happens on that machine too?

Edit: Seems to happen to me as well from certain angles if I try to collide with the trees...odd. But only if I'm facing it a certain way. o.O
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 03:36:59 am by Windance »

Offline Arystina

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 03:36:36 am »
Hm...that's really odd. o.O I'll test it for myself as well. Other than that, only thing I could suggest is trying to reinstall the game...but that always sucks. Do you have another computer you could download it on and see if it happens on that machine too?

I do, but it's very old. I don't think it would support the game.

Oh well. If I can't fix this, I'll just have to work around it (ie: more shrubs fewer trees in my map).

Offline Windance

• Experienced Traveler
  • Om nom om om
    • View Profile
    • My Preset Thread
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 03:38:21 am »
Yeah, it happens at a few angles of me facing the tree, but I do still get some collision. So not sure what's going on. I don't seem to have it as bad as you do though. o.O Is it from all angles with you too? Try walking around the tree and walking into it from different angles and see if this continues to happen.

Offline Arystina

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 03:46:25 am »
Yeah, it happens at a few angles of me facing the tree, but I do still get some collision. So not sure what's going on. I don't seem to have it as bad as you do though. o.O Is it from all angles with you too? Try walking around the tree and walking into it from different angles and see if this continues to happen.

Okay, so there is some collision, but not much. I tested the default oak tree and my character runs through the bottom, but when I tried jumping against it, my character bounced back.  I tested a default rock again as well, and I run through it as well from all but one angle, but I can also sit on top of it. So weird...

Offline Windance

• Experienced Traveler
  • Om nom om om
    • View Profile
    • My Preset Thread
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 03:48:40 am »
Seems like just a current glitch. If I walk up to them (shift+w) I get full collision. It may be a preventative from people getting trapped in meshes, not sure. I say make your map as if all collision was working, and wait till this gets figured out lol.

Offline Arystina

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 03:50:40 am »
Seems like just a current glitch. If I walk up to them (shift+w) I get full collision. It may be a preventative from people getting trapped in meshes, not sure. I say make your map as if all collision was working, and wait till this gets figured out lol.

Okay. Hopefully that's all it is. Thanks for your help!

Offline Silvianna

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 01:17:44 am »
Ugh, Same thing is happening to me now
Its happening with the IT pine tree... I Never noticed it until now, But it also occurs with the default objects, Exactly like you guys said >.<

Edit: You know what you can do though, You can type BasicCube.mesh into the Mesh, Make it OwnCollision, Then turn the texture to "Invisible" and use that.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 01:27:30 am by Silvianna »