Author Topic: Tunnels in fh Maps?  (Read 2948 times)

Offline Frost Moon

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Drawing is art, art is beautiful~
    • View Profile
Tunnels in fh Maps?
« on: February 12, 2012, 11:22:54 pm »
Hello Feral heart members! I have a question. I'm a map maker, and I've come up with this problem.

How do I make underground tunnels?

COuld somebody point me towards a... say.. youtube video, or maybe a step by step instructional guide themselves? It would help me so much! Thanks~

iKeerah

Re: Tunnels in fh Maps?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 11:34:35 pm »
I don't think that's possible. xP I could be wrong, but the only way I know of doing something remotely like that would be to use a mesh.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 02:21:48 am »
There's no proper way to make tunnels within a regular map unless as mentioned above, you using yourself of some sort of mesh that you can walk around in.

However though, in order to make tunnels and caves within the game, you must make a whole map that works as one. The game is programmed to make this simple enough, and if you are inside the map maker, there's a checkerbox saying "Has sky" I believe, if you remove this the sky will become black and you will get a ceiling over the map with a rock texture. This way it will look like a tunnel and cave depending on how you make your heightmap for it. Just as the map "Ficho tunnel" from the game.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Ouuka

• Ramine's Nuudel
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Burp
    • Blue-Rakuen
    • SliferBeau
    • View Profile
    • Blue-Rakuen DA
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 06:44:05 am »
Along with what Red and iKeerah said there is a mini way to make tunnels. I call it the cheap tunnel XD When making a heightmap u can make a tunnel path thats lower then the regular ground, then simply use a tunnel mesh or another type of mesh to cover the top of the path and there u have it...a tunnel XD