Author Topic: Map owner rights  (Read 1882 times)

Offline BigSkippy

• Warden Of FH
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • Winter Is Coming
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
Map owner rights
« on: February 17, 2012, 03:54:56 pm »
Hey, Anyone else tired of Map stealers? cause I sure am :D I  know this has probably been brought up before but I think I should bring it up again, So lately I have been hearing allot of people talking about people stealing their map and claiming it as theirs I believe that the owner of the Map should maybe have the ability to kick or some how remove said player from the map? Like a button that only appears for the map owner in their map and only in their map difficult ask I know but it would save allot of complaints would it not?
Never Forget What You Are, The Rest Of The World Will Not. Wear It Like Armor And It Can Never Be Used To Hurt You.

Offline EvilSock

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Map owner rights
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 03:58:06 pm »
Maybe, yes. Although I'm pretty sure that map stealing is against the rules if you have proof of it then the person would probably get in pretty big trouble. On the other hand, it's your responsibility about who you let download your map and you should be almost certain that they won't just go and 'troll' in it. If it's just a single person ranting on about how it's their map, then I don't see an issue. Just block them. However, if they suddenly bring in a whole load of people and start their own roleplay in YOUR map, then I think it's a good idea to report. A kicking feature would be nice, but it's not absolutely necessary.

Offline Ramine

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
    • View Profile
    • Ramine on DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 04:07:40 pm »
I also brought that idea up once, but it's really not that easy.. The map maker might abuse the power to kick out those who they don't ''like''.
Also, that would take a lot of programming, I assume you would have to enter a password or such, so the game would know that your the REAL owner of the map.
I doubt that Kov would ever create this option.

Also, Haaaai Joey >:3

Signature by Delay. <3

Offline CloudFeesh

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 04:53:43 pm »
I kind of like the idea of at least having  a way for map makers to put a trademark type thing into the actual map. Someone mentioned before having like the mapmaker's username pop up upon entry. Seems simple enough to include, I think.

Offline BigSkippy

• Warden Of FH
  • Finest Floof
  • Winter Is Coming
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 10:20:00 pm »
Yeah I know it's not necessary but IF someone get's your map from someone in the RP without your permission comes in starts claiming it as theirs ETC then Honestly you should be able to have some way of dealing with it Yeah you can report to the mod's and stuff but in all honesty map stealing isnt a "Big" problem to bring Mod's/Admins into it. and yeah i highly doubt Kovu doing anything of that extent but i think it would be pretty Awesome like if you have a fight with someone more then once and youve warned them honestly the warning does nothing they know you cant get them out of your map all you can say is "Please leave" and nothing changes XD but thanks for the replies much appreciated.
Never Forget What You Are, The Rest Of The World Will Not. Wear It Like Armor And It Can Never Be Used To Hurt You.

Offline Crin

• The Silver-Tongue
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 113
  • The Illuminati Pedro Hat
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 10:25:32 pm »
I like this idea, but like Ramine said, this would take quite a bit of work. However. On Mediafire, though I'm not sure about other file sharing sites, there is an option to put a password on the file so that people need know that before they can actually download it. I use that quite a bit. And if a person gets their hands on it, claims it as their own? You can just change the password to prevent new people from getting it.

It's a simple enough answer, but I think that it may help out some people.
Resigned, quit, and basically long gone.

P R I D E <3

Offline BigSkippy

• Warden Of FH
  • Finest Floof
  • Winter Is Coming
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 02:02:21 am »
Great idea crin ima be useing that now :D!