Author Topic: My map crashed and I've lost my main chars!!!!!  (Read 1368 times)

Offline Apoc999

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
My map crashed and I've lost my main chars!!!!!
« on: February 17, 2012, 10:05:30 pm »
 >:( NOT FAIR!!!! I've made a map called TheLonelyIsland and I roleplayed on that map with osme of my main chars and now...when I try to play them....it says all the time: "Failed to conect to map server".... I've lsot my chars! If I try to remade them...it will not be the same..... Some mods told me that jsut happend to me! This is not fair! Others say to wait untilt next patch or server!

Offline LU-LU

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
Re: My map crashed and I've lost my main chars!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 10:12:10 pm »
why did you delete me!? and why did you block me.... i didnt mean it in that way i ment as in

thank you for posting because its happened to me before to.. im sorry if you thought something else...

Offline Crin

• The Silver-Tongue
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 113
  • The Illuminati Pedro Hat
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 10:15:39 pm »
Have you tried to reinstall, both the map and the game? Remove the map and redownload. And if that doesn't work... You may have to wait for a new patch, sadly. Or you can try:

- Go into your C:\FeralHeart\media\particles folder. Inside of it, there should be particles with the name _01 _02 in them. These are copies of an already existing particle. Remove these from the folder and then run the game.

- Remove the maps in your "exports folder" then try to run the game again.

- if that fails open your ogre.cfg with notepad and change your rendering mode to the one NOT selected.
Resigned, quit, and basically long gone.

P R I D E <3

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 11:34:43 pm »
If this is an issue that happens when you enter the map, doesn't matter which char you choose and you know for a fact that you are not alone by getting a character stuck(The other user must've tried recently). It means that the map will not work until the server has a restart or reboot.

Your characters will work again eventually, but you must wait for some time until they do since restarting the server is something that's not wanted by the majority of the users unless one of the official maps are down.

A tip is to always make a backup character of your main character if it gets stuck somewhere.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Soratha

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • what is this
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 04:47:47 am »
A tip is to always make a backup character of your main character if it gets stuck somewhere.
Even if it's stuck, you should still be able to edit a character.
I use a dry erase marker on the size  and such to get it perfect (But I wouldn't use marker on the computer screen too much, or leave it on too long or it might damage the screen, or dry and get hard to erase, [which would also destroy the screen).
then I look at the fur colours and remember the numbers (also possible to write them down).
I made a clone of my first character for fun, then I lost the original to atlantis, which perma-jammd it, so I had to delete him. I sometimes make a clone because I want to keep the other one in a specific map (most likely because the map is hard to get to).
I made a copy of a character I wanted to stay in a FH+ scene so I didn't have to constantly go to bonfire then get lost in the new ficho (as usual) to get there. (can't the only good map in FH+ [the Winter Water Mill] be put in normal FH?)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 05:20:23 am »
Characters never get permanent lost/frozen in a map if you just have some patience until the server has a reboot though so I do not understand the point of deleting any character at all for that case.

Just give it some time, try it a few days later and it probably works.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline YowlingYeen

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: -13
  • My charictore Milkfur and her mate Nighttail :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 06:00:29 am »
This has actually recetly happened to me and I lost my fav and main cha Mink T.T she has my MAIN pack and my outher char I made just to test to see if Mink was REALLY stuck and she is I have deleated redownloded and deleated the stupid map twice and it still wont work T.T

Think you got what it takes to survive these streets? Then click hear! See if you can survive........That is if your not Scared!

http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=22830.10&topicseen